HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:38:41 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 19, 2022  (Read 2955 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 06:23:09 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Force #23
The Trial of Magneto #2
X-Men #3
Onslaught Revelations #1

Inferno #1
Wolverine #16
X-Force #24
X-Men #4

X-Men: The Trial of Magneto #3

Symbiotic Spider-Man: Crossroads #3
Symbiotic Spider-Man: Crossroads #4
Death of Doctor Strange #1
Death of Doctor Strange #2
Lucky the Pizza Dog Infinity Comic #1

Winter Guard #2
The Marvels #5
Black Cat #10
Thor #17
Thor #18
Eternals: Celestial #1
Dark Ages #2
Defenders #3
Captain Marvel #33
Kang the Conquerer #3
Gamma Flight #4
Iron Man #13
Immortal Hulk #50
Fantastic Four #37

------------------------------------------------------

Symbiotic Spider-Man: Crossroads #3 & 4 - Good! Fun with Devil Dinosaur and the Eternals!  The big ending is next issue!

Lucky the Pizza Dog Infinity Comic #1 - cute short story told only with art, no dialogue. I liked it and didn’t mind scrolling down for this particular story.

Death of Doctor Strange #1 & 2 - While I’m not a fan of the Three Sisters,I am a fan of this series so far.  The cast of characters surrounding Dr Strange are always fun and faced with this mystery should give us more entertainment.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Kang the Conqueror #3
X-Men #4
Eternals Forever #1
X-Men Trial of Magneto #2

X-Men Trial of Magneto #3
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #1 (of 6)
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #2

Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #3
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #4
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #5
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire #6 (of 6)

DC INFINITE
Batman The Detective #4
Infinite Frontier #2
Joker #5

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Once and Future #1
Once and Future #2

Once and Future #3
Once and Future #4
Once and Future #5

Once and Future #6
Reckless v3 - Destroy All Monsters - added

Heir to the Empire - Glad I read the book as this is cutting a good bit out. Not cutting essential items as much as the explanation as to why some things ae essential or even just expounding on certain aspects of the happenings  Undecided It's not a turn off, per se, but I fear it is lessening my desire to read the next two minis. I will, I think, if for nothing else that this seems easier than reading the other two books I have yet to read
 Grin

Once and Future - Ahhh, you can see the writing venture into the close now. Around this time is when Boom decided the sales were good and asked Gillen if he had a series in this and the mini became a series. Things are starting to quicken, yet also slow down? It is odd. Still good, but yeah, next issue was the last and you can tell here

EDIT - Forgot I read this one -
Trial of Magneto #3 - Ugh, horrible art and a total crap pacing job made this previous good read a horrible one this week. Not a good issue at all. Hope this gets back on track

EDIT 2 -
Joker - I went to read this and I had done so already  Grin I don't see where I discussed it here, so I flipped back through to get my memory in gear and oh yeah, this has an art style like theone used in the Sabrina the witch series written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa ... and damn I can't think of the artist. Similar looking though. A little past peek.
Of course we saw recently that this series is ending at #14. Sucks
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:17:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 02:30:07 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Force #23
The Trial of Magneto #2
X-Men #3
Onslaught Revelations #1

Inferno #1
Wolverine #16
X-Force #24
X-Men #4

Winter Guard #2
The Marvels #5
Black Cat #10
Thor #17
Thor #18

Dark Ages #2
Defenders #3
Captain Marvel #33
Kang the Conquerer #3

Gamma Flight #4
Iron Man #13
Immortal Hulk #50
Fantastic Four #37

Thor #17 & 18 - OH…MY…GAWD.  This team is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!! I can not wait for next issue.  These are four of my absolute favorite characters and to have them all on one team has me as giddy as a school girl.

Immortal Hulk #50 - I can’t really say I understood anything that happened in this series but I loved every minute of it.  And the same was true for this issue.  I’m glad it’s wrapped up and we’re heading off into a new series with a new creative team, but this was one hell of a ride.

Kang the Conquerer #3 - Yes! Another great issue.  This is fast becoming my favorite Marvel book right now.  The time wimey stuff is hard on the brain but the ramifications are amazing. 

Captain Marvel #33 - Lots of action in this one and a link to all the Marvels.  I like how this book is most like the comics of old just fighting bad guys.  Next issue: Binary!

Dark Ages #2 - I like it.  It’s not a lot of action but the slow burn has lots of explanations and twists. And this ending just made things much more interesting.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 03:09:55 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Force #23
The Trial of Magneto #2
X-Men #3
Onslaught Revelations #1

Inferno #1
Wolverine #16
X-Force #24
X-Men #4

Winter Guard #2
The Marvels #5 - dropping this title.
Black Cat #10
Thor #17
Thor #18

Dark Ages #2
Defenders #3 - dropping this title.
Captain Marvel #33
Kang the Conquerer #3

Gamma Flight #4
Iron Man #13 - Dropping this title.
Immortal Hulk #50
Fantastic Four #37

I got one more in before the night ended.  And I’m scratching Iron Man, The Marvels, and Defenders off the list.  I’m just not interested in them anymore.

Eternals: Celestia #1 - Great one shot setting up what has to be an eventual war.  I really like what Gillen is doing with the Eternals!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:12:42 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS