HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:53:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League vs. the Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 2072 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: January 10, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »

First issue is released this week!

One thousand years in the future, a Legion of Super-Heroes comes together to dedicate their lives to recapturing the great age of heroes of the 21st century. When the heroes discover that reality is falling to a great darkness in both times simultaneously, the Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes must team up to stop it all. But what is the connection between the secrets of the new Gold Lanterns and the coming of the Great Darkness? A monumental DC epic event miniseries!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 03:41:10 PM »

Oh boy, more Bendis?
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 03:53:22 PM »

Oh boy, more Bendis?
 Smiley

Ha ha! Not a fan?
To be honest, I am not really interested about either team right now. It will probably be a trade paperback by the end of summer.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »

Oh boy, more Bendis?
 Smiley

Ha ha! Not a fan?

I used to be. But about two or three years before Bendis went to DC I started to lean more towards Jimmy's way of thinking, without the disdain he has for Bendis  Grin I think Bendis burned himself, our us fans, out of his writing style.
When he went to DC I was actually hopeful that it would have a rejuvenating effect on either his style or the way it hit for me. And while I have never been a huge fan of Superman, I actually did like his Action Comics for the first 8 issues or so. I loved the way it dealt with Lois, Jimmy, the Daily Planet, etc... and was leading into that Checkmate comic, which I spoke on already. I will not speak too much of the his sister Superman title he did (other than to say I didn't hate it as much as others).
But with-in a few months I couldn't hang on any longer to either of his Supes'centric titles.
The last straw was when he up-aged Jon, so he could work him into his version of the Legion of Super-Heroes and not only did I hate that (Jon was a perfect character at the age he was, especially with Damian as a friend) but to top it off, he then ruined the Legion, one of my all time favorite teams, and so the aging thing angered me even more as it was for nothing (in my eyes).

I still hope to be a fan of his again, but I don't think it will be with the big two. He is going to have to grab me with his creator stuff again. I hope his Joy Operations does well with Dark Horse so maybe I can try that at some point.

Wow, I had more to say than I had thought
 Cheesy Cheesy

To be honest, I am not really interested about either team right now. It will probably be a trade paperback by the end of summer.

I am probably peek at it when it hits DCI six months after. I think I am going to have to try at least the first issue. Even though it is HIS Legion and I am not a fan of that, I am still hoping for a new story featuring the team that I can read and enjoy so I have to try.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 04:45:51 PM »

I can’t stand this version of the Legion so I doubt I’ll pick this up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 12:29:15 AM »

I will never apologize for my disdain of Bendis. He does so much poorly now, he's making any older work of his start to get worse by association.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 03:30:55 PM »

I flipped through it at the LCS and nope, not interested.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 05:09:44 PM »

I flipped through it at the LCS and nope, not interested.

DC found that you are not alone. But they did it the hard way  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS