HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:18:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 22, 2021  (Read 3985 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 12:26:16 AM »

Radiant Black #10 - I think I’m done with this series.  I didn’t care for this issue and I’ve been losing interest for awhile.  I feel kind of bad because I know Rodney loves this.

AWWWWW! Don't feel bad. If it's not for you, I'm not offended.

Whew!  Thanks man!    Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2021, 12:48:57 AM »

Since I finished my list early AND my MU list for Wednesday has a 32 issue backlog on it, I’m going to go ahead and get started on some of those comics!

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #11
Iron Man #12

I wouldn't, really  Undecided
You know I have defended this book, but these last two issues are, well.... I just can't.
Save your time for something else.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2021, 04:01:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #2
Moon Knight #3
Gamma Flight #3
Gamma Flight #4

Kang the Conqueror #1
Kang the Conqueror #2
Iron Man #11
Iron Man #12
Guardians of the Galaxy #17 - the Last Annihilation part 3
Guardians of the Galaxy #18 - the Last Annihilation conclusion
Black Widow #10
Black Widow #11
Fantastic Four #35
Fantastic Four #36

—————————————————————————————————

Moon Knight #2 & 3 - Really liked issue 3. The series is getting bette with each issue.

Gamma Flight #3 & 4 - This has been fun hanging with the side characters from Immortal Hulk.  Looking forward to the big battle next issue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »

Since I finished my list early AND my MU list for Wednesday has a 32 issue backlog on it, I’m going to go ahead and get started on some of those comics!

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #11
Iron Man #12

I wouldn't, really  Undecided
You know I have defended this book, but these last two issues are, well.... I just can't.
Save your time for something else.

Ha! That’s ok.  You know I have to finish it.   Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2021, 01:13:11 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #2
Moon Knight #3
Gamma Flight #3
Gamma Flight #4
Kang the Conqueror #1
Kang the Conqueror #2
Iron Man #11
Iron Man #12
Black Widow #10
Black Widow #11
Fantastic Four #35
Fantastic Four #36

I read those issues of FF and Moon Knight. What were your thoughts? And how did the Guardians end?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »

Moon Knight #2 & 3 - Really liked issue 3. The series is getting bette with each issue.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Obviously, as you can tell by my call, I felt otherwise. Ha, didn't read this first as you can hopefully tell Cheesy

Let's just mark this one up as "us having different thoughts on it" and move on
 Cheesy Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2021, 01:47:26 PM »

Magic Order 4-6 - I had forgotten most everything about this title [...]

I remember reading this back in the day but can’t remember what my final thoughts were.  I didn’t realize a second series was out.  Sounds like something I should get.

I would most certainly suggest a reread of the first one. I am not sure if the new volume will be a continuation or a new story but you can't go wrong reading it again. You either get a good story and familiarize yourself with the goings on for the new arc or, if it is a new story, one not connected to the first volume, you get a good story.
Win/win
 Cheesy

knocked out a DC reread (good) and a few new Marvel (bad)...

MU Older Stuff
Avengers #17 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9(2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #10
Infinity #2

MU Newer Stuff
Wolverine #15
Dark Ages #1
Kang the Conqueror #1
Kang the Conqueror #2
Iron Man #12
Eternals: Thanos Rises #1

Moon Knight #3
Fantastic Four #36
X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation #1
X-Men #3
Death of Doctor Strange #1

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
Batman: The Detective #2
Batman: The Detective #3
Justice League: Last Ride #1
Justice League: Last Ride #2
Nice House on the Lake #1

Nightwing #81
Justice League #59 (J.L Dark story only) - Re-read
Justice League #60 (J.L Dark story only)
Justice League #61 (J.L Dark story only)
Justice League #62 (J.L Dark story only)
Justice League #63 (J.L Dark story only)

Others
Primordial #3
Nailbiter #4
Nailbiter #5

Nailbiter #6
Nailbiter #7
Magic Order #1
Magic Order #2
Magic Order #3

Magic Order #4
Magic Order #5
Magic Order #6

Magic Order v2 #1
Magic Order v2 #2
Birthright #1
Birthright #2
FirePower #8
FirePower #9
FirePower #10
FirePower #11

FirePower #12
Serial #9 - (edit - added just now. I was trying to wait, still going to try and hold off for a week or so  Grin)

J.L Dark (JL #59 back up) - Okay, yeah, now I remember  Cheesy Good setup for a story

Wolverine #15 - Okay, yeah, now I remember  Sad  I dove back in as I still have the desire to try and follow the Main Mutant of Marvel. I had forgotten how much I don't enjoy Percy's writing. I just can't do it. Wolverine cut again

Fantastic Four #36 - Flipped open the book (well, clicked the page  Grin) and had a good feeling at first. I just swiped a few pages to preview and the art was pretty good, even... familiar. It looked a little bit like Marvel's "Four". The MK imprint of the Fantastic Four by RAS and Steve McNiven back in the day. Not everything, mainly Susan and her poses and hair, but yeah, some McNiven is here. Some of the art even looked like the old X-Men artist Paul Smith (VH1 please do a "Where Are They Now" on him!). Yes, Johnny looks kinda weird. A little off. Much different looking (and no I don't like it), but hey Ben Grimm has not looked this good in a loooong ass time. Yeah, I dug the art. A McNiven/Smith merger. Cool!
I then went back, started over and read it.
It's a'ight. Nothing grand. There are structure problems, but it is Slott, there is going to be. Meh

Moon Knight #3 - Ugh. I really like the character MK and I know him (all versions of himself  Cheesy) pretty well. This is not MK. Not sure what is up with it, I like the writer. I think he is doing a banging job on Black Cat, but I think he needs to stay over there. After enjoying the first issue, I now find that this isn't doing it for me. It doesn't help that the art is so damn bad. I love some stylized art. But what I am getting here is an artist trying to do another artists (Bill Sienkiewicz) and not getting there. Yes the sharp angles and slashes are there, but it isn't close to Bill. The shadowing is off, the angles are not right. It does nothing for me.
I'm still going to try and stay on for a few more issues, hoping we get a change of... something, but I am worried this isn't for me. And hey, that's okay. Always next time
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2021, 11:21:45 PM »

It looks like I stand alone with Moon Knight!   Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 02:52:58 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #2
Moon Knight #3
Gamma Flight #3
Gamma Flight #4

Kang the Conqueror #1
Kang the Conqueror #2

Iron Man #11
Iron Man #12
Black Widow #10
Black Widow #11
Fantastic Four #35
Fantastic Four #36

Kang the Conqueror #1 & 2 - Wow! I love this series! This is a great origin story!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:35 PM »

I may add Kang to my MU list. Timeless came out today (which I didn't pick up) and I am curious to see its connections.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS