HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:19:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 8, 2021  (Read 3154 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »

MU Older Stuff
Avengers #17 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9(2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #10
Infinity #2

MU Newer Stuff
Amazing Fantasy #1
Amazing Fantasy #2

Thor #16
Wolverine #15
Dark Ages #1
Kazar: Lord of the Savage Land #1 (Monday)
Defenders #2 (Monday)

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
Batman: The Detective #2
The Joker #3
The Joker #4 (Tuesday)
Justice League: Last Ride #1

Others
Ice Cream Man #25
Ice Cream Man #26
Black Hammer Reborn #5
Black Hammer Reborn #6

Chew #1
Chew #2

Chew #3 - Canceled
Chew #4 - Canceled
Nailbiter #1
Nailbiter #2

Nailbiter #3
Nailbiter #4
Birthright #1
Birthright #2
Frontiersman #1
Frontiersman #2

Frontiersman - Sadly I bought two issues instead of first trying the... first... first. Maybe it is good, when you are, I don't know, looking for this kind of thing, but right now, I am not. Look, I certainly lean more on the liberal side of things but at the same time I am not looking for everything I see to be about them. Reading a book about social issues set more in a hero style just didn't do it for me. The book isn't just about that, not saying that it is, but there is enough here to either make me roll my eyes at the fiction or get thinking and thus mad at the truth I am reading about. I understand why I was suggested this title (based on how I feel about Corporations, Global Warming, News that is no longer trustworthy because people believe what they want instead of what is true, etc...) but I was not wanting to read about any of that at the time I tried this.

Nailbiter - I may skip ahead in this title in a bit. I have read this title before (up to... hell... maybe issue 10 or so?) so all I am doing now is trying to get myself reacquainted with the cast and events that I have read prior so I can finish off this series. A series I started so many years ago and should have stayed with, but didn't. Memory is starting to work a lil, so I may just read the "previously" segment, a couple pages in and then last couple to get me to where I was.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 02:50:02 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Cable #12
Wolverine #14
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
The X-Men: The Trial of Magneto #1

Way of X #5
Marauders #23
Cable: Reloaded #1
Wolverine #15

Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Symbiote Spider-Man: Crossroads #1
Symbiotic Spider-Man: Crossroads #2
Fantastic Four #34
Immortal Hulk #49

Fantastic Four: Life Story #3
Defenders #1

ADD: Defenders #2
The Marvels #4
Moon Knight #2
Gamma Flight #3
Kang the Conqueror #1
Iron Man #11
Guardians of the Galaxy #17 - the Last Annihilation part 3
Black Cat #9
Thor #16
Spider-Man: Life Story Annual #1
Winter Guard #1
Black Widow #10
Strange Academy #12
Captain Marvel #32
Dark Ages #1

------------------------------------------------------

Got through a few more but not going to finish this round.  Will have to catch up with Marvel after Christmas.

Fantastic Four: Life Story #3 - I don’t hate this as much as Perry but I certainly understand why he does.  The “Life Story” books we’re supposed to show us what it would be like if the characters aged normally through the events as they occurred.  This doesn’t do that.  Sure it ages the characters but the tapestry of events is different. We’re in the 80’s now and Galactus hasn’t even appeared.  In the end this just turns out to be another alternative universe book that’s just ok.  I’ll likely still finish it but what an amazingly missed opportunity.

Defenders #1 & 2 - Hmmm.  I’m torn on this one.  While not great, the story seems to be slowly pulling me in.  The mystery of the Masked Raider probably more than anything.  But the art is not my cup of tea.  In fact, it pulls me out of the story too much.  I’ll hang on for another issue at least.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »

Lots of reading time last night... erm... this morning, as I passed out from too much pain and pain killers pretty early and then woke with wide awake, reading power at 2 AM
JOY!!!
 Undecided

MU Older Stuff
Avengers #17 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9(2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #10
Infinity #2

MU Newer Stuff
Amazing Fantasy #1
Amazing Fantasy #2

Thor #16
Wolverine #15
Dark Ages #1
Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land #1
Defenders #2

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
Batman: The Detective #2
Batman: The Detective #3
The Joker #3
The Joker #4

Justice League: Last Ride #1

Others
Ice Cream Man #25
Ice Cream Man #26

Black Hammer Reborn #5
Black Hammer Reborn #6

Chew #1
Chew #2

Chew #3 - Canceled
Chew #4 - Canceled
Nailbiter #1
Nailbiter #2

Nailbiter #3
Birthright #1
Birthright #2
Frontiersman #1
Frontiersman #2

Thor #16 - I actually read this a long time ago, but forgot to mark it off  Cheesy ummm, good stuff? Haha, I don't remember much, but I liked the argument and the last page has me stoked (I am one of the few that like one of the people standing there  Wink)

Ka-Zar #1 - Ugh, hate, hate, hate this coloring!! The story? Also not for me. They took my boy Kazar and made him a forced vegan (thanks to his wife) with, seemingly, the power set of Animal Man? No! Bring him back to having, seemingly, the power set of Tarzan! Like he was suppose to be  Smiley

Defenders #2 - Continuing the adventures in... let's just say the past  Smiley this issue leaves me with a question. Not about the art witch I have always been a fan of (I am actually surprised Jeff made it to the second issue as I knew this was not going to be for him  Grin), also not about the story (easy enough to follow), but what in the hll was with all of the quotation marks? I get you may want to "emphasize" a particular "word" or two, but when "every other" word seemed to be "within" quotes such as "these", it takes "away" the point of "using" them I find. I mean "find". Seriously, WTF?

Joker 3 and 4 - Good stuff. I am still a little confused as to how
the Joker used the hot wire to suture... what's his name? Sampson? Well to suture what's his names face like that without his skin closing around it,
but hey, cool torture scene!  Grin

Ice Cream Man 25 and 26 - Okay, I think I am finally over this title. It is still pretty unique and I do love how it can make you think. And by that I mean not wondering about what happened or questioning it, but more about the theme and how well it is used to tell not only the story in the pages, but about life (Yeah, it can get deep). Yeah, I may have just convinced myself to stay on now. Haha

Nailbiter 3 - Oh yeah, I remember more and more each issue. Still have to read all the way through as I don't want to miss anything, but yeah... I remember this.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 05:46:48 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS