HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:20:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 1, 2021  (Read 2344 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 01, 2021, 06:09:58 AM »

Way behind on my ComiXology stuff but I’m feeling pretty confident I can get through these since a lot of these are my favorites.

ComiXology Unlimited
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
Fire Power #16
Fire Power #17
Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #6 - Series Finale
Something is Killing the Children #20
House of Slaughter #1
Clear #2
Decorum #8
Deep Beyond #9
Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #5
Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Star Trek: The Mirror War #0
Star Trek: The Mirror War #1
Star Trek: The Mirror War #2
Tales from Harrow County: Fair Folk #4
Time Before Time #6
We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #9
Snow Angels Season 2 #6 - Jeff Lemire Series Finale!
Crossover #9
Last Flight Out #3
Primordial #2
Radiant Black #9
The Silver Coin #6
Serial #8

------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 06:18:21 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 02:11:03 PM »

I saw the list of new comics for today on Lone Star Comics' website. My wallet will be crying after work.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 02:25:18 PM »

I saw the list of new comics for today on Lone Star Comics' website. My wallet will be crying after work.

Cheesy

We gotta get Rodney more used to reading those digital offerings so his wallet will not hurt as badly  Wink
(just messing with ya, Rodney. I know you like the feeling of comics in hand my man, and I understand completely. I look at it like this, as long as its worth it to you, that is all that matters)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »

Copying over! Will fill out the Read Ones later!

Infinite
Wonder Girl 1
Batman Urband Legends 3
Flash 770
Nightwing 80
Robins 2
Batman The Detective 2

Unlimited
The Trial of Magneto 1
Way of X 5
Sinister War 3
Amazing Spider-man 72
X-force 22
Moon Knight 2
Gamma Flight 3
Kang the Conqueror 1
Iron Man 11
Spider-woman 14
Guardians of the Galaxy 17
United States of Captain America 3
Cable Reloaded 1
Wolverine 15
Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads 2
Thor 16

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 02:07:22 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
Fire Power #16
Fire Power #17
House of Slaughter #1

Clear #2
Decorum #8
Deep Beyond #9
Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Time Before Time #6
Crossover #9
Last Flight Out #3
Primordial #2
Radiant Black #9
The Silver Coin #6
Serial #8

That Texas Blood #10-11 - Really good issues.  Closing in on what happened back in the ‘70’s.  Nothing like finding sick and twisted cult members to fight.  Next issue should wrap this arc up. 

Fire Power #16-17 - Started to get a little bored with this one but the big reveals started happening and brought me back into the fold.  More big battles in these two issues leading up to what I expect is the big crescendo next issue.

Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #6 - Series Finale - it was like a train wreck you just can’t look away from.  Enough naval gazing from the comic industry.  It’s too depressing.

Something is Killing the Children #20 - Man I really love this book.  Erica Slaughter’s origin wraps up.  Now we know how she got into the House of Slaughter but there is still a lot to learn as to why she hates them all now.  Looking forward to the spin off and to more from this title.

House of Slaughter #1 - ok so this is going to be Aaron’s backstory even though it looks like it picks up where Something is Killing the Children #20 left off.  I like it. And I like these characters.  Going to be fun getting two books of this!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 02:35:15 PM »

Not as bad as I thought, but am looking into Unlimited for Marvel books. There is no way I can wait six months for my DC.

Action #1037
Amazing Spider-Man #80
Avengers #50.... or #750
Batman Annual 2021
Batman the Detective #6... this has been an awesome mini-series
Justice League Incarnate #1
Nightwing Annual 2021
X-Force Killshot #1
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 01:09:04 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
Fire Power #16
Fire Power #17
House of Slaughter #1

Clear #2
Decorum #8
Deep Beyond #9

Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Time Before Time #6
Crossover #9
Last Flight Out #3
Primordial #2
Radiant Black #9
The Silver Coin #6
Serial #8

Clear #2 - the mystery thickens! As history is explained.  What’s scary is that what happens in their WW3 could actually happen.  A little too close to home. Yikes!

Decorum #8 - With this one I really felt like they got canceled and ran everything at an overly fast pace just to get to the end of the story.  But then they announced a sequel.  So I don’t know.  What I do know is that I’m done with this.  Not really a good series at all.

Deep Beyond #9 - Betrayal!  It all comes out in this issue.  Our heroes find out the truth, or at least some of it. Good issue.

Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #5 - Well I didn’t see that coming.  Things are picking up now!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 11:26:28 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 03:37:27 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
Fire Power #16
Fire Power #17
House of Slaughter #1

Clear #2
Decorum #8
Deep Beyond #9

Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Time Before Time #6

Crossover #9
Last Flight Out #3
Primordial #2
Radiant Black #9
The Silver Coin #6
Serial #8

Mazebook #1 & 2 - This has the makings of another Jeff Lemire hit.  I got emotionally involved with this story almost immediately.  It’s about a Dad whose lost his little girl and you can feel every emotion he’s going through as you read each page.  Big thumbs up.

Star Trek: The Mirror War #0, 1, & 2 - As fun as the previous Mirror universe Picard series.  Big wars and bigger betrayals are coming to the Empire.  The whole Next Gen Mirror gang is here, including Barkley.  It’s a fun little romp so far.

Tales from Harrow County: Fair Folk #4 - Series finale? If not then it was definite end to the arc.  And with it I’m done with the series.  This was ok but not as fun as the original and I don’t really have a desire to read about the side characters.

Time Before Time #6 - Great one shot story.  Pulls on the heart strings a bit mixed with a lot of action.

We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #9 - As if this wasn’t confusing enough, the double crosses make it even more baffling!  But it does feel like we’re closer to some answers.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 03:08:40 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
Fire Power #16
Fire Power #17
House of Slaughter #1

Clear #2
Decorum #8
Deep Beyond #9

Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Time Before Time #6

Crossover #9
Last Flight Out #3
Primordial #2
Radiant Black #9
The Silver Coin #6
Serial #8

Snow Angels Season 2 #6 - Jeff Lemire Series Finale! - As is so often the case, the end to a series finds it hard to keep the momentum up.  This ended ok but I was hoping for more.  Still, it was a good story all in all and kept me cheering for the two young girls.

Crossover #9 - I was getting bored with this then they pulled me back with this issue.  A murder mystery gets me every time! Even if the victims are comic book creators.  

Last Flight Out #3 - I’m having a hard time believing they can realistically complete this mission and get back to the ship before liftoff.  I’m just not buying it.  But other than that I do like the character conflicts and the premise in general.  For that, this issue was good.

Primordial #2 - Good second issue.  We follow Laika the first dog in space.  This only makes me want to read more!

Radiant Black #9 - Pretty decent pacing on this issue.  I was starting to get bored with the routine of each day going on and on and on.  But the payoff was worth it.  Looking forward to this next arc.

The Silver Coin #6 - Nice! Very twilight zone like adventure in an arcade.  I remember these days well though nothing like this creepy story ever happened to me.  Good issue and good series.

Serial #8 - Oh man I love this book.  But it’s too short!  Killing me waiting for each issue.  This was a great one by the way.  And we are almost at the end of this search for the serial killer.  Next issue will be a doozy!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 04:46:04 AM »

Infinite
Wonder Girl 1
Batman Urband Legends 3
Flash 770
Nightwing 80
Robins 2
Batman The Detective 2

Unlimited
The Trial of Magneto 1
Way of X 5
Sinister War 3
Amazing Spider-man 72
X-force 22
Moon Knight 2
Gamma Flight 3
Kang the Conqueror 1
Iron Man 11
Spider-woman 14
Guardians of the Galaxy 17
United States of Captain America 3
Cable Reloaded 1
Wolverine 15
Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads 2
Thor 16

DONE!!!

I'll have to speak on them later...

Also....

The NEW Teen Titans 1-7; that's right baby, Marv Wolfman and George Perez! Contrary to anything Perry thinks or says, I I do like it! Grin

Don't let him try and persuade you to any other opinion!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 05:12:27 PM »

Also....

The NEW Teen Titans 1-7; that's right baby, Marv Wolfman and George Perez! Contrary to anything Perry thinks or says, I I do like it! Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »

Cheesy

Now you sound a little like NIxon. And with good reason too buddy, for as you know... I GOT THE TAPES!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(Jeez what an old ass man joke attempt)
 Cheesy Cheesy

I actually knocked out a good bit of stiff over the last few days. Even though most of what I read is stuff I added to this list below
DOH!!!
(That is why I hate and can't get through these damn lists)
 Cheesy Cheesy

Still didn't get to my DC stuff yet  Angry

Oh, and hey Rodney, you get a chance the next time you swing into your LCS, check out the DC Black Label book called Historia: The Amazons.
I don't seem to recall you being a Wonder Woman fan, or even a reader of it, but holy hell man, you have to at least see the panel work and coloring of this book! Written by Kelly Sue DeConnick (wife of Matt Fraction)who deos good here, but it is really Phil Jimenez's amazing work that blew me away. Again, it is well written, don't get me wrong (and I am not a Wonder Woman guy by and large... not that she is in here, as she isn't  Cheesy) but daaaaamn does Jimenez knock it out of the F'n park with this book. I may actually get this damn thing... IN PRINT!
 Shocked
Absolutely beautiful looking shit
(Yeah, that's how you sell it Perry. Call it shit)
 Roll Eyes

Okay, my reads so far this week...

MU Older Stuff
Avengers #17 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9(2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #10
Infinity #1
Infinity #2
Avengers #142 (1976)
Avengers #143
Fantastic Four #166 (1976)
Fantastic Four #167
Master of Kung-Fu #35 (1976)
Master of Kung-Fu #36
Master of Kung-Fu #37

MU Newer Stuff
Alien #6
Amazing Fantasy #1
Amazing Fantasy #2
Cable: Reloaded #1
Darkhawk #1
Strange Academy #12

Thor #16
Wolverine #15
Dark Ages #1

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
Batman: The Detective #2
The Joker #3
Justice League: Last Ride #1

Others
Ice Cream Man #25
Ice Cream Man #26
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5
Black Hammer Reborn #6
Mazebook #1
Mazebook #2
Primordial #1
Primordial #2
Serial #8

Serial 8 - Don't have anything to add to what Jeff already said other than mommy is as demented as her daughter, but she damn sure was prepared for that visit  Grin I am thinking about waiting to read the last two issues all at once. getting #9 and just sitting on it. Can I do that? Not sure

Primordial 1 and 2 - Yep, I for one am chosen to believe this is exactly what happened to that poor Russian pup-dog. I am to much a dog lover to be okay with the alternative  Undecided

Mazebook 1 and 2 - Look at this book, trying to pull on the heart-strings. The bastard!!  Cheesy I still think there is more going on than just the surface art, but I can't proof it. But the title man, that title. Leads me to wanting to "discover" something that may not be there.

Black Hammer: Reborn 4 - I can't believe I have gone three months without reading this. I blame that damn Black Hammer: Origins for it. It sucked the love I held for Black Hammer right out of my soul and made me forget I enjoy reading this book. The love is returning, it's coming back with this series, but it is a slow process.

Alien 6 - Okay, was told this was only a six story, that this issue ended the story arc, but ... I don't know. It "ended" but it kinda didn't. May have to read the next issue just to make sure the last page doesn't come into play next

Cable: Reloaded 1 - One-Shot. It was okay. I think I am more of a Cable fan now thanks to young Cable. I am sure long time Cable fans hate me for that  Cheesy

Darkhawk 1 - Never read this when it was out in the 90's. Won't read more. Copuld be okay, buuuut...

Strange Academy 12 -A nice wrap up and end to this arc. Still like this series and hope this isn't the end.

Infinity #1 - HEY!!! Its amazing what you can find when you read books in the correct order. Ha, I read Avengers #16 before I realized this was supposed to be read before that and boy did I feel I missed something. Because I did.

Lots of older Marvel got knocked out too. Was going to post images, but damn I have been here too long already
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 09:23:52 PM »

I follow Phil Jimenez on IG and love his work on different DC titles (Infinite Crisis, Team Titans, etc). I saw some of his preview art for Historia but my LCS was already sold out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS