HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:30:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 3064 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 25, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful for those of you who stuck around and kept the conversations going.  There’s not many of us but it’s a fun little group.

Enjoy your turkey!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 01:51:37 PM »

Enjoy you turkey?

what the...??

Ha, yes, hope you all have a great one!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:26:16 PM »

I wasn't online yesterday and just seeing this.
I hope everyone had a great day! Back to the office this morning and logged in.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »

I hope everyone had a great day then, and continues to have a great day into the weekend;

but I got my booster covid shot yesterday, and it's KICKING MY @$$ today!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 05:03:00 PM »

Sorry to hear.

I'm gonna be right behind ya (unless this new variant gets a vaccine in time) and as the wife and I had absolutely no issues with our initial two shots (other than a slightly sore arm, less sore that the flu shot) I am betting dollars to doughnuts that I will, like you, also feel like hell after the booster.
 Undecided

I remember we drank about two gallons both the day of and the day prior to getting our shots last time so hoping that the same 'over-hydration technique' will work again, as I have heard that is a major key in lessening the crap feeling. Could be we just got lucky though, you know how it goes.
 Smiley

Hope ya feel better soon.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 02:21:08 PM »

I remember we drank about two gallons both the day of and the day prior to getting our shots last time so hoping that the same 'over-hydration technique' will work again, as I have heard that is a major key in lessening the crap feeling. Could be we just got lucky though, you know how it goes.
 Smiley

I hadn't heard that. Getting my booster tomorrow and will start the water intake today. Thanks for the tip!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:43:36 PM »

I hadn't heard that. Getting my booster tomorrow and will start the water intake today. Thanks for the tip!

You bet!!

I just hope it works  Grin

Did the first round hit you bad or did you have very little after effects? Let us know if the extra water did help or did nothing this time.

*crossing fingers*
 Wink

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 04:02:40 PM »

Slight fever after the second shot but nothing too bad.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »

Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »

I had a reaction with the initial 2 shot vaccine, and I got my booster from the other (started Pfizer, then got Moderna, which is fine), so I'm curious if the over hydration worked for ya Rodney!

My full Sunday just SUCKED.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 02:46:58 PM »

I had a reaction with the initial 2 shot vaccine, and I got my booster from the other (started Pfizer, then got Moderna, which is fine), so I'm curious if the over hydration worked for ya Rodney!

Got my booster this morning. I will keep ya posted.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 12:43:01 PM »

A day later and feeling fine. No side effects other than a lot of trips to the bathroom. I would say the water trick worked!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 02:20:20 PM »

Fantastic.
Thanks for the info.

I was watching last night's Late Show (Stephen Colbert) this morning on youtube, as I always do... I can't stay up that late  Cheesy and he had Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) on and he was talking about how he had gotten the Maderna booster a couple days ago and was feeling pretty poorly. Made me wonder about you and how you were doing. Glad to hear you are good!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 10:23:13 PM »

A day later and feeling fine. No side effects other than a lot of trips to the bathroom. I would say the water trick worked!

Cool! I'm passing this 'trick' on to any that will listen! It worked for 2,3 people, so it must be true then! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »

The wife and I are all set to get our boosters on Monday.
Having to pound water on Sunday kinda screws up my day of "NFL Drinking", but I guess that will be ok for one week.
 Grin

(Man, it is almost playoff time!!!!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS