HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:27:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 24, 2021  (Read 3260 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 05:07:17 AM »

These three come out tomorrow so I’ll go ahead and read them so my DC current list can stay, well….current!

DC Universe Infinite
Teen Titans Academy #3
Detective Comics #1036
Robin #2

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 10:55:01 AM »

Adding the new digital releases for this week onto the list and look, I don't read a lot of comics in a week, usually, so man I am thankful that I don't see any new DC I have to add this week as Marvel has a good bit hitting I want to read/try. Glad I knocked out a few issues of older Thor last night (even though it was a wacky, confusing, not too grand of a story) as it may be awhile before I get back to the older stuff
 Undecided

MU Older Stuff
Avengers #17 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9(2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #10
Infinity #1
Infinity #2
Thor #243
Thor #244
Thor #245

MU Newer Stuff
Alien #6
Amazing Fantasy #1
Amazing Fantasy #2
Cable: Reloaded #1
Darkhawk #1
Strange Academy #12
Thor #16
Wolverine #15

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
Batman: The Detective #2
The Joker #3
Justice League: Last Ride #1

Others
Ice Cream Man #25
Ice Cream Man #26
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5

Thor 243-245 - Got into this (not so great, but weird  Grin) story about the "Time Twisters".  
- LOKI SHOW SPOILERS -
These are essentially the guys in the show Loki that they called the Time Keepers.
A little different story, of course, and here the Twisters, in a battle with our Asgardians, call forth an army from the past to battle Thor and his pals and end up wiping out the Earth  Grin The gang that survives the apocalypse heads to the far future (the 50th century) to discover that three of the Time Twisters, responsible for the Earths destruction, are now in stasis, on life support. But Jane talks to "He Who Remains" (sort of the care taker) and tells him what the Twisters had done (in the past, now), he feels so bad that he pulls the Twister's life support. By using the lever labeled "terminate life support systems"
 Cheesy
Somehow, doing that, taking out those responsible, in the future, for destroying the Earths population in the past (?) returned Earth back to normal? What? Wha...??
Haha, yeah, I got really tired on the last couple pages, so much so that the panels began to blur, so I missed how that worked out. The Asgardians did have another, different time traveler with them, so maybe that was it? Hahaha, no idea. I need to go back and reread that part, but again, this wasn't the best story anyway, so I am happy to leave that as a question I find the answer to at some later time.
 Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT - Okay, I couldn't stand it, the not knowing, I went back and read the last few pages to get my mind/memory in order. Essentially the time traveler that was with the Asgardians came from the 50th century and the Time Twisters and the One Who Remains were at the end of time (for this iteration of the universe... I think back then it would be Marvel's 7th? Yeah? As Galactus was the last remaining being from the 6th?). As time "runs in a circle, the Time Twisters were to stay in stasis until the end of this time and were to originally planned to been awoken after the end of "this" time and go back to solve all the problems of this last go around they slept through. However instead they screwed everyone over. They went back in time, again after being awoken after this time ends, to the 50 century and they ended almost all life on Earth. But this time, currently  Grin, the time traveler from the 50th century got the Asgardians and brought them to the end of time where Jane then told the One Who Remains what the Time Twisters actually did... would actually do... and so he, the OWR, killed the Twisters while they slept, thus ending his/their existence when this time came to an end... at the end of time. Basically stopping the Twisters from surviving at the end of this time to go back in time. Ha. Then the time traveler returns to the 50th century and the Asgardians returned to the now.
Whew.
There is, of course, a lot more to it than that in this three issue run, but I needed to get a grasp on that overall ending. Okay, it has been resolved... at least for me.
 Cheesy Cheesy
Shit, no wonder I had no idea what I read.
No more reading time related shit when I am falling asleep, I can tell ya that!!!
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:40:42 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 01:17:26 PM »

Ha ha.  That’s exactly what I was guessing happened based on your initial description. Glad to hear my time travel powers are till working!  Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 04:44:09 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Teen Titans Academy #3
Detective Comics #1036
Robin #2

------------------------------------------------------

Teen Titans Academy #3 - at least the crossover was one and done.  I’m finding I don’t care about these young characters other than finding out who Red X is.  Once that’s revealed I may be off this.

Detective Comics #1036 - the mystery continues.  I like the way the Huntress backup story bleeds into the main story. This is some good Batman stuff.

Robin #2 - Hmmm.  A little less interesting than last issue.  But not to the point of giving up yet.  Still some interesting things with the island.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »

Teen Titans Academy #3 - at least the crossover was one and done.  I’m finding I don’t care about these young characters other than finding out who Red X is.  Once that’s revealed I may be off this.

Yeah, that's why I dropped the title. This kids are more like misfits and third-tier hero wannabees. I was hoping for more of the older characters but am getting that from Titans United. I am betting this series folds within the next year.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 10:24:57 PM »

I'll do my full list from last week, and the initial  outing from Marvel this week, and I'll share this list again with Wednesday's list!

Infinite
Wonder Girl 1
Batman Urband Legends 3
Flash 770
Nightwing 80
Robins 2
Batman The Detective 2

Unlimited
The Trial of Magneto 1
Way of X 5
Sinister War 3
Amazing Spider-man 72
X-force 22
Moon Knight 2
Gamma Flight 3
Kang the Conqueror 1
Iron Man 11
Spider-woman 14
Guardians of the Galaxy 17
United States of Captain America 3
Cable Reloaded 1
Wolverine 15
Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads 2
Thor 16

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS