HR Boards
November 27, 2021, 01:50:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 24, 2021  (Read 27 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: November 23, 2021, 05:17:52 PM »

What are you reading over Thanksgiving?
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »

Took a late lunch and went to my LCS.

Amazing Spider-Man #79
Catwoman #36, 37
Chaos Breaker #8
Deathstroke Inc #3
Detective #1045
Radiant Black #10
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 12:47:31 AM »

Switching over to DC for this week.  And changing my Avatar to match the universe I’m reading each week.

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #79
Nightwing #80
Flash #769
Flash #770
Justice League #60 (for the JL Dark backup story)
Justice League #61 (for the JL Dark backup story)
Justice League: The Last Ride #1
Teen Titans Academy #2
Titans United #3
Suicide Squad #3
Crime Syndicate #3
Detective Comics #1035
Robin #1
The Joker #3
Batman: The Detective #2
Man Bat #4
Batman #108
Robins #2

---------------------------------------------——————————

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 06:09:55 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #79
Nightwing #80
Flash #769
Flash #770

Justice League #60 (for the JL Dark backup story)
Justice League #61 (for the JL Dark backup story)
Justice League: The Last Ride #1
Teen Titans Academy #2
Titans United #3
Suicide Squad #3
Crime Syndicate #3
Detective Comics #1035
Robin #1
The Joker #3
Man Bat #4
Batman #108
Robins #2

---------------------------------------------——————————

Nightwing #79 & 80 - Enjoyable so far.  Tom Taylor writes a decent Nightwing and Batgirl (Oracle).  Not sure what I think of the villain though.  Couldn’t he have come up with a better name?

Flash #769 - I see what they’re trying to do here with Bart.  While I think I like it overall, I wasn’t wild about this issue.  A little too silly for my taste.  I get why and it makes sense with the arc, I just didn’t particularly enjoy it.

Flash #770 - this issue was much better since our focus is on Jay Garrick n WW2.  Always enjoy a good Flash story in the war. 

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »

After trimming some of the fat, leaving just the next issue I need to read of any older series (instead of many issues in the series), the beat goes on....

u]MU Older Stuff[/u]
Avengers #11 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #12
New Avengers #6 (2013 - Hickman's)
Alien #4
Alien #5

MU Newer Stuff
Defenders #1
Fantastic Four: Life Story #3
Moon Knight #2

X-Men: The Trial of Magneto #1

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14

DCI Newer Stuff
The Joker #3
Justice League: Last Ride #1
Flash #769
Flash #770
Nightwing #80

Others
Ice Cream Man #25
Ice Cream Man #26
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5

Avengers #11 - Okay, yeah, this is starting to get there. Still not as concise as Hickman's "New Avengers" but close.

Alien #4-5 - One issue left in this story and as (admittedly) redundant as these stories can feel, I really like this one.

Defenders #1 - Art just blows me away. Still didn't like the "fighting to talking" transition and not totally sold on this team, but hey, its the Defenders. The very premise of this non-team is to be a mish-mash so I'm hanging on

Fantastic Four: Life Story #3 - Can't say the same for this. Okay, okay, I will probably finish it, I am a whore for this team, but I am not overly happy with it.

Moon Knight #2 - Still wish the art was better (it sadly looks like I am reading a Zenoscope comic much of the time here  Undecided) but I do love me some Moony, so yeah, enjoying this

Flash #769-770 - When I was finished with the chore of reading issue 769, I had plans to dump this title, head down to the big LCS after Thanksgiving and slap the ever lovin' shit out of some of the guys there for telling me this series was "worth reading". I went ahead and started the next issue with plans on just skimming it (I had already downloaded it, why not?), saw it was a WWII story and decided to try it. Okay Flash, after reading this and then seeing that last panel, you have me for another issue at least

Nightwing #80 - Just love this book. Both the written and artistic interactions between Barbara and Dick is perfection, as were the scenes with Dick and Tim. I do agree with Jeff about the "baddies" name  Roll Eyes no, not the best.
But I mentioned MK above, how about his gallery? I spent years having to deal with that kind of crap with older Moon Knight comics
I mean Bushman? The Profile? Black Spectre? (okay, no... I like that one  Grin). But how about this one ... the Stained Glass Scarlet?
 Shocked
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I will say that the guy in Nightwing tells ya what he is all about, at least?
 Grin
Yeah, not the best  Smiley

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »

Finally got caught up on my Bat books. Still loving Nightwing (and Babs). The comics this week featured a preview of the new Batgirls series and it looks horrible. Bad writing and even worse art.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS