HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:59:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 17, 2021  (Read 1919 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2021, 08:20:37 PM »

Let's get this week going. What are you getting and what do you have left from last week? I expect Superman: Son of Kal-el to be sold out but I have already added it to my pull.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 10:07:17 PM »

Amazing Spider-Man #78.BEY (yep, it's really called that)
Aquaman the Becoming #3
Batman #117
Blue & Gold #4
Moon Knight #5
Nightwing #86
Nubia and the Amazons #2
Robins #1
Superman: Son of Kal-el #5
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 03:34:19 AM »

My backlog list is getting too big to catch up in one week so this week I'm going to concentrate on the stuff in MU.  There's plenty here to keep me busy!

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22
Captain Marvel #30
Captain Marvel #31
Guardians of the Galaxy #16 - the Last Annihilation
S.W.O.R.D. #7 - the Last Annihilation
Beta Ray Bill #5
Eternals #6
Black Cat #8
Black Widow #9
Cable #12
Wolverine #14
Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Fantastic Four #34
Symbiote Spider-Man: Crossroads #1
Immortal Hulk #49
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
Fantastic Four: Life Story #3
Defenders #1

----------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 03:15:49 AM »

IT's been too long since I did a good post here; here's what I've been reading!!!

DCINFINITE

Power of Shazam 39-47,48 (48 was a Blackest Night tie-in issue, lol!!!) I too look forward to seeing Mary later in the year as CHAMPION OF SHAZAM as she becomes the new Captain! I love me some SHAZAM!!

Batman 108- I'm hoping to love Fear State!!

Joker 3- Great issue following Jim Gordon!!

Superman 31 - A not great story, I feel, with the writer that is going to lead Superman going forward for the next year or two, right? Not feeling impressed

Wonder Woman 772 - Still following the odd 'new rules' Wonder woman, and I'm fine with learning with everyone else about what in the hell is going on?! lol

Titans United 3 - I REALLY like the banter going on here!

Crime Syndicate 3 - I do like the new wrinkles to this Earth-3. I didn't like the fill in artist on this book, or care for it much.

Batman The Detective 3 - A very cool issue where I'm still into everything that King is putting out!! And the Kubert art as well! Love seeing Ducard here!

UNLIMITED

Miles Morales Spider-man 29 - I enjoyed this little Clone arc.

Beta Ray Bill 5 - I may have said this, but what a great but sad, but awesome arc!

X-men 2 -  Yeah, Sunfire's soliquoy in this issue was really, really weird

Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads - The last of the 'trilogy' of these books, I think, right? Whatever, I like reading them!!!

Sinister War 2 - So, yeah, I read this. That's really all there is to really say about this, I think. Forgettable, without any real merit to the larger story arc. Why? Cuz Kindred just keeps prattling arm chair psychiatrist nonsense for the last 74 issues.

Iron Man 10 - the 'new volume shine' has come off this volume a bit for me. It's a easy, quick read, so I guess there's that! It's fine, I'm curious enough about it, to be honest.

Daredevil 33 - This issue is crazy!! Loved it!

I look forward to my digital content getting caught up to Rodney's purchases to read!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 03:20:58 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 03:24:17 AM »

And these ones too! LOL

I gotta go read other people's old lists to know what I've erased from Unlimited since it won't track what I've read! GRRRR!!!

Daredevil 32
Wolverine 14
United states of Captain America (I missed the first one!) 1 & 2

Batman 107
Robin 1

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22

Captain Marvel #30
Captain Marvel #31
Beta Ray Bill #5
Eternals #6
Black Cat #8
Black Widow #9
Cable #12
Wolverine #14
Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Fantastic Four #34
Immortal Hulk #49
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
Defenders #1

Moon Knight #1 - Great start….I like it….A lot!  This should be a really fun Moon Knight series.  Good, simple explanation of his history for new readers too.

Gamma Flight #2 - Pretty decent second issue.  Interested to see where this heads and with our new villain showing up at the end it should get very explosive soon!

Marauders #22 - Interesting tale from the past which will clearly bode unwell for the future.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 02:52:08 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22

Captain Marvel #30
Captain Marvel #31

Beta Ray Bill #5
Eternals #6
Black Cat #8
Black Widow #9
Cable #12
Wolverine #14
Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Fantastic Four #34
Immortal Hulk #49
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
Defenders #1

Captain Marvel #30 - Good ending to the Magic arc.

Captain Marvel #31 - Nice to have a one shot story to break the pace of all the action last arc.  I’m not sure I’m a fan of the sludge though.

The Last Annihilation: Guardians of the Galaxy #16 & S.W.O.R.D. #7 - Doing these together as they are Part 1 & 2 of this mini.  I’m afraid it’s going to be another case of too many characters and not enough substance.  This whole thing seems to revolve around Emperor Hulkling and Wiccan & the Kree/Skrull empire even though the GotG are at the core of the villains appearance.  It’s still early in the fight so it could still wind up being a good tale.  I’ll keep the faith for now.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 05:30:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22

Captain Marvel #30
Captain Marvel #31

Beta Ray Bill #5
Eternals #6

Black Cat #8
Black Widow #9
Cable #12
Wolverine #14
Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Fantastic Four #34
Immortal Hulk #49
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
Defenders #1

Beta Ray Bill #5 - Good ending.  There was one thing left unclosed that I wanted to see but perhaps that will come up later.  All in all an enjoyable mini.  I liked this little ensemble and would love to see more of them traveling together.

Eternals #6 - I will say after seeing the Eternals movie that this comic makes so much more sense to me and is a lot more enjoyable.  It really helps to have an understanding of who everyone is and how things work in this world.  So yeah, I really liked this issue.  At some point I need to find the original Kirby stuff and really get into these characters.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 05:17:14 PM »

There are quite a few books from last week that I wasn't able to read (yet). Going to my LCS tomorrow and adding to the pile
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 12:27:31 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22

Captain Marvel #30
Captain Marvel #31

Beta Ray Bill #5
Eternals #6

Black Cat #8
Black Widow #9

Cable #12
Wolverine #14
Dare Devil #32
Dare Devil #33
Fantastic Four #34
Immortal Hulk #49
X-Men #2
X-Force #22
Defenders #1

I did finish up these before the site crashed.  I’ll be finishing up the Marvel stuff in a couple of weeks.

Black Cat #8 - Well I like the new heist.  My only problem? I don’t know who the big reveal is.  Hopefully next issue will clue me in.

Black Widow #9 - Another good issue leading up to the final battle with Apogee.  I like the Widow ream.  They are a fun read.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS