HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:45:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 27, 2021  (Read 1712 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »

Trying to finish last week's Bat books before new comics tomorrow. What are you reading these week?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 02:43:14 AM »

I officially caught up with all the Infinite titles of Batman and Detective!!! I was YEARS behind 4 months ago!!!

Batman102-106, Annual 5; Ghost-maker and Clownhunter, Tanaka as the new mayor, Bruce getting into his new 'normal' good reading still; thanks Tynion!!  Smiley

Detective 1029-1034; Aw, I finished Tomasi's work! Felt like the Hush stuff went by WAAAAY too fast!! Was he booted off for the new deal going forward? Love the strife with Damian. What a little dick still!!

Batman: The Detective 1; okay worth it for the Kubert art, and some cool moments as well. I actually love the inside narrative voice of 'I'm older and slower than them; dammit'

The Joker 1 & 2; so I know Joker War just happened but damned if I'm not interested in following through with this and enjoying this, especially with good ol' Jim Gordon!! Also, can anyone tell me when he stopped being Commissioner? I truly, and utterly, forgot how that happened!!!

Miles Morales Spider-man 29; okay this title got real boring about a year back, but I stepped in for fun to see where stuff was going with his Clone Saga. I've enjoyed the read of it, I have!

Gamma Flight 2; OooOoOOooo I like! feels like a perfect cousin to Ewing's Immortal Hulk, so glad to see it!!

Moon Knight 1; what is this, volume 8 by now? Doesn't matter, cuz I really enjoyed it, and I love seeing the other 'Fist' of Khonshu too!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy 16; okay, I can see why this was cancelled again. All I feel as of this moment looking at the new titles list is "umm...okay....I read it." That's the only synopsis I feel about it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 03:58:20 AM »

Let’s see how this goes….

Weekly Reader, October 27, 2021

ComiXology Unlimited
Black Hammer: Visions #7
Black Hammer: Visions #8
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5
Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #4
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4
Crossover #8
The Department of Truth #13
Die #20
Radiant Black #8
Seven Secrets #12
Snow Angel Season Two #5
Stillwater #10
Tales from Harrow County: Fairy Folk #3
That Texas Blood #10

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #16
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22
Captain Marvel #30

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #79
Flash #769
Justice League #60
Adventures of Superman #438 (1987) - First appearance of Vril Dox, Senior.
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
L.E.G.I.O.N. #6
L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

---------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:34:44 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 07:15:49 PM »

Took a late lunch and visited my LCS. Picked up my pull.

Aquaman the Becoming #2
Deathstroke Inc #2
Detective Comics #1044
Moon Knight #4
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 02:52:18 PM »

I'm keeping up; keeping ahead!

Although, I was cranky last night, or something, and did some more scanning of some stuff instead of paying attention, like...

Batman, Last Knight on Earth; you'd think I'd love reading this with Snyder and Capullo! But I mostly scanned what felt to be a predictable story. Oh well

Batman Urban Legends 1 & 2; I felt more connection to the Red Hood stories; although,....the Batman stance of "Jason's a killer; I must take him!" seems really incongruous, with, well, EVERYTHING that has happened in the last 8 months of comics!!! But I really just scrolled through the Poison Ivy/Harley, Oracle, and Outsiders stories. Didn't grab me as much.

Wonder Woman 770-771; I feel a bit lost, but so does Diana! So, good for that. It's a bit entertaining of a read. Also, my 770 issue only showed every other page! And then, again with my crappy Saturday night, I only parsed through the Young Diana pages.

Flash 769; okay, bouncing through time is fine. Nothing spectacular here, if only to say Bart is there, somewhere, and all is good with that!

Nightwing 79; the best! I love the art showing the movement Nightwing, and I just love his relationship with Babs. Solid, and great issue!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 04:14:29 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5

Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4
Crossover #8
Die #20
Radiant Black #8
Seven Secrets #12
Snow Angel Season Two #5
Stillwater #10
That Texas Blood #10

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22
Captain Marvel #30

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #79
Flash #769
Justice League #60
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
L.E.G.I.O.N. #6
L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

Things are getting really busy around here which isn’t leaving much free tim for comics.  I did at least get through the Black Hammers this weekend.

Black Hammer: Visions #7 - I liked this meta story of Ms Moonbeam. A forgotten minor character who dreams of more!

Black Hammer: Visions #8 - The Horseless Rider.  Not a bad little tales. An origin and an ending.

Black Hammer Reborn #4 - Whoa! I didn’t expect that ending! Great issue with more Colonel Weird craziness!

Black Hammer Reborn #5 - Now the world is literally going off the rails.  The more learn the more questions there are.  And now a super villain team? Oh yeah!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 06:08:06 PM »

Well now, its been a good lil minute since I posted my reads... only because in the last four weeks I have not read too much.
 Undecided

MU Older Stuff - Released Nov/Dec 1975 (EDIT - and 2013 and 2019  Cheesy
Symbiote Spider-Man #1 (2019)
Avengers #1 (2013 - Hickman's)
Avengers #2
Avengers #3
New Avengers #1 (2013 - Hickman's)
New Avengers #2

MoKF #34
Avengers #142
Fantastic Four #165
Marvel Team-Up #40
Master of Kung-Fu #35
Amazing Spider-Man #151
Defenders #30
Doctor Strange #11
Thor #242

MU Newer Stuff
X-Men #1
Thor #15
Thor Annual 2021
Iron Man #10
Moon Knight #1

Beta Ray Bill #5
Black Cat #8
Cable #12

DCI Older Stuff
Legion of Super Heroes #2
Legion of Super Heroes #3
Legion of Super Heroes #4
Legion of Super Heroes #5
Legion of Super Heroes #6
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #11
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #12
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #13

L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #14
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #15
L.E.G.I.O.N '90 #16

DCI Newer Stuff
Infinite Frontier #0
Infinite Frontier #1
Joker #1
Joker #2

Others
The Cimmerian: The Man Eaters of Samboula #1 (of 2)
The Cimmerian: The Man Eaters of Samboula #2 (of 2)

The Cimmerian: Beyond the Black River #1 (of 3)
Ice Cream Man #25
Serial #7
Black Hammer Reborn #3
Black Hammer Visions #8

Unbelievable Unteens #2
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5
Locke & Key/Sandman #0
Locke & Key/Sandman #1
Locke & Key/Sandman #2

Fire Power #7
Fire Power #8
Fire Power #9
Geiger #2
Geiger #3
Geiger #4
Nocterra #1
Nocterra #2
Nocterra #3

Just some quick notes on a few ...

The Joker series, as Jeff told me, is more of a Gordon series. Me likey. Thanks, Jeff

Also enjoyed the Infinite Frontier stuff quite a bit!

Legion seems slow, for the time it takes to read, but enjoying it. I need to get back to its "1k year in the future" counterpart

Thor was fun as was MK (although the art took me a bit to fully absorb. Not bad, just wasn't hitting from the get go)

Symbiote has PAD all over it. Dialog seems s little dated, sure, but still is just fun. And he writes Peter's humor correctly.

F'n Hickman's Avenger stuff is really good. Just really F'n good!!!! Don't think I read past issue 5 or so originally. I think

Locke & Key/ Sandman - If you love Locke and Key you will be okay, but being a fan of both titles will certainly be a bonus.

Thank God Black Hammer: Visions is done. Last issue was okay, character wise (story was weak AF ... like most of them)
 Angry
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:09:43 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 04:37:49 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Black Hammer Reborn #4
Black Hammer Reborn #5

Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8

Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4
Crossover #8
Die #20
Radiant Black #8
Seven Secrets #12
Snow Angel Season Two #5
Stillwater #10
That Texas Blood #10

Marvel Unlimited
Moon Knight #1
Gamma Flight #2
Marauders #22
Captain Marvel #30

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #79
Flash #769
Justice League #60
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
L.E.G.I.O.N. #6
L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

Clear #1 - a murder mystery! I like it already. The future sci-fi aspect only makes it more intriguing. Thumbs up!

Deep Beyond #8 - a great escape and all answers can now be revealed! Or will they? I’d recommend reading this collected. It would be easier to follow that way. But I do like the story a lot.

Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #4 - the art is so distracting. Not that it’s bad because it’s not. But it’s so different from Quitely’s art that I can’t recognize the characters.  Makes it even harder since they have aged so much.  Otherwise I’m enjoying the story.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS