HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:12:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 20, 2021  (Read 2134 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 20, 2021, 12:53:26 AM »

This has to be some kind of magic date: 10-20-2021
Not sure what it means but I hope it’s something good.

Oh, and Comics!

ComiXology Unlimited
Black Hammer: Visions #7
Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #4
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #33
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #34
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #35
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #36
Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #37

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #10
Thor #15
Way of X #4

DC Universe Infinite
DC Round Robin #1
Robins #1
Batman: The Detective #1
Joker #2
Sweet Tooth: The Return #6
L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 12:53:09 AM »

Batman #115
Batman/Catwoman #8
Batman Secret Files: Peacekeeper-01 #1
Masters of the Universe: Revelation #4
Nightwing #85
Nubia & the Amazons #1
Superman: Son of Kal-el #4

From last week:
Avengers #49
Justice League #68
X-Force #24
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:45:10 AM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 02:39:07 PM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #10
Thor #15
Way of X #4

DC Universe Infinite
DC Round Robin #1
Robins #1
Joker #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

Iron Man #10 - I like this little side adventure better than the main one.  This whole colony thing is pretty fascinating.  Thumbs up.

Thor #15 - I like the new arc even if the plot is more than just a little worn.  Could be a fun take.

Way of X #4 - I like the Nightcrawler/Legion dynamic going on here.  Too bad it seems to just be a prelude to the upcoming Onslaught return.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:01:10 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #10
Thor #15
Way of X #4

DC Universe Infinite
DC Round Robin #1
Robins #1
Joker #2

L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4

DC Round Robin #1 - The Robins story wasn’t bad fir an intro into the new Robins comic.  The Suicide Squad Seven though was too juvenile and not even funny.  Pass on that one.

Robins #1 - Ah, that story in the preview is the first 10 pages of this comic.  So I finished the story and I’m in.  BUT - NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Dick Grayson does NOT wear a man bun. PERIOD.  I’m not a fan of the artist but I like where the story is going.

Batman: The Detective #1 - Yes! I’m onboard.  Anything that includes Knight and Squire has me sucked in.  And it doesn’t hurt that it’s written by Tom Taylor.

Joker #2 - oh yeah.  I’m loving this comic.  Some good ole Jim Gordon greatness.  Not even the Bat can always see through him.  The hunt for the Joker is about to start and I may be feeling bad for the Joker when Gordon finds him.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 02:34:24 PM »

DC Round Robin #1 - The Robins story wasn’t bad fir an intro into the new Robins comic.  The Suicide Squad Seven though was too juvenile and not even funny.  Pass on that one.

Robins #1 - Ah, that story in the preview is the first 10 pages of this comic.  So I finished the story and I’m in.  BUT - NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Dick Grayson does NOT wear a man bun. PERIOD.  I’m not a fan of the artist but I like where the story is going.

Batman: The Detective #1 - Yes! I’m onboard.  Anything that includes Knight and Squire has me sucked in.  And it doesn’t hurt that it’s written by Tom Taylor.

Not reading Round Robin or the Robins, but LOVE Batman: The Detective. Great story!
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 12:07:50 AM »

WOW!

Planet Size X-men-this requires some really big conversation pieces! This is insanity! LOL

X-men 1- Okay, still good enough!

Cable 11- Okay, this is great, but so very...anti-climatic about
old man Cable just being reborn. Feels a bit of a let down!

Daredevil 31- I love watching this go on; and finally, some awesome moves by DD against the Warden. DAMNED cool!!!

Thor 15; I do continue to be enamored of this title, and the direction of THOR and his universe!! SO GOOD

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 08:32:57 PM »

Iron Man 10 - Just...so ...odd...but kinda worth it?

Way of X 4- More trippy X-men stuff! Too bad this is cancelled in 2 issues?

Detective 1020-1024-Ending of the Two-Face Church stuff going into Joker War. Brad Walker, for me, is a lot like Howard Porter. Some books I just love him on, some times I just go 'not Brad Walker here.' I believe I was a big fan of his Batman and Two-Face stuff!

Batman 94-95- Lets get going! Joker War it is! Wahoo!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:43:18 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »

I'm almost caught up to (Infinite) Batman titles!!!

Batman 96-105- Joker War was good. I liked it, I just did! I really enjoy the ramifications more; that Fox and Wayne will both be studied more by the gov't, meaning Batman can't be driving tanks, having flying cars, new suits and the best uber tech for everything. An interesting approach to get back to more..BatMAN things. And I like the hidden history story with Ghost-maker.  Even Clownhunter's story is something to not be dismissive of, nor ignorant of! I like the continual change in Harley as well. Getting to be that I actually DO like the character a lot! Punchline I'm getting ready to hate more and more. Grin

'Tec 1025-1030; good one off stories here, as it seems to have to follow the Batman Joker War with 2 tie-ins, a Killer Croc pacification issue, the 1000th issue since Batman's first appearance!, then setting up Mirror. While not hugely continually immersive to each other, all good reads still!

Green Lantern SEason 2 7-12; okay I didn't 'read' this. I just scanned issues. This was...entirely above me. I have no idea what was being tried, I couldn't, just couldn't get into. I ...it was such doped out, acid trip shit that I couldn't enjoy it. AT all. Just nonsensical dribble.

Superman 30; Superman and Son go into Space to see some aliens that called for help...but not everything is as it seems! Also, Clark talking as a father who can't get his son's youth, or the days of his childhood back really resonate for me, as my son is 5 now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 03:57:50 PM »

Superman 30; Superman and Son go into Space to see some aliens that called for help...but not everything is as it seems! Also, Clark talking as a father who can't get his son's youth, or the days of his childhood back really resonate for me, as my son is 5 now.

It will really resonate when he becomes a teenager.  They are so different at that point.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 03:40:54 AM »

Gonna have roll my ComiXology stuff over.  Just too busy this week.

Marvel Unlimited
Iron Man #10
Thor #15
Way of X #4

DC Universe Infinite
DC Round Robin #1
Robins #1
Joker #2

L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3

L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Clear #1
Deep Beyond #8
Primordial #1
Time Before Time #4

Sweet Tooth: The Return #6 - That was a decent ending. Once I realized this was a story on its own and not really a Sweet Tooth sequel I was able to appreciate it for what it is.  I wound up liking it.

L.E.G.I.O.N. #1-3 - I like it so far.  I’ve read Vril Dox in other things and liked him but this is the first time I’ve read his first book.  This is more like the true Legion than the junk Bendis did and it’s not the future Legion!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS