HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:22:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC announces 11 surprise new 2021 titles  (Read 2910 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 20, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »

copied from Newsarama....

DC announces 11 surprise new 2021 titles

DC gave a virtual presentation to comic book retailers at this year's annual ComicsPro event, and announced 11 new titles that it plans to publish in 2021.

The upcoming new titles include (as briefly described by DC):

Deathstroke Inc.
Harley Quinn Animated Series sequel
A Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary title
Elseworld (1/2 of the new center of the new DC Omniverse)
"DC Vampires" (described as a working title)
Robin and Batman
Joker: A Puzzle Box
The Legend of Batman
Crush and Lobo
Nubia and the Amazons
DC Middle Ages

In a follow-up announcement, the publisher said more information will be forthcoming on these projects throughout the year.

The publisher also announced their intention to participate in Free Comic Book Day 2021 on August 14, another annual event that has traditionally happened on the first Saturday in May but was scuttled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis and was scheduled this year for August for the same reason.

The publisher reports its virtual presentation to the retailer-only audience included DC publisher and chief creative officer Jim Lee, new SVP and general manager Daniel Cherry III, and editor-in-chief Marie Javins, with Lee "reaffirming DC's commitment to publishing comic books and the direct market."

DC says it referenced 2020 sales successes such as Batman: Three Jokers, DCeased: Dead Planet, Batman: The Joker War, and Dark Nights: Death Metal.

According to DC, Javins commented on the "positive reception received by new characters such as Punchline, Clownhunter, Liar Liar, and Ghost-Maker and spoke to DC's ongoing commitment to a more additive universe of characters."

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 05:36:47 AM »

3 of them DC titles? Doesn't feel that impressive....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:34:47 PM »

3 of them DC titles?

What did I miss? 3 what now?

The thing is DC didn't say if any or all of these are series or what. Could be series, could be OGN, or those teen OGN's or heck ... maybe that is what Jimmy was talking about?

Hell, I don't know what Jimmy was talking about. Does he?
 Wink Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 12:30:49 AM »

3 of them DC titles?

Hell, I don't know what Jimmy was talking about. Does he?
 Wink Grin

...nope, me neither!

*ahem*

3 of them Batman titles?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »

Cheesy

Ahhhh, Okay, yeah, I see it now  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 03:14:33 AM »

So, in revisiting this, and reading the December 2021 solicits...

...is there anything but Batman titles?

Are Perry's ruminations that DC is going more Digital, with less monthly publishing?

How far with the reaches of the failed 5G(enerations) of Didio's ruining touch continue to last?

How soon before Clark Kent is not known as Superman?!!!

It's very...weird reading those solicits. I felt like I barely recognized the company!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 01:52:53 PM »

Are Perry's ruminations that DC is going more Digital, with less monthly publishing?

How far with the reaches of the failed 5G(enerations) of Didio's ruining touch continue to last?

How soon before Clark Kent is not known as Superman?!!!

It's very...weird reading those solicits. I felt like I barely recognized the company!!!

Sadly they are quickly losing me as a reader.  They probably should have ditched Jim Lee when they let Didio go and brought in someone new altogether. Someone with vision like Queseda was with Marvel or Kirkman is with Image.  But the problem could lie higher up.  Who knows how much interference there is from suits who are only looking for the next blockbuster and don’t know how to story tell.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 09:17:20 PM »

We went from Joker War to Fear State. It would be great to NOT have a mega-crossover event and actually focus on characterization.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS