HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:21:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandman on Netflix  (Read 2711 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 25, 2021, 11:43:50 PM »

First Teaser
Oh ... oh yeah!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 08:46:55 PM »

Cool Cool Cool
To quote a certain ex-Helmsman of the Enterprise - "Ohhh my!"

I am so happy
I am so pumped for this series!!!!

Here is the trailer as well as a couple of quick scenes from the show, including a peak at Death and Lucifer Morningstar.
Both clips and trailer look amazing.
I had to break my "no trailer" rule for this. I had to.  Grin

Color me excited as hell. This is a fantastic series and this looks like it will be a perfect adaptation of it!

The Trailer -

DEATH -

LUCIFER -

Thanks you Bleeding Cool for reminding me this was hitting!!!

EDIT - And oh yeah, just to let you guys know, Hoopla does have the series!!
Also, even better (IMHO), Audible has the first few chapters up as an audible exclusive. Really good cast including:
James MacAvoy as Dream (Morpheus)
Kat Dennings as Death
Jeffery Wright as Destiny
Miriam Margoyles as Despair
and the list goes on...
Check out both audio presentations I say as they are well worth it and you don't have to deal with some weird (although under appreciated) Sam Keith art from the early run
 Grin

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 08:53:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »

Finally released! Wahoo!!! Who is watching it? Thoughts?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:01:01 PM »

ME, ME, ME... and the wife

We started this before she left to visit her mom, made it through episode 4, and her fist day there I asked if she was into it or can I go ahead and run through it and then rewatch with her when she got back home. She said I could, but I heard a little hesitation. Screw that, permission granted!!
 Cheesy

I watched episode 5 and about halfway through I started feeling like shit for not waiting... I pushed that down however and made it through the episode  Grin I am waiting for her to get home today to rewatch this before I go on to episode 6
 Cry

Good stuff. Love the changes I've seen... the changes are smart at least and look forward to more!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 06:51:12 PM »

I’ve started and got through episode 1.  Really liked it!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
The Barking Shark
HR Sidekick

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 01:01:52 PM »

PT, how are you liking it? Just watched the first 3 episodes, and so far so good!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 01:25:14 PM »

We just finished episode 8 a couple days ago (wasn't able to watch last night) and I am really enjoying it. There was one episode that... well, not sure if it was the director or lead writer or both but it was not a good episode for me. Wasn't bad story wise, but you could tell something was off. I think it was episode 7 as I do remember telling the wife that the one episode after that bad one got us back on track, but it could have even been episode 6. My old brain and all...
 Cheesy

I will say that the changes they have made bringing this over to television are super smart. They have to make changes, but they have done a real good job of getting the most of them. Not really eliminating much, but still condensing things and moving them around to make the story work better for this format.

Good stuff

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 01:30:52 PM »

And as I forgot to put my original post about this in the DC thread, where it belongs (my bad)  Lips sealed I have merged the two to the correct location
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 01:00:49 PM »

So finished this last night and... overall a big thumbs up, but I did have an issue with one episodes directing (again, either episode 6 or 7) and the ending was a little weak for me.
Knowing what is coming I wanted a little more of that
Still give it a solid 8 outta 10 Emo Dream Lords
 Smiley

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »

Finished episode 3 and loving it so far. I would love to see Netflix's interpretation of Fables.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »

For those of us that have finished the show and did not hear the news, there is at least one BONUS episode (maybe two?) of Sandman now up on Netflix.

I just heard about it/them(?) yesterday and had not the time to look, so not sure about length or amount but wanted to spread the word.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 02:59:48 PM »

For those of us that have finished the show and did not hear the news, there is at least one BONUS episode (maybe two?) of Sandman now up on Netflix.

I just heard about it/them(?) yesterday and had not the time to look, so not sure about length or amount but wanted to spread the word.

Just finished episode #8 and heard they added an 11th.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 05:40:57 PM »

Saw the 11th episode yesterday and...
I like what they did with this.

It is not something you have to see, as it is stories that are somewhat of one-shots, but a nice addition if you want more.

And no, all the stories are not...  like the first one in style (trying to avoid something there)  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS