HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:35:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘Irredeemable’ ‘Batgirl’ movie gets ‘shelved’ by Warner Bros. despite $70M price  (Read 1214 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 03, 2022, 01:00:10 AM »

OUCH!  This movie must have really sucked.  It was already being shown to test audiences.

This article tells all about it but what's most interesting is what it says about what is happening behind the scenes at DC Entertainment.  It wouldn't surprise me if they scrap all their movie plans and start over from scratch with all new casts.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/batgirl-movie-gets-shelved-by-warner-bros-source/

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 01:25:59 PM »

No matter how bad it is, you would think they would air it somewhere just to recoup some of the lost funds. And let's be honest, they have put out worse and we paid to see it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 11:31:11 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:55:26 PM »

Related?

DC's new 10 year plan?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 01:52:49 AM »

Interesting.  I'm liking the execs at Discovery so far.  They seem to be focused on quality.  That's ultimately a good thing.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 10:42:11 AM »

Even with MArvel slipping lately, and boy have they, can you image trying to go up against "The Feige"?

Whew.

Hope they can at least get better. Any good comic movie is a good thing!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »

I'm wondering if the movie came off as more Catwoman by Halle Berry, or a Joel Schumacher Batman film.

Or nonsense garbage like the Harley Quin and emanicaption liberation nonsense titled film.

I'm sure this executive will be much better than the 6 prior.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS