HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:54:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 22, 2021  (Read 3321 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 22, 2021, 01:51:41 PM »

Happy First Day of Autumn! What did you get and what are you reading this week?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »

Going to concentrate on catching up on my ComiXology reading this week.  Those are normally my favorite comics.

ComiXology Unlimited
Rorschach #12
Ascender #18
Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #3
Nocterra #6
Radiant Black #7
Tales From Harrow County: Fair Folk #2
The Department of Truth #12
Die! #19
Serial #7
Seven Secrets #11
Snow Angels Season Two #4
Something is Killing the Children #19
That Texas Blood #9
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #33
Planet Size X-Men #1
X-Corp #2
New Mutants #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #5
Infinite Frontier #1
Nightwing #78
Justice League #59 - yeah it’s Bendis but the backup story is Ram V’s Justice League Dark.
Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 04:28:34 PM »

Keeping the active list active with just a couple add-ons (in yellow).

MU

Fantastic Four #164
Thor #240
Master of Kung-Fu #33
Doctor Strange #10
Fantastic Four #33 (2021)

DCI

Legion '89 #7
Legends of the Dark Knight #1 (2021)
Legion '89 #8
Legion of Super Heroes #1
Legends of the Dark Knight #2
Legion '89 #9
Legion of Super Heroes #2
Legends of the Dark Knight #3
Legion '89 #10
Legion of Super Heroes #3
Legends of the Dark Knight #4
Batman: World
Batman: Urban Legends #1
Nightwing #78  Hopefully soon?
Infinite Frontier #0
Infinite Frontier #1

DC
Nightwing #84 - going to try, now that this title is on DCI (if #78 ever loads  Angry), to make this issue my last purchase

Others

Fire Power #7
Fire Power #8
Fire Power #9
Geiger #2
Geiger #3
Geiger #4
Nocterra #1
Nocterra #2
Nocterra #3
The Me You Love in the Dark #1
BabyTeeth #?? ... No idea. Now that the last issue (#20) dropped today, I'm going to go back and see what few issues I have of this Donny Cates title from Aftershock, reread what I have to see if I want to fill in what I am missing and maybe add the missing issues of this title. Or not touch this at all
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »

Aquaman: the Becoming #1
Batman #113
Death of Dr. Strange #1
Gamma Flight #4
Justice League #66, 67
Nightwing #84
Radiant Black #8
X-Men: the Onslaught Revelation #1
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 09:38:34 PM »

Justice League #59 - yeah it’s Bendis but the backup story is Ram V’s Justice League Dark.

So, okay, I read the latest two issues (that are available on DCI) of his Catwoman and as I dug them and am now really looking forward to the next issue of that title, you then pulled me in with this statement about his JL Dark and I figured why not, so I added it. I only had time to read the first page so far and had to get the monther-in-law, but I figured I would get back to it tonight.

Okay, sweet, yeah?

Well I just found out (a mere 2 minutes ago) that Ram V is leaving both Catwoman and JL Dark in or after December
 Angry Shocked Roll Eyes Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 09:53:25 PM »

Not sure if anyone here reads it, but today was the last issue of Guardians of the Galaxy (again).

Catwoman #35 was sold out already at noon. WTF?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 12:29:44 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Rorschach #12
Ascender #18
Nocterra #6
Radiant Black #7
Die! #19
Serial #7
Seven Secrets #11
That Texas Blood #9
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #33
Planet Size X-Men #1
X-Corp #2
New Mutants #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #1
Nightwing #78
Justice League #59

Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #5 - not bad.  This issue focuses on Bones and possibly a hidden past.

Infinite Frontier #1 - Love love love it! Love almost all of these characters, heroes and villains alike. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

Nightwing #78 - mine downloaded!  Nice first issue for this new direction and new creative team.  By the way, ALWAYS trust a man with a dog.

Justice League #59 - yeah it’s Bendis but the backup story is Ram V’s Justice League Dark. First story wasn’t bad.  Bendis kicks off his arc pretty decently.  Ram V’s JL Dark is still so much better. I’m sucked into this story start right away.  I’ll be picking this up for as long as he’s on JLD.  Bummer he’s leaving DC!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:56:37 AM »

Well I just found out (a mere 2 minutes ago) that Ram V is leaving both Catwoman and JL Dark in or after December
 Angry Shocked Roll Eyes Undecided

Well that sucks.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 12:58:00 AM »

Not sure if anyone here reads it, but today was the last issue of Guardians of the Galaxy (again).

Jimmy and I were both wondering why there was no solicit for it in December’s previews.   Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »

Trying this again ...
 Grin

Jimmy and I were both wondering why there was no solicit for it in December’s previews.   Angry

But you guys didn't notice it wasn't in the November or even October Previews?
Hee-Hee, just bustin' balls as I sure as hell didn't notice either and I, at the very least, glance at all the previews that I can so yeah, I really, really missed it
 Grin

And glad Nightwing was available for you, Jeff. As I showed you and Jimbo in the Polo, I get nothing but black screen.
Contacted Support, twice, so maybe this will be resolved at some point. Luckily I have it already, but still ...
 Angry
And yes, I agree about the dog (and I love what they did for this dog. Making him ... special  Smiley)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 09:55:27 PM »

I did see that!!! OH well...we'll see it again 4 years....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 09:00:55 PM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Rorschach #12
Ascender #18
Nocterra #6
Radiant Black #7
Die! #19
Serial #7
Seven Secrets #11
That Texas Blood #9
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #33
Planet Size X-Men #1
X-Corp #2
New Mutants #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #1
Nightwing #78
Justice League #59

Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

Fantastic Four #33 - That was actually pretty funny.  When will they learn? Never trust Doctor Doom.

Planet Size X-Men #1 - Hmmm interesting.  That was kind of cool by the end.

X-Corp #2 - Kind of interesting this time.  Not enough to woo me over every month but this story was ok.

New Mutants #19 - another side story and the part with Gabby made me wonder what happens next but not enough to start picking this back up.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 03:21:23 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Rorschach #12
Ascender #18
Nocterra #6
Radiant Black #7

Die! #19
Serial #7
Seven Secrets #11
That Texas Blood #9
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #33
Planet Size X-Men #1
X-Corp #2
New Mutants #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #1
Nightwing #78
Justice League #59

Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

Rorschach #12 - didn’t expect that ending. But like the rest of the series, very good.

Ascender #18 - another series ending. I liked it overall. Nice how it brought both Descenders and Ascender together to wrap everything up.

Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #3 - it’s hard to get used to reading this without Frank Quitely’s art.  But the story moves along and the characterization is good.  Hutch’s life has taken a bad turn but he’s still the most interesting character in this story.

Nocterra #6 - I haven’t seen any solicits for any more issues.  Was this the end?  It wrapped the arc up nicely but seems there’s still a lot of story to tell.

Radiant Black #7 - another good action packed issue.  Looks like we’re getting close to the end of this arc.  I like all the different powers each Radiant has.  Looking forward to some answers next issue!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 04:09:50 PM »

So not sure what happened but looks like DCI updated or something as I no longer have Legends of the Dark Knight (current) in my downloads. I don't remember getting rid of the issues, but ... maybe? I don't know. Very odd
 Undecided
Regardless, not adding it back on as of yet anyway
 Grin
Maybe I decided to drop it a few days ago and just forgot? Who the hell knows?

MU

Fantastic Four #164
Thor #240
Master of Kung-Fu #33
Doctor Strange #10
Fantastic Four #33 (2021)

DCI

Legion '89 #7
Legion '89 #8
Legion of Super Heroes #1
Legion '89 #9
Legion of Super Heroes #2
Legion '89 #10
Legion of Super Heroes #3
Batman: World
Batman: Urban Legends #1
Infinite Frontier #0
Infinite Frontier #1
Added-
Justice League #59

Others

Fire Power #7
Fire Power #8
Fire Power #9
Geiger #2
Geiger #3
Geiger #4
Nocterra #1
Nocterra #2
Nocterra #3
The Me You Love in the Dark #1
BabyTeeth #??

Justice League #59 - Did not read the complete issue, no desire to, but I damn sure read the Ram V Justice League Dark stuff and I enjoyed it. How's about that blast from the past wizard, huh?

Legion '89 #7 - This was both somewhat disappointing and very odd. First off, the disappointing part is that I am starting to lose my interest in this arc, I know it will get back to good, but I just want them off this planet! Now, for the weird part,
Lobo, thanks to him being a Czarnian, has this 'power/ability' to produce clones from his blood. And by that, in this issue at least, he gets cut, he bleeds and from the drops of his blood more Lobo's are made?
WTF?? I am assuming this was retconned out? I hope? Crazy shit right there. But yeh, hoping to get off this planet or start a new adventure in the next issue or two.

Fantastic Four #33 (2021) - Jeff has me reading this again and it has a nice (and expected) ... twist? Is it a twist when you knew it had to happen?  Smiley

Thor #240 (1975) - Thor returns to Asgard, finds the place is getting all kinds of screwed up with Odin missing, and heads back to Midgard to find him. He does, but during a battle between Thor and Horus, the remaining Egyptian Gods (Osiris and Isis) have taking over and transformed Odin (who had recently forgetten who he truly is and was going by the name Orrin) from the Norse All-Father that he is, into the Egyptian All-Father; Atum-Re, who now readies to face off against his Thor

Master of Kung-Fu #33 (1975) - Just recently aligning himself with Sir Denis Nayland Smith, Clive Reston and of course Black-Jack Tarr; all whom are part of Britain's own MI-6, Shang defends the team from the villain Mordillo (Boy do I remember loving the issues with him in them a bit down the road Grin) and now the team must solve the riddles before them left by Mordillo. Oh yeah, and this is where Shang first meets the lovely Lieko Wu ... another ally in fight on evil. But this girl is also the ex of one of the members of the team! Duh-Duh-Dummmm

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:12:12 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 04:19:24 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Rorschach #12
Ascender #18
Nocterra #6
Radiant Black #7

Die! #19
Serial #7
Seven Secrets #11

That Texas Blood #9
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #33
Planet Size X-Men #1
X-Corp #2
New Mutants #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #1
Nightwing #78
Justice League #59

Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

Tales From Harrow County: Fair Folk #2 - Enjoying this mini from Harrow County.  Bernice has to undo some of the protections she and Emmy had put in place and the ramifications are bad, real bad.

The Department of Truth #12 - Ah ha! A traitor in our midst!  I think some things are about to blow up.

Die! #19 - So this whole journey has been so one character can come to grips with his gender fluidity?  I hope it’s more than just that.  I can sympathize with the characters struggle and appreciate the quality storytelling of that struggle. I’m just hoping that’s not all that this book was about.  One more issue, I think.

Serial #7 - the plot thickens as our heroine closes in on the killer! But will she catch her in time? She was close this issue and what a powerful issue this was with the Mom’s freak out.

Seven Secrets #11 - the traitor revealed!  I have a feeling I should know this face but I can’t remember it.  Old man brain.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 04:22:22 AM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS