HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:43:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacemaker  (Read 1244 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 16, 2022, 10:54:59 AM »

Sooo...

Watched the first three episodes of this yesterday and at first, I didn't know what to think about it.  Grin This took me a little bit of time to get into and it is, honestly, almost too juvenile in its approach. Sure you can see the Suicide connection and it is by the same writer/director (at least these first three are) but it is also so much of Peacemaker that I feared I wasn't going to make it through. Not at all sure why, I consider myself a "low brow humor" guy at times (though not always... but I can jam on South Park for example Cheesy) but this was just non-stop "F this" and dick joke here and a dick joke there so it seemed incoherent early on. While I enjoyed the Peacemaker character in Suicide Squad, I also was shocked when I heard he was the one getting his own show  Cheesy He is just so damn.... stupid  Cheesy Cheesy I found it hard to get into the show at first because it was so much something a teenage boy would enjoy and giggle at that I was yeah, worried it wouldn't be for me.

But soon I got more into it and my younger self started to truly laugh at this idiot and all the characters around him. This became pretty damn funny as the show became more fleshed and the plot was more on point. And of course the music didn't hurt. 80's hair bands!! Once again Gunn does Gunn and writes a script with music in mind. Ha. Yeah, I am hooked on this very much "made for the 14 year old in us all" show and look forward to next weeks episode.

So if you think you would like to watch a show that is similar to combining The Boys with Dumb and Dumber (or My, Myself and Irene), but with even more boorish writing, give this more than the first 20 minutes and it may surprise you. Or not
 Cheesy

I could be totally wrong, but I don't foresee this having more than one season. Although having said that, there may not be plans for any additional seasons so for that every stiff shirt adult may be all well and happy
 Grin
(but then again, maybe all of us 'kids' that used to laugh at someone getting dick punched will be rewarded and this will return next year!)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 03:14:36 PM »

Despite Cena's butt shot, I couldn't stomach the first episode and stopped halfway through it. And they didn't do Vigilante any justice. Ugh. Thanks for nothing, DC.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 03:25:47 PM »

Despite Cena's butt shot, I couldn't stomach the first episode and stopped halfway through it. And they didn't do Vigilante any justice. Ugh. Thanks for nothing, DC.

Cheesy
Love this version of Vigilante. DC was never going to use him in any other way, so why not.

Again, it did take me awhile to get into it, even with Cena's ass  Tongue  Cheesy, but I am for certain finishing it... at some point at least.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS