HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:32:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swamp Thing by Jeff Lemire  (Read 4038 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 15, 2021, 02:14:51 PM »

Hmmmmm.  Will I like this?

Writer Jeff Lemire and artist Doug Mahnke tells a "gruesome, gory and chilling" DC horror tale the prestige plus format three-part Black Label series Swamp Thing Green Hell that features the return of Alec Holland in a future Earth that's mostly under floodwaters, which unfortunately seems taken straight from the headlines.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »

Good question.

I hope you do, I certainly hope I do, but I think I am over (or at least very F'n close to be over) the "scenes from a swamp" type stories.

But hey, its Lemire. The chances are good we will be happy
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 02:31:59 AM »

Funny.  I am in the same boat - kind of tired of the Swamp Thing stories.  But man, it's Lemire.  He's not always 100% but this seems right up his alley.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS