HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:56:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hawkeye on Disney+  (Read 4122 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 13, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »

The first trailer dropped and ... WOW!!!

So much Fraction and Aja in here that I think this is ... this may just be ... the best Marvel show yet!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:33:02 PM »

Looks great!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:26:44 PM »

YES!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »

Episode 1

Ugh.

Not overly good or bad. Just there.

Sure, they throw in all the little tidbits that made the Fraction/Aja comic so fun, so that stuff is in there, but man the fun isn't. There is nothing super bad, at least not ones that hit you hard, or immediate and nothing too drastic, but for me and the style of filming I enjoy, I think it is going to be a long season. Or a very short one maybe, if the second episode is anything like this first one.

Again, hey, there is nothing too dreadful here... it will have its fans and I am sure this will be a good show for lots of folks (like Jeff and "the kid" for example. This has the making of a great shot to watch together and I hope they dig the hell out of it!!), but it is just very close to being in that "boring" and/or "CW" style without actually getting to either.  Cheesy
I think I may have turned too boorish in my old age for these shows.

But little things can get stuck in my head and I won't let them go. Like a fight scene, where they have "Kate" make all of those damn sounds when she is fighting, it irks my ears almost the entire "fight" to which turns me off not just the entire scene, but a few minutes afterwards. It FORCES me to roll my eyes and it is all I can think of even halfway in the next scene. But the noises  Cheesy ... it is akin to... to use a semi-recently discussed general sports topic... it is like listening to a Sharapova/Monica Seles tennis match  Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, I am worried about this show, but I am also hoping it gets better for me. I do think there is enjoyable stuff here, but most of it is hidden. I hope they bring more of it out as the show progresses. I am scared that Marvel live action television shows are going to go with an "every other one" routine... if this first episode is any indication.

- An interesting approach - WandaVision
- A boring ass cookie cutter approach - Falcon Winter Soldier
- An interesting approach - Loki
- A boring ass cookie cutter approach - Hawkeye

Of course if that reoccurrence of style does hold true then I should be pretty damn sad about Moon Knight coming out after Ms. Marvel.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 01:54:59 AM »

- An interesting approach - WandaVision
- A boring ass cookie cutter approach - Falcon Winter Soldier
- An interesting approach - Loki
- A boring ass cookie cutter approach - Hawkeye

You forgot What If?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

You forgot What If?

NUH-UH   Wink

... I am scared that Marvel live action television shows are going to go with an "every other one" routine...

Tongue

Grin

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:23:55 PM »

Fell asleep during the first episode. Kate as a young child was annoying AF. I will try again tonight.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »

Kate as a young child was annoying AF. 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 11:19:18 PM »

You forgot What If?

NUH-UH  Wink

... I am scared that Marvel live action television shows are going to go with an "every other one" routine...

Tongue

Grin

Ah ha!  Okay - now I'm up to speed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:01:12 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 03:50:52 AM »

With less vitriol than Perry, I too have watched the first episode and thought "it was fine. good enough."

Want to know what took me out of the first ep, that I TOTALLY knew was going to happen?

the same thing that happened in the Black Widow movie.

that's having regular norms fighting like Superman.

the fight in the streets with the Tracksuit mafia would simply kill the 22 something year old girl. There's a reason that boxers have weight classes; so that the big guys don't kill the lighter weight fighters. Black Widow's fights were such nonsense; falling off buildings, getting up ready to fight and run like nuts. I don't like it, and it takes me out of a movie.

Widow's initial fights in Iron Man 2 were against single guards, using weapons and tasers and ropes in take down movies; not standing face to face and beating the physical crap out of someone in front of them.

This is my hill that I die on. It's something that ruins some movies for me, and it...bugs the crap out of me here.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 12:53:58 PM »

Yep, oh how I understand that sentiment, Jimmy.

And again, I think we both feel the same about the show. That it is "Fine".

That is the main problem for me  Undecided

(That what happens in the next episode)
 Wink

I liked the 2nd episode a little better. Not enough to keep going though. I mean I don't have young ones running around, I don't do Disney much at all, so I think, maybe, after my sub to Disney+ runs out this month, I will not be renewing it. We will see. Maybe another episode in I will change my mind. I did so love the Hawkeye comic and the few issues I have seen Kate and Clint in were pretty well done. They have a good chemistry, so maybe that will pull me in.

Luckily this show is not the only reason I signed back up for Disney+ or I would be a little let down. Thank goodness for the Peter Jackson's Beatles doc "Get Back".
I have only watched the first episode of that, and even though the first half of that said first episode was a little rough to sit through, it soon started to get to the meat and potatoes of the Beatles drama. And it seems what I, and others, have suspected for years may just be true. The Beatles died when Brian Epstein did. Not even the fifth Beatle (George Martin) could save them.
Damn that still bothers me. The whole what could have been. Okay, sorry for the thread hijack
 Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 01:57:13 PM »

Well then, okay, maybe this will be okay?

Watched episode #3 yesterday and... yeah, I liked it, a good bit too.

Fans of comics will already know who the "Uncle" is and of course we know who episode three's "bad/not so bad" gal is as well, but still, I liked it.

Odd

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »

I admit I cheated and used wiki to look up Jack Duquesne.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »

I admit I cheated and used wiki to look up Jack Duquesne.

Grin
Right on!

Am an old ass so I knew as soon as I saw that 'stache
 Cheesy Cheesy

Still interested to see what "version" of that character they use here. We also
know about her mom in the comic, but is that going to be different here?
seems like they are setting it up, or at least I am seeing it that way.

I will say that while episode 4 had more problems, again, like how she
suddenly forgets how much she hates/distrusts this man her mom is with that she starts smiling while they dance because he is making her mom happy? WTF? NO!
the show is still better than what the first two episode showed me.

Happy for that.

I damn sure didn't see that roof scene reveal coming!
 Shocked Shocked

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 03:18:25 AM »

i just finished ep4 and as someone who has not read the Fraction books (or any Marvel output since Civil War), I am really enjoying this series.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS