HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:37:10 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stupid Johns!! re Mr Oz  (Read 1740 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 09, 2021, 10:16:45 PM »

Was this ever dumb. I'm reminded of this stupid sad sack maneuver in comics.

Jor-El, being an antagonist, as Mr. Oz. This was just dumb. Dumb dumb dumb dumb DUMB. Nothing good came of it, the reveal was obnoxiousness in its purest form, it ruined a cornerstone of Superman's lore -

(Imagine if Spidey really went back in time to find out how much of a bigot Uncle Ben was? OH, he'd still say all the loving, true to life things that Peter would take to heart-but that's because Ben only mean that white people should feel and have that way. Just imagine that!)

Doing my loooong reread of Detective Comcis, I forgot Tim Drake was taken by Mr. Oz for....reasons. Ugh. Those storylines just drove me crazy. At least during that time we still would get Jurgens, and then Gleason and....crap! on Superman comics with young Jon...

...dammit, that's all screwed over too.

Man, is Superman junk these days.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »

Man, is Superman junk these days.

Always
 Tongue

Grin
Just messing with ya!!

But, yeah ...
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:30:44 PM »

Yeah I thought they were doing a good job with the Mr Oz story when it started here.  Of course, I was expecting him to be someone from the Watchmen and for it to tie into the Button story from the Flash/Batman crossover.  When it turned into a Superman story and the villain was really Jor-El I absolutely hated it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 12:02:54 AM »

yep, yep

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS