HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:42:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Unlimited Relaunches With Digital-Exclusive Infinity Comics  (Read 3213 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 09, 2021, 03:47:03 PM »

The relaunch of the Marvel Unlimited app features a new line of exclusive Infinity Comics starring the X-Men, Captain America, Black Widow and more.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-unlimited-relaunch-infinity-comics/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 07:36:59 PM »

"Leading the way are X-Men Unlimited, Giant-Size Little Marvels, Captain America, It's Jeff, Black Widow, Amazing Fantasy, Deadpool, Shang-Chi and Venom/Carnage."

I think I see one comic here that I absolutely HAVE to get!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 09:06:50 PM »

"Leading the way are X-Men Unlimited, Giant-Size Little Marvels, Captain America, It's Jeff, Black Widow, Amazing Fantasy, Deadpool, Shang-Chi and Venom/Carnage."

I think I see one comic here that I absolutely HAVE to get!

LOL.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »

I have already contacted Marvel Support on a couple issues and they did respond s I am hopeful I will get a "fix" and a "return" in the near future for two things I want to see in the update.

1 - I still hate that you can not just search for a single issue in the search bar. You have never been able to (which is absolutely stupid) but was hoping this new update would have it. This is the one they said they would fix. There is no reason why, if I want to read ... say ... Fantastic Four #8, that I shouldn't be able to put that precise issue number into the search bar and have that issue be in my results. I don't care (and it with all the reboots nowadays it would be a good idea actually) if they listed each and every volume of the Fantastic Four #8 because I (being a new comer to comics  Smiley) may not know they have a lot of different FF #8's, but I should still be ablt to search for a single issue if I want to read that damn issue.

They way it is now, you type in Thor #186 and the first results you get are: usually a link to Volume 1 of the Thor series (not just the issue, but the entire series, leaving you to scroll through all of the issues until you get to the issue you want), or something they are pushing that has Thor in it (like Marvel Two-in-One #23 ... okay, bad example  Cheesy), or you get something from creators that may have written or drawn Thor. It is frustrating. Just give me the damn thing I typed in the search string. Google does, you can too.

2 - I loved being able to search by year in the old app. There is still a way to do it now, but it isn't as good as the one prior and it sucks trying to navigate to it and once you start to use it. Way too much hitting the back button. Which seems to be an ongoing thing as well.
I used to bring up an issue and they would have buttons to allow me to go straight to the next issue, or back to the one prior, and this was helpful, when I only wanted a couple of issues, to quickly adding things to my Library or to go ahead and Download. They no longer have
*Last I checked.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 01:20:25 AM »

I submitted a ticket regarding the search feature as well.  I almost exclusively search by release date for daily reading and the occasional "this week in comic history". (what was released on my wedding when I was a sr in high school).

Perry, you'll need to tell me how you search by yr.

I also noticed books that were marked as "read" are now unread and I can no longer sort by read/unread.

luckily I did not update my iPad, just my phone.

hopefully they can enhance the search features at east
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 11:03:14 AM »

Perry, you'll need to tell me how you search by yr.

Well, I wish I could. Looks like I was under my library when I did it and it isn't really a "Search" as much as a "sort".

I went there this morning to review how I did it, to post here but ... wouldn't ya know it, I could not find the ability to save my butt. I then, finally, after about 15 minutes  Cheesy, realized that I must have been in either my Downloads or my Library (in general) where you can "sort" by date range.

However, I do now see (about 30 minutes from that point above) that search function is now totally down. I am (hopeful?) thinking that they are working on bringing back that parameter search function in the search as there have been many complaints about it. And hell, if not I am REALLY, REALLY hoping they put that search by issue in
 Smiley

That said, until then and if you didn't know (which I am sure you may) you can at least sort the books you have saved to your library (and/or downloaded) by year range. That is what I had to do with my Thor, FF, MoKF, Defenders, etc ...
I just saved those titles (the full v1 series of them) to my library and then click "Sort" and put the date range of 1975-1976 in to at least give me the books I wanted to download RE-Download
 Cry
But now that there is no limit to the DLs you can have, I can now add a bunch at one time that way. Still would be easier if they still had the damn "next issue" button up though. I would rip through DLing them that way
 Undecided

But yeah, I think they are working on stuff ... I think
 Smiley

EDIT - Okay, maybe they are not working on it. I went close out of the MU app and noticed I still had my wi-fi tab off (I keep it off when I am not actively on my tablet). THAT is probably why it said that "Search is not currently availible"
 Roll Eyes

Did you know that the alternative spelling for IDIOT is -

P.E.R.R.Y

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 11:09:08 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »

P.E.R.R.Y

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I did know that!

Ha ha ha - just kidding of course.  You gave me such a softball I couldn’t resist.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »

P.E.R.R.Y

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I did know that!

Well I know you and Jimmy are MORE than aware, but ...
 Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 12:44:58 AM »

it what we used to call an ID10T error Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »

it what we used to call an ID10T error Smiley

Grin Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 02:25:48 AM »

I got the forced upgrade today on both of my devices.  My four downloads were gone so I had to re-download them.  Then I also had a bunch of stuff in my library I had removed awhile ago.  Had to go and delete them one by one.  I haven’t had a chance to read anything yet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »

I am not talking about this damn app today.
No

Not letting myself be in a bad mood!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS