HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:38:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 8, 2021  (Read 3668 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2021, 02:13:50 AM »

Going to go ahead and start this.  I have enough queued up to get me going!  I will likely add a few more when they drop on ComiXology tomorrow.  Edit: Added Deep Beyond.

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #7
Seven to Eternity #10 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #11 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #12 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #13 (REREAD)
Stray Bullets Vol 2: Sunshine & Roses (Collects issues #9-16)

Marvel Unlimited
The Marvels #2
The Guardians of the Galaxy #13
The Guardians of the Galaxy #14
Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon #6
Black Cat #7
Hellions #12 Hellfire Gala
X-Force #20 Hellfire Gala
Marauders #21 Hellfire Gala
Immortal Hulk #47

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #4
Infinite Frontier #0
Crime Syndicate #1
Suicide Squad #1
Swamp Thing #1
Batman #106
Man Bat #2
Invasion! #1
Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

---------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:32:43 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »

Batman #112
Batman/Catwoman #7
Blue & Gold #2
Infinite Frontier #6....WOW! Great wrap up to this mini-series!
Masters of the Universe Revelation #3
Suicide Squad Annual #1

I was tempted to get the new Black Manta mini, but didn't want to add to my reading list. With the kids and their school activities, I am barely keeping up with my pull.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »

I just read Infinite Frontier #0!! Now ya got me excited for the end, Rodney!! Cheesy

I read:

Infinite
Detective Comics  953-966: Okay, this is in the way way back machine to 4 years ago. I just reached the point to discover that Tim Drake is still alive!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy It's shaping up to be better. Although, I still need to,..wait, I'll bring that up in a Superman thread (re: Mr. Oz)

Power of Shazam 7-14: Fun to watch this come together 'back in the day' of the 80s. I feel dumb for forgetting that Freddy Freeman shouts "Captain Marvel!" to be come Marvel Jr. Cheesy

I do want to read Shattered Generations, more Detective Comics, and the current Iron Fist comic up to issue 6!!!

Unlimited
Amazing Spider-man 67   Wow! Referencing the robot clone things of Peter's parents! I hope his sister is one too!!!

X-force 20 - That ol'Beast is something else. This Gala thing is weird.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 02:59:37 AM »

Detective 967-976

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 05:20:15 PM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #7

Marvel Unlimited
The Marvels #2
Black Cat #7
Immortal Hulk #47

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #0
Crime Syndicate #1
Suicide Squad #1
Swamp Thing #1
Batman #106
Man Bat #2
Invasion! #1
Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

Deep Beyond #7 - I’m so confused!  But I love it.  Good twists in this issue even if I’m having trouble keeping up with so many agendas.  I may find myself doing a complete reread once this finishes.

Seven to Eternity #10-13 (REREAD) - Caught up with my reread.  Glad I did because I had forgotten a lot of the details.  The battle in the city in the sky was another incredible read in this series.  And the art is still amazing.  Looking forward to reading the final arc for the first time.

Stray Bullets Vol 2: Sunshine & Roses (Collects issues #9-16) - The back story comes to a close. This one tells us how Beth, Orson, and Nina managed to steal the money and cocaine and it did not go as easy as one may have thought.  Also some big reveals around Joey and Rose.  The book just isn’t getting old for me. 

The Marvels #2 - Can’t remember what’s going on here but the Tinkerer’s nephew seems to be interesting.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 05:23:41 PM »

Man Jimmy your cruising through those Detective comics!  Those were good issues too. They should have left the Dr Oz stuff here and not turned it into a Superman story that made no sense.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 11:44:29 PM »

Man Jimmy your cruising through those Detective comics!  Those were good issues too. They should have left the Dr Oz stuff here and not turned it into a Superman story that made no sense.

And I'm actually reading too; not just scanning them! I'm really reading!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #7

Marvel Unlimited
The Marvels #2
Black Cat #7
Immortal Hulk #47

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier #0
Crime Syndicate #1
Suicide Squad #1
Swamp Thing #1
Batman #106
Man Bat #2
Invasion! #1
Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

The Guardians of the Galaxy #13-14 - I like this GotG team.  The team A & team B are good aspects as well.  And we are starting off with big cosmic stuff right off the bat.  Thumbs up for these two issues!

Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon #6 - glad that’s finally done.  I guess Marvel is ditching Iron Fist for Shang-Chi now?

Black Cat #7 - hmmm.  Disappointed in this ending.  I don’t think the demon would be tricked so easily nor that the Fox would let the deception stand.

Marauders #21 Hellfire Gala - Oh wow.  The whole gala in one issue? I guess the rest are after parties or side stories.  I did like the reprint in the second half of this comic of an old Hellfire gala by Chris Claremont.  A how Shaw took over the Hellfire club story. This was a good issue all in all.

X-Force #20 Hellfire Gala - behind the scenes with gala security and a story that will continue in Wolverine.  My favorite part is the party crasher that Logan has to deal with.  Lol.

Hellions #12 Hellfire Gala - Skippable.  Just a side story at the party where the Hellions crash because they weren’t invited.  Entertaining if your following this title I imagine.  I’m not following it so it didn’t do much for me.

Immortal Hulk #47 - Ah I like that She-Hulk gets some spotlight here.  Good wrap up to the fight with the Avengers and it looks like all the major players are together. Only three more issues.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 09:03:11 PM »

Jeff:

LOL yeah, ditching Iron Fist for Shang Chi seems appropriate, with the 2 mini series of Shang Chi here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 09:10:48 PM »

Annnnnnd.....

Detective Comics 977-991: I Love Tim Drake! I don't care for the fill in issues quite as much, although I did like the James Robinson fill in stuff with Two Face. that's been pretty good! Only a little bit more before Tomasi takes over, then I get caught up to the point where Tynion takes over 'Batman' and I can get them both caught up to Infinite release schedule!

Also, I thought Tynion did a helluva wrap up to his saga, with the Colony, the Knights in Tim's Belfry, Clayface, Azrael, Batwing, Batwoman, Batgirl, Cassandra, all that!  I was going to say I was going to miss Tynion's voice...but it won't be for long!

Wherein DC seems to take a dump on it's properties. I * miss * Superman. Jon isn't the same, and everyone knowing about Clark and Superman still ruins things for me. At least Grant Morrison is writing him with the Authority! That'll bring me in!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 09:12:51 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 02:46:42 PM »

Black Cat #7 - hmmm.  Disappointed in this ending.  I don’t think the demon would be tricked so easily nor that the Fox would let the deception stand.

Did he though?

EDIT - Sorry, I misread this the first time.
Thinking you said "nor [the Demon] would let the deception stand - IE: without making Fox pay for deceiving him.
I still disagree about Fox though. Dude was dying and he has been shown to only care about 3 things -
Money
Himself
Felicia
Makes sense to me he would do this, sacrifice any and everyone. A great heartbreak issue, for me
 Cry

Invasion! #1
Invasion! #2
Invasion! #3

Good place to start before reading ...

L.E.G.I.O.N. #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #3
L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5

Speaking of ... I need to get back to that
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:23:43 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

Got a few items off eBay.

Brave & Bold (2007) #10
Hawk and Dove (1989) #12
X-Force #23
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »

Okay, throwing about about three weeks worth in this one as I have, once again, lost track of what I read when. But don'[t worry, I'm not Jeff (or more recently Jimmy even) with piles of issues read in that span
 Cheesy

Barbaric #1
Barbaric #2
Barbaric #3
- Fun mix of Conan and ... well, picture Conan, cursed with only doing good deeds by his talking, blood-thirsty axe

Black Hammer: Visions #6
Black Hammer: Visions #7
- Ugh ... one more issue. One more issue. One more ...

Serial #5
Serial #6
- Terry Moore making me love black and white comics!!

Seven to Eternity #12
Seven to Eternity #13
Seven to Eternity #14
Seven to Eternity #15
Seven to Eternity #16
Seven to Eternity #17
- Got pretty worried around the issue 14 mark that this was going to go off the rails, but man did it finish strong. Good stuff. I think this may be a shelf worthy buy for me someday as I would really like to read it again.

Nightwing #33 - Another great issue as Dick, well, makes use of ... a generous gift  Wink

I downloaded the new MU app and lost all my downloads and memory of what I had read over the past few weeks so ... yeah

I do know I added -

Iron Man #9
X-Men #21
Strange Academy #11

- to this weeks list of reads.

Also hitting up DC and read some more of the Legion '89 stuff that I had forgotten all about
(and forgive me for not typing all the periods in-between the letters)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 09:28:06 PM »

Black Cat #7 - hmmm.  Disappointed in this ending.  I don’t think the demon would be tricked so easily nor that the Fox would let the deception stand.

Did he though?

EDIT - Sorry, I misread this the first time.
Thinking you said "nor [the Demon] would let the deception stand - IE: without making Fox pay for deceiving him.
I still disagree about Fox though. Dude was dying and he has been shown to only care about 3 things -
Money
Himself
Felicia
Makes sense to me he would do this, sacrifice any and everyone. A great heartbreak issue, for me
 Cry

Sorry - I wasn't clear on what I meant....
I meant that I don't think that Fox would let Felicia get away with making it look like he reneged on the deal.
 I think he would have made a plea that Felicia duped the demon so that he could still get what he wants.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 09:49:01 PM »

An aspect of the the new Marvel Unlimited app that is utter junk:

You can't do mass removal of read titles.

The app seemed to draw in information of books I had saved to the reading list over the last 6 months. Now, I'm anal that I want my reading list to look 'clean'. But the app pulled in 50+ titles that I've already read.

It takes an individual click to 'remove from list' then another click to 'confirm removal' , which, by the way can be either be on the main list screen, or you have to go into the title screen to remove multiple saved issues of the same title.

My reading list is dirty. It pisses me off.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS