HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:24:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 1, 2021  (Read 4288 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 04:04:24 PM »

I read

The Power of Shazam! (tpb) 1985. Jerry Ordway's reintroduction of the character after COIE

The Power of Shazam: the ongoing, 6 months later, I believe, issues 1-6 of 48!

HEY NOW!!!

There's a 3rd vol of 'The Fix!' 50% off, only $6.49! But, if I check the issues....99 cents apiece, with tax, that 'vol' only costs $4.18....

Seriously, who buys the traded digital copies?! The issues are always so much cheaper!! The next 2 volumes I want of Black Hammer, again, way cheaper to do the individual issues!!!

OCCASIONALLY the trade will be cheaper during a trade only sale but that is not the norm.  Your doing it right by going the single issue route!  Much cheaper!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »

I FINISHED MY REREAD AND FULL READ OF SEVEN TO ETERNITY!!!!
JEFF PERRY I BEAT YOU!!!

🤣😄🤣

Grin  Cheesy

HA!!!

Like beating me to finishing off any series was ever a hard thing to accomplish  Grin I read about three panels a day it seems
 Cheesy

But jeez, man, good job!!  Cool Worked all day and still read/re-read 17 issues of this dense ass title in one day? Props to ya! No way I could do that and I don't have work getting in the way
 Grin

I do only have two issues left however. So hey, I may finish next week
 Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT -
Of course I still see no new MU titles this week, so I guess I will concentrate on this.
 Smiley

EDIT 2 -
Okay, I only got through issue #16 last night.
Letters pages say we are not going to guess what happens next and I believe it. Ha.
I'm still not sure about this Mudd King and Adam. This friendship?
I mean ... I don't know. Guess I will see soon
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 11:03:46 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2021, 02:54:22 AM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Stray Bullets Vol 1: Sunshine & Roses (Collects issues #1-8)
Seven to Eternity #5 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #6 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #7 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #8 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #9 (REREAD)
Stillwater #9
Geiger #5

Serial #5
Serial #6
Fire Power #14
Hey Kids! Comics! Prophets & Losses #4

Tales From Harrow County #1
The Unbelievable Unteens #1

Marvel Unlimited
BETA RAY BILL #3
BLACK WIDOW #7
MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #5
X-MEN #20

DC Universe Infinite
Future State: Aquaman #2
Future State: Batman/Superman #2
Future State: Dark Detective #4
Future State: House of El #1

Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #2
Future State: Suicide Squad #2
Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #2
Generations Forged #1

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #2
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #3

--------------------------------------------------------

Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #2 - I actually wound up liking this.  Who woulda thunk it.

Future State: Suicide Squad #2 - Suicide Squad story was decent.  The Black Adam one seems to be the one that resets everything.  Does this take us back to normal?

Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #2 - Hmmm. The end said “to be continued” but I’m pretty sure this was the end.  Story was a little too campy for my taste.

Generations Forged #1 - That was fun!  I enjoyed reading how this misfit team came together from across time to avoid a temporal crisis of epic proportions.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »

ComiXology Unlimited
Stray Bullets Vol 1: Sunshine & Roses (Collects issues #1-8)
Seven to Eternity #5 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #6 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #7 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #8 (REREAD)
Seven to Eternity #9 (REREAD)
Stillwater #9
Geiger #5

Serial #5
Serial #6
Fire Power #14
Hey Kids! Comics! Prophets & Losses #4

Tales From Harrow County #1
The Unbelievable Unteens #1

Marvel Unlimited
BETA RAY BILL #3
BLACK WIDOW #7
MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #5
X-MEN #20

DC Universe Infinite
Future State: Aquaman #2
Future State: Batman/Superman #2
Future State: Dark Detective #4
Future State: House of El #1

Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #2
Future State: Suicide Squad #2
Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #2
Generations Forged #1

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #2
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #3

--------------------------------------------------------

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1 - a day in the life of Cal Ellis, the black Superman from Earth 23 who is also President of the US.  I liked it.  A decent one shot story.

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #2 - ok so Roy Harpers back from the dead.  No explanation here as to how but I guess we’ll find out in some future comic.

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #3 - Jade and Obsidian are back.  These secret files issues are just a reintroduction to characters that have been gone for awhile.  Will be interesting to see where these two show up.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:10:39 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »

FOr those not aware, I just checked back on MU and they do have releases updated now.

I'm only planning on grabbing two or three (Black Cat #7 and SW: War of the Bounty Hunters #1 and maybe Marauders #21) but they also have am Immortal Hulk issue up
 Tongue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »

Immortal Hulk 47!! Read it. A weird lull of an issue, to behonest.

Power of Shazam, 6-12. Ah the character's history fine tuned. Very cool. All different now, but whatever ....I guess!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2021, 11:29:15 PM »

Immortal Hulk 47!! Read it. A weird lull of an issue, to behonest.

Yep and worth every pe ... no, wait. nevermind

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 12:27:36 AM »

I noticed they released everything they had listed for next week.  I guess everything gets moved up a week?  I’m ok with that.

I’m going to pick up all the Hellfire Gala issues even if I’m not normally reading a particular title.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »

I noticed they released everything they had listed for next week.  I guess everything gets moved up a week?  I’m ok with that.

I’m going to pick up all the Hellfire Gala issues even if I’m not normally reading a particular title.

I read bits and pieces of the Hellfire Gala. It is/was an excuse to wear bad fashion and allegedly kill Wanda. I am curious about the new Inferno and return of Onslaught. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS