HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:22:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 18, 2021  (Read 3958 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 18, 2021, 02:23:42 AM »

I’m starting to get ahead of myself on my list and posting this a day early.  I seem to have found quite a bit of reading time these days.  Will likely just get more time now that the kiddo starts school tomorrow!

DC Universe Infinite
Future State: Dark Detective #3
Future State: Green Lantern #2
Future State: Justice League #2
Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman #2
Future State: Robin Eternal #2
Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman #2
Future State: Teen Titans #2
The Green Lantern Season Two #11
Sweet Tooth: The Return #1
Sweet Tooth: The Return #2
Sweet Tooth: The Return #3
Sweet Tooth: The Return #4

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #2
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3
Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #1
Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #2
Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #3
Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26
Snow Angels Season Two #3
Paper Girls TPB Vol 5 (Collects issues #21-25)
Paper Girls TPB Vol 6 (Collects issues #26-30)

Marvel Unlimited - NEW ON AUGUST 23
DAREDEVIL #30
FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #1
IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS #1
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 03:29:11 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:34:44 PM »

Ran to my LCS when they opened. Decent week and looking forward to reading a few issues tonight.

Batman/Catwoman #6
Moon Knight #2
Nightwing #83
Radiant Black #7
Spider-Woman #14
Superman & the Authority #2
Trial of Magneto #1
Way of X #5
X-Corp #4

From this past weekend:
Avengers FCBD
Batman FCBD
Beast Boy Loves Raven FCBD
Resistance: Uprising FCBD
Zom 100 FCBD
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 02:04:30 AM »

DC Universe Infinite

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3
Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26

DAREDEVIL #30
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12

Future State: Dark Detective #3 - Two stories - Bruce Wayne & Grifter.  Both were good.

Future State: Green Lantern #2 - Three stories.  Not bad.  My favorite is the middle one with Mogo and the teenager.  The Hal Jordan one seems to be setting things up for the next series.

Future State: Justice League #2 - This was good.  Two stories. Justice League and Justice League Dark.  Both were fun conclusions to their stories.

Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman #2 - Definitely not my cup of tea.  This one bored me.  It was supposed to be some awe inspiring tale of Kara’s legacy but I found it lacking.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 02:38:45 AM »

I read the entire Endless Winter arc. I liked the history story that ran through everything more than the main current storyline. I enjoyed the history, but not the current stuff.

Also, Pa Kent is alive again? Dammit, when do I find out when that happened? I mean yeah, it was from Death Metal, but now I'm like what was changed, what wasn't, what is...is! I'm confused.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »

I read the entire Endless Winter arc. I liked the history story that ran through everything more than the main current storyline. I enjoyed the history, but not the current stuff.

Also, Pa Kent is alive again? Dammit, when do I find out when that happened? I mean yeah, it was from Death Metal, but now I'm like what was changed, what wasn't, what is...is! I'm confused.

Endless Winter was a great story! I loved that it was "one and done" in a single month. Gotta agree that the back story was better than the current tale.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 01:06:37 AM »

DC Universe Infinite

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3
Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26

DAREDEVIL #30
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12

Future State: Robin Eternal #2 - I liked the art.  But that’s about it.  Story wasn’t very interesting.

Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman #2 - Maybe I’m in a mood but I didn’t really like this one either.  It wasn’t terrible but just didn’t hold my interest.  Maybe I’m just grumpy in my old age.

Future State: Teen Titans #2 - This one I liked so I must not be grumpy!  Now I want read Titans Academy.  This really perked my interest.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »

I also "read" Spider-woman 6-11.

Not interested. Mostly just a bunch of yelling, and frankly, waaaay overwritten. I see she's back to her classic costume in #12, and hopefully its a new direction that doesn't really reference the first year, otherwise I'm just not going to bother reading it anymore.

Immortal Hulk 46 - hee hee still great! But Perry gives ill tidings of the future issues....

Green Lantern Season 2 1-2 : Okay, i love me Grant Morrison...but man....this felt like hard reading. Okay, the bird man issue did. I liked the Young Guardians lead off.

Batman Superman 11-15 - finished off this run of the title. I feel like I almost only read Josh Williamson DC titles! A nice Grundy issue to finish the series. Reading this, and JL, i'm only obliquely being referenced to Supes revealing his ID as Clark (which is still the worst idea ever). I hope it gets reversed. It's so terrible.

Infinite Frontier 2 & 3 -little glimpses into the little people of the world since Death Metal. Roy knows he was dead, undead, then alive. So does Jade. That ought to mess people up!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »

Immortal Hulk 46 - hee hee still great! But Perry gives ill tidings of the future issues....

Grin
Yeah, I was a little miffed, but then again, I was more mad I paid for the issues and got what I got. I think on MU they will be fine. I just should have waited is all.

That monster one-shot is out this week. I did like that one. But as I said last time, had I known it was coming out so soon I would have waited and saved the money!!

My impatience got the best of me
 Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »

Not interested. Mostly just a bunch of yelling, and frankly, waaaay overwritten. I see she's back to her classic costume in #12, and hopefully its a new direction that doesn't really reference the first year, otherwise I'm just not going to bother reading it anymore.

I felt this way after reading issue 12.  I’m taking a break from Spider Woman as well.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 09:55:09 PM »

DC Universe Infinite

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3
Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26

DAREDEVIL #30
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12

The Green Lantern Season Two #11 - Looks like we’re heading for a final battle and Hal’s greatest enemies are involved.  This issue sets thing up for next issues series finale.

Sweet Tooth: The Return #1-4 - Excellent sequel!  It’s a whole new story set 300 years after the original.  A whole new set of enemies and friends with ties to the world of the original.  Thumbs way up on this new take.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 03:37:01 PM »

I felt this way after reading issue 12.  I’m taking a break from Spider Woman as well.

And I remember you saying that. A bit of trepidation going towards these issues...and your words did prove true. I'll read 12...and if I don't enjoy it, I'll just break away.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 06:31:31 PM »

DC Universe Infinite

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3

Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26

DAREDEVIL #30
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12

Ascender #17 - story is coming to an end finally.  I think this ran too long and interest in the characters waned.  I think next issue is the finale.  I’m hoping it has a big finish.

Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem #2 - Good issue.  It’s fun seeing what the grand children and great grandchildren are heading towards.  Answers to questions from the beginning of all this could be answered soon!

Radiant Black #6 - Back story for the red radiant.  My only problem is the artists drawing the girl who is supposed to be getting married.  She looks like she is 12!  I thought she was one of the children at the table and she’s the main adult character!?  Otherwise it was a good issue but that really took me out of it.

Time Before Time #3 - More time travel fun!  Nice twist with the Syndicate in this one which puts our heroes in more possible trouble.  Wish this came out faster because it’s a lot of fun.

Snow Angels Season Two #3 - This book is so good.  Our heroines escape one trap only to be right back where they were before.  I’m ready for some answers dangit!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »

So yeah, spent money I just should not have, but what's done is done and at least I will be set to read the last issue of Immortal Hulk as soon as it hits ... in OCTOBER!!!!!!
 Angry Angry Angry

Immortal Hulk #47
Immortal Hulk #48
Immortal Hulk #49
- Okay, yeah, not the best, but if I would have waited I think I would liked it more? Maybe?

IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS #1 - Bought this as well at the same time. I learned a lesson here, be sure to check the release calendar before purchasing anything. I got this last week and it is set to hit MU tomorrow  Angry
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That said, the first story was ... interesting.

Seven To Eternity #1 (Reread)
Seven To Eternity #2 (Reread)
Seven To Eternity #3
Seven To Eternity #4
Seven To Eternity #5
Seven To Eternity #6
Seven To Eternity #7
Seven To Eternity #8
The last issue of this series finally hit a couple weeks ago and as I have had most of these issues for a long time just waiting for the end, it was time to hit 'em up. Loving this. only 9 more issues to go, which sucks, right now, but I like this. Certainly more "fantasy" leaning than Sci-Fi, but I have Remender's other stuff like Black Science, Low and Tokyo Ghost lined up for that genre
 Smiley

Black Cat #6 - Part two of the current arc and not sure how Felicia is going to get out of this one  Grin. Really enjoyed this issue. Sure, its forgettable, much like last issue was for me  Cheesy, but fun while I read it anyway.

Still have some more MU reads that I haven't hit yet, thanks to Remender's STE, but I will get to them at some point. Also adding  what is hitting tomorrow from MU as well as I may skip around a bit -

X-Corp #1 ... maybe, maybe not? I now remember reading some of this at the LCS when it first hit.   Undecided
GotG #14 ... maybe? I want to like this Ewing book but its just not hitting for me. I hate Wiccan and Hulkling
Star Wars #13  (War of the Bounty Hunters)
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #12 (War of the Bounty Hunters)
Fantastic Four: Life Story #1
Shang-Chi #1
Way of X #2 ... already canceled? WHAT?
The Ultimates ... maybe both volumes of Ewings runs? I loved what he did with Glactus in the first one, and I am in a Celestial mood so maybe will hit that volume as well.

Ha, okay, no way I get through all these AND more of Remender's STE
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:33:40 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2021, 01:26:17 AM »

Seven To Eternity #1 (Reread)

Hmmm.  Now that’s not a bad idea.  I wonder if I should reread the bulk of this while I wait for the last issue to drop in price…..

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 02:30:06 AM »

DC Universe Infinite

ComiXology Unlimited
Ascender #17
Radiant Black #6
Time Before Time #3

Moonshine #23
Moonshine #24
Moonshine #25
Moonshine #26

DAREDEVIL #30
SHANG-CHI #1
WAY OF X #2
WOLVERINE #12
ADD: BLACK CAT #6 - A plea from Perry

Hey Kids! Comics! Vol 2 #1-3 - This volume gives us peek into the worlds of Mad magazine and the horror, western, Archie crazes of comics which eventually spawned the comic book authority.  Amazing how much these creators all hate each other.

Moonshine #23-26 - It’s all coming to a head as multiple gang wars erupt.  And the werewolves seem headed for a last fight between themselves as well!  Looks like the end is nigh.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:32:17 AM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS