HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:37:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 11, 2021  (Read 3903 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »

It’s interesting that the GotG have been around since the 1907’s.  I really had no idea they were that old.

Me neither. Over 113 years !! That's longer than Superman
 Grin
I love typos
 Wink

But yeah, you should check out how Charlie 27 looked in his first appearance   Grin Grin Grin Glad they tweeked it a little.

Ugh! Yes - 1970’s! !

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1
Future State: The Next Batman #3
Future State: Harley Quinn #2
Future State: Superman of Metropolis #2
Future State: Wonder Woman #2
Future State: The Flash #2
Future State: Swamp Thing #2

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Paper Girls TPB Vol 4 (Collects issues #16-20)
Stray Bullets Vol 4: Dark Days (Collects issues #23-30)

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

FANTASTIC FOUR #32 - Not as good as the previous issue.  Plus I was already spoiled with the knowledge as to what happened here and the next issue as well.

SPIDER-WOMAN #12 - lol. Forgot I already read this a month ago with a floppy issue I received from Rodney!

X-CORP #1 - This had a hard time keeping my attention.  I actually fail to see what the big “win” was for the X-Corp here.  I’m hoping this gets better or I won’t be on it for long.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 11:30:25 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

ADD: Stray Bullets Vol 5:Hi-Jinks and Derringer-Do (Collects issues #31-41)

ADD:  Stray Bullets Vol 6: Killers (Collects issues #1-8)

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

I added this one.  Can’t get enough of this series right now.

Stray Bullets Vol 5:Hi-Jinks and Derringer-Do (Collects issues #31-41) - Builds on the amazing last book and doesn’t disappoint.  Our heroine enters high school and the people there are no better than the mob was.  Of course, they dramatically underestimate her.  Great book.

I’m adding the final volume of the first series as well.  Technically Vol 5 was the end of the first series and volume 6 is an eight issue mini.  

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:52:30 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 02:59:48 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Stray Bullets Vol 5:Hi-Jinks and Derringer-Do (Collects issues #31-41)

Stray Bullets Vol 6: Killers (Collects issues #1-8)

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Stray Bullets Vol 6: Killers (Collects issues #1-8) - Yeah I couldn’t stop reading.  Really liking these last 3 trades.  There is just so much here.  I’m blown away by how this one ended and yeah.  I’m grabbing the next series of trades & single issues to keep going.  Gonna kill me when I catch up to current and have to start waiting on issues!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »

Grin
Glad you like that Stray Bullets stuff, Jeff.  I know it is beloved by tons of fans.

I just couldn't do it. I tried it but the art was ... ya know ... I have no idea. I have seen, read and enjoyed things with worse art, but there was just something there I couldn't get past when I tried it all those years ago. I was just getting back into comics and it was one of those "You should try this" titles that some of the LCS guys were into, and I do appreciate the hardcore story and ideas (this book should be right up my alley  Wink), I just didn't enjoy the look. Maybe it was the lack of color for THAT particular art style? Like seeing black and white Dynamite art? Maybe if it were in color I would have gotten hooked? I have no idea.

Nope going to be one of those "amazing" reads I am just going to miss, sadly
  Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 01:30:52 AM »

Gonna kill me when I catch up to current and have to start waiting on issues!

We’ll I guess I don’t have to worry about that after all.  Looks like the last issue came out in August of 2020.  So I will get to the end…unless they quit because of Covid and just haven’t got back to it.   Undecided

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS