HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:27:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 11, 2021  (Read 3902 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 11, 2021, 12:11:03 PM »

My list these days is starting to look the same each week!

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1
Future State: The Next Batman #3
Future State: Harley Quinn #2
Future State: Superman of Metropolis #2
Future State: Wonder Woman #2
Future State: The Flash #2
Future State: Swamp Thing #2

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4
Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11
Paper Girls TPB Vol 4 (Collects issues #16-20)
Stray Bullets Vol 4: Dark Days (Collects issues #23-30)

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »

Saw this and thought of Jeff.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-universe-infinite-august-2021/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 03:07:04 PM »

Thanks Rodney! This will definitely help me plan my month!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 03:13:07 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4
Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Detective Comics #1027 - I got this mainly because there was supposed to be a connection with the Generations book.  There is; only one of the many stories.  But that’s ok as I enjoyed this entire book.  Lots of good Detective stories in this one including the short prequel to Generations Shattered.

Generations Shattered #1 - Now this feels like a real crisis.  Very copy cat of Crisis on Infinite Earths except it moves across time instead of the multiverse.  Batman from 1939 was picked up by Kamandi in the Detective comic above and this starts out with what Kamandi is assembling as a team.  I like it so far.

Future State: The Next Batman #3 - Only liked the Arkham Knights story.  No interest in either the Batman nor Outsiders tales in this one.

Future State: Harley Quinn #2 - Not bad.  Nice ending and still fun to read the insanity that Harley can bring.  Not even Scarecrow or Black Mask can control her.  :-)

Future State: Superman of Metropolis #2 - Superman story, thumbs up.  Didn’t care for the Mister Miracle or Guardian stories.

Future State: Wonder Woman #2 - I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.  And while I don’t want her replacing Diana, I like this Yara and will enjoy learning more about her history as an Amazon.

Future State: The Flash #2 - oh yeah.  That was not good at all. And looks like it will continue into the Teen Titans book.  That doesn’t bode well for that book.

Future State: Swamp Thing #2 - That was a really good story.  Somewhat sad but hopeful as well.  Thumbs up for the Swamp Thing.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 01:10:57 PM »

Small week but hitting the back issue bins this Saturday. My LCS usually has a huge sale on Free Comic Book Day.

Detective #1041
I AM Batman #0
Infinite Frontier #4

Not that I was interested but Batman Urban Legends #6 was sold out and the hot item of the week.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »

Detective Comics #1027 - I got this mainly because there was supposed to be a connection with the Generations book.  There is; only one of the many stories.  But that’s ok as I enjoyed this entire book.  Lots of good Detective stories in this one including the short prequel to Generations Shattered.

Generations Shattered #1 - Now this feels like a real crisis.  Very copy cat of Crisis on Infinite Earths except it moves across time instead of the multiverse.  Batman from 1939 was picked up by Kamandi in the Detective comic above and this starts out with what Kamandi is assembling as a team.  I like it so far.

Those were really good issues and I enjoyed Generations Forged as well. Let me know what you think when you read the ending.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 02:28:31 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Die #14-18 - I’m kind of glad I forgot about this and let so many issues queue up.  Reading these 5 issues together helped the story make a lot more sense.  Plus we are clamoring fast to the end.  These issues include the end of the Great War and the start of the final journey out of the world of Die.  Secrets are finally coming out and the final battle through the final dungeon is upon us.  I enjoyed reading these issues.  Perhaps I should have read all of this in collected form.

Fear Case #1-4 - Good supernatural crime case by Matt Kindt.  It’s a one story adventure and I enjoyed it.  A lot of double meaning as the case involves a….brief case.  Thumbs up.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »

Went back and grabbed Teen Titans Spotlight (1986) #1. A buddy gave me a copy of Batman Urban Legends #6 (he grabbed 5 or 6 when the LCS opened to sell for a quick profit).
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 11:57:28 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Fire Power #13 - A bit of an interlude after last issues big wrap up.  But the seeds of the new arc are being planted and more action is coming our way.  Really enjoying this title.

Hey Kids! Comics! #3-5 - Man what a sad ending to this great series.  I wonder if comic creators really hated each other this much.  Stan Lee…. I mean Bob Rose doesn’t come out looking very nice.

Rorschach #11 - My brain hurts. But I like where this went.  Hopefully next issue it all comes together for me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 09:57:56 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Paper Girls TPB Vol 4 (Collects issues #16-20) - That read fast.  Adventure at Y2K in this collection.  Not much in revelations but a fun little romp in this time period.  Still fun book.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 03:34:33 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Detective Comics #1027
Generations Shattered #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Die #14
Die #15
Die #16
Die #17
Die #18
Fear Case #1
Fear Case #2
Fear Case #3
Fear Case #4

Fire Power #13
Hey Kids! Comics! #3
Hey Kids! Comics! #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #5
Rorschach #11

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT!

Stray Bullets Vol 4: Dark Days (Collects issues #23-30) - Wow.  This was the most powerful book of the series.  I thought I understood Amy Racecar after the last book but all is really revealed here and I couldn’t have been more wrong.  Incredibly gripping story and one that will leave me sad for a very long time.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 01:09:27 PM »

Going to put the new Marvel MU Manic Monday release books I want to read up here, but I know full well I am not getting to them (most chances) before Wednesday. I am going to concentrate on getting through some more Hulk issues (47-49), getting totally caught up, so I can read #50 as soon as it hits! I don't want to be spoiled on it, so I am reading it on realese.

Marvel Unlimited
FANTASTIC FOUR #32
SPIDER-WOMAN #12
X-CORP #1 SERIES DEBUT! (end copy and paste  Cheesy)
Star Wars #13 (*Bounty Hunter Wars Tie-In)
Black Cat #6

I am pretty sure I "read" that X-Corp issue, or at least partially read it, but damn if I can recall  Undecided

But ... here is what I have read this week (with maybe one or two issues carrying over from last week that I forgot to put on that thread  Wink)

Cable #10 - Dang, was going to write about my thoughts on this issue but ... Yeah ... I can't remember what happened. It has been over a week so ... 
Grin

Strange Academy #10 - A good field trip issue with a nice parent reveal for one two students.
 Grin

Black Widow #6 - I enjoyed the last arc, but I now feel it should have been another BW mini. I think I'm done.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter War Alpha #1 - I have been waiting for this since I first heard of it about 7 months ago. I tired the SW: BH title when it first hit and it was fine, but not engaging enough in the long run, but THIS? I hope the event holds up as well as it started. Yeah, this was good.

Immortal Hulk #43
Immortal Hulk #44
Immortal Hulk #45
Immortal Hulk #46
- Damn it!!! I had thought about buying the last four issues so I could be up-to-date when that last issue #50 hits, but now there is no doubt. I will be caught up to read the last issue when it hits. Nobody at the LCS is going to have a chance to spoil this for me
 Tongue

Defenders #28
Defenders #29
- Man how I wished #28 was the last issue of the original Guardians of the Galaxy arc. If for nothing else to end on an issue that was NOT inked by Vince "how do I have a job" Colletta. But no, he was back for #29. And yeah, it looked like shit.
 Angry
(fun arc overall however. More of a GotG story though)

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 01:29:23 PM »

It’s interesting that the GotG have been around since the 1907’s.  I really had no idea they were that old.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 01:35:10 PM »

Does anyone know why the new MU issues aren’t up yet?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 07:03:48 PM »

It’s interesting that the GotG have been around since the 1907’s.  I really had no idea they were that old.

Me neither. Over 113 years !! That's longer than Superman
 Grin
I love typos
 Wink

But yeah, you should check out how Charlie 27 looked in his first appearance   Grin Grin Grin Glad they tweeked it a little.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS