HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:38:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reckless by Brubaker and Phillips  (Read 2211 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 08, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »

Written by Ed Brubaker. Art and cover by Sean Phillips.

"Sex, drugs, and murder in 1980s Los Angeles... And the best new twist on paperback pulp heroes since The Punisher or Jack Reacher.

Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, the modern masters of crime noir, bring us the last thing anyone expected from them - a good guy. In a bold new series of original graphic novels, with three books releasing over the next year, each a full-length story that stands on its own.

Meet Ethan Reckless: Your trouble is his business, for the right price. But when a fugitive from his student radical days reaches out for help, Ethan must face the only thing he fears... his own past.

Hardcover, 144 pages, full color.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 02:39:14 PM »

Written by Ed Brubaker. Art by Sean Phillips and Jacob Phillips. Cover by Sean Phillips.

The next book in the red-hot Reckless series is here!

Bestselling crime noir masters Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips are back with another new original graphic novel featuring troublemaker-for-hire Ethan Reckless.

It's 1985 and things in Ethan's life are going pretty well... until a missing woman shows up in the background of an old B-movie, and Ethan is drawn into Hollywood's secret occult underbelly as he hunts for her among the wreckage of the wild days of the '70s.

Another hit graphic novel from the award-winning creators of PULP, MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JUNKIES, CRIMINAL, and KILL OR BE KILLED -a must-have for all Brubaker and Phillips fans!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »

Written by Ed Brubaker. Art and cover by Sean Phillips.

The next book in the red-hot RECKLESS series is here!

Bestselling crime noir masters ED BRUBAKER and SEAN PHILLIPS bring us a new original graphic novel starring troublemaker-for-hire Ethan Reckless.

It's 1988, and Ethan has been hired for his strangest case yet: finding the secrets of a Los Angeles real estate mogul. How hard could that be, right? But what starts as a deep dive into the life of a stranger will soon take a deadly turn, and Ethan will risk everything that still matters to him.

Another smash hit from the award-winning creators of RECKLESS, PULP, MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JUNKIES, CRIMINAL, and KILL OR BE KILLED-and a must-have for all BRUBAKER and PHILLIPS fans!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »

My first thoughts on the first two:

Reckless TPB Vol 1 - Brubaker and Phillips noir TPB in the spirit of Criminal.  Actually, might as well be a Criminal comic as the twists and turns are similar.  Good book and will be a good series as there's another one already out.

Friend of the Devil: A Reckless Book by Brubaker & Phillips TPB - Another Brubaker & Phillips hit.  This is the second book in the Reckless series and I might just like it more than the first.  A drop into the seedy underbelly of 1970’s B Movie production which leave you with a bit of the creeps.

Looking forward to the third book coming in October!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 04:47:31 AM »

Coming April 20, 2022 - Book 4!

The fourth book in the bestselling RECKLESS series is here! Crime noir masters ED BRUBAKER & SEAN PHILLIPS present yet another original graphic novel starring troublemaker-for-hire Ethan Reckless.

It’s the winter of 1989 and Ethan is out of town, so this time, Anna has to tackle the job on her own. When a movie scream queen asks her to prove the mansion she’s renovating isn’t haunted, Anna will stumble into the decades-long mystery of one of Hollywood’s most infamous murder houses…a place with many dark secrets—some of which might just kill her.

Another hit from the award-winning creators of PULP, MY HEROES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JUNKIES, CRIMINAL, and KILL OR BE KILLED—and a must-have for all ED BRUBAKER & SEAN PHILLIPS fans!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09PZJSZTZ/?coliid=I2JAMDT9OSQ80G&colid=3RZ1HSMQTBZMJ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 04:48:59 AM »

I still need to read book 3. But I’ve noticed that it has started to slowly drop in price. I bet it gets a big drop when book 4 comes out.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »

I will also be all over this 'un

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS