HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:03:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 3, 2021  (Read 7359 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: August 03, 2021, 11:24:44 PM »

I was waiting for Jeff to do this! Grin

And mentioning Jeff, boy do we like our Flash comics. Once I get going, I get going!!

Flash 76-84
IF Secret Files (I like Calvin Ellis)
IF Shazam (I like Shazam!)
IF Superman of Metropolis (and I'm gonna stick to what I was thinking after Jeff's readings to just read this when it's relevant for future titles)
Aquaman 60-65

USAgent #5- Gonna reread this again!!! Love Priest!!
Way of X #1 -good, tough questions are asked. Didn't think it was leading to the ending that it did!
Beta Ray Bill #2 - great analysis of this other,(first other?) greatest Mjolnir wielder
Valkyries #1 - I went through this really fast. Loved the Jane foster stuff, saw they were adding the Valryrie from the movie in, and didn't read too deep into it. wAs late, and didn't care at the time! Woe unto me! Grin
X-Force 15-19 ; okay an X title I really like!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 11:51:51 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 02:52:53 AM »

FLASH RUN!!!

85-88/750-756!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 03:40:09 AM »

And 754-762!

Finished Williamson's run!!!!

Maybe more on that tomorrow.Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »

Are you happy to see Wally back as the Flash in this title?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 04:07:31 PM »

I’m sure I will be when those show up on DCUI.  Are they keeping him true to character?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 04:07:56 PM »

Here’s my list for this week.

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4
We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #4
We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #5
Moonshine Vol 3:  Rue Le Jour (Collects issues #13-17)
Paper Girls Vol 3 (Collects issues #11-15)
Stray Bullets Vol 3: Other People (Collects issues #15-22)

DC Universe Infinite
Future State: Dark Detective #2
Future State: Batman/Superman #1
Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #1
Future State: Aquaman #1
Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #1
Future State: Suicide Squad #1

---------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:28:57 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 04:27:38 PM »

I’m sure I will be when those show up on DCUI.  Are they keeping him true to character?

The first arc has him body swapping with different speedsters but I like having him back in whatever character he is. The art is a little off-putting and hard to follow.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 07:53:35 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4

DC Universe Infinite

Fantastic Four #31 - Not a bad issue.  I enjoyed the break from any overarching story and just got to hang with the crew for a day.

M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4 - I wasn’t expecting this to be the end of the story since most mini’s these days have 5 issues.  But I’m glad they didn’t drag it out.  This was a GREAT ending!  Love the new direction M.O.D.O.K. is headed in.  

U.S. Agent #5 - Done.  Hmmm.  As much as I like Priest and John Walker, I had a hard time getting into this one.  Not sure why but I didn’t enjoy it like I thought I would.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:28:34 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 12:08:11 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4
Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4

DC Universe Infinite

Future State: Dark Detective #2 - I’m still liking this.  Both stories; Bruce Wayne & Red Hood/Ravager are good.

Future State: Batman/Superman #1 - Interesting.  I like it.  Does this one tell us how Superman “died”?

Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex #1 - Not great but not bad either.  A future story reminiscent of the Legion but with an 50+ Lois and Superman.  Kind of cool.

Future State: Aquaman #1 - Much to my surprise I REALLY liked this one.  Jackson and the daughter of Mera & Arthur are the stars of this one and it’s a good one.

Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #1 - As much as I like Riley Rossomo’s art, I’m not a fan of it on the Legion.  Could be a combo of the fact that I don’t like what Bendis has done to the Legion.  While not terrible, I’m not a fan of this one.

Future State: Suicide Squad #1 - I liked the Suicide Squad story.  I didn’t care for the Black Adam story until the cliffhanger ending.  That new character made it suddenly interesting.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:28:07 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 03:10:05 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4

Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4

DC Universe Infinite

Deep Beyond #6 - The plot thickens!  It’s so nice to have a good sci-fi comic back in my mix of reading.  And the characters are full of layers and intrigue.  Can’t wait to see what will happen next.

Die #13 - I think we’re headed towards the end.  Weird appearance of HG Wells in a dungeons and dragons world but added a bit of fun.

Geiger #4 - Lot of Mad Max feel in this issue plus we meet the Queen and she is gross!  Thumbs up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:27:36 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4

Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4

DC Universe Infinite

Hey Kids! Comics! #2 - I’m starting to see who some of the characters are supposed to be. Bob Rose, for example, is Stan Lee.  I wonder how close to the truth this is in regards to what creators think of each other and how they treated each other.  This follows three creators through their lives in 1945, 1955, 1965, and 2001. Fascinating read for any comic book fan.

Nocterra #5 - Just when things seem perfect….bam.  Another good issue as the group finds a sanctuary?

Post Americana #6 - lots of action in this one!  We’re getting ready to leave this arc and move on to the next arc progression.  Deaths, maiming, and eggs with guns in this issue!  Lots of fun.

Serial #4 - Hmmm. Is our hero crossing the line? Or is the serial killer in the right?  Another good issue from the mind of Terry Moore.

We Only Find Them When They’re Dead #4&5 - End of Book 1. And it’s a doozy of an ending.  Secrets are revealed.  Twists appear.  And the setup for Book 2 is grand.  Thumbs up.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:27:10 PM by Jeff » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 11:17:00 AM »

Finally got to my LCS and picked up:

Avengers #47
Batman #111
Crime Syndicate #6
Justice League #66
Suicide Squad #6
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »

Suicide Squad #6

I’m ready for this to hit DCUI.  Hopefully issue 1 will show up soon now that 6 is out.  Is it as good as I’m hoping?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four #31
M.O.D.O.K. Head Games #4
U.S. Agent #5

ComiXology Unlimited
Deep Beyond #6
Die #13
Geiger #4

Hey Kids! Comics! #2
Nocterra #5
Post Americana #6
Serial #4

DC Universe Infinite

Moonshine Vol 3:  Rue Le Jour (Collects issues #13-17) - Whew! That was some dark stuff right there.  Lots of New Orleans voodoo going around in this volume and no one comes out unscathed.  Looking forward to where the next book will take us.

Paper Girls Vol 3 (Collects issues #11-15) - This volume has the girls stuck in prehistoric time.  But that doesn’t mean they get to rest.  More clues which bring more questions are discovered here.  Another great tale by Brian K Vaughn.

Stray Bullets Vol 3: Other People (Collects issues #15-22) - Really liking this series.  Reminds me of both Strangers in Paradise and Criminal.  Also Pulp Fiction.  It jumps around time using the same characters.  Sometimes a character who is just a background prop in one story winds up being the entire focus of another story.  Then there is one character whose story takes place in the far future and at first didn’t make any sense as part of the collections.  But in this volume I finally understand who she is and what’s going on.  And she may now be my favorite character.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2021, 03:14:46 PM »

Suicide Squad #6

I’m ready for this to hit DCUI.  Hopefully issue 1 will show up soon now that 6 is out.  Is it as good as I’m hoping?

Actually, I got this issue to finish out a story arc and I am dropping it. It's okay but not as good as I had hoped. I do like Peacemaker and Superboy, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS