HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:24:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AT&T PREDICTED TO SELL OFF WARNERMEDIA, DC COMICS  (Read 1978 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 07, 2020, 04:04:47 AM »

This would explain all the layoffs.

https://cosmicbook.news/att-predicted-selling-warnermedia-dc-comics

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »

Well it would certainly help explain them, for sure. But I don't know ... I can see the possibility of selling Warner Media, maybe, but with that I think they would also have to sell all of Warner Bros (as Warner Media is just an aspect of the 5 things AT&T bought with the purchase of Time/Warner. like Warner Bros, Warner Media (a different thing), Turner, (including CNN) and other stuff I can't remember  Cheesy ) and having just bought those ... I don't know. I don't see it. I can't see them dropping or selling for a loss. and right now, W.Media is down., but heck ... maybe some other company can swoop in seeing the possibilities for the future? IP's are the money maker, and while I see them scoffing at "comics" I can't see any company saying -
"Hey, this 'Superman' character ... I don't think there is money there"
 Grin

AT&T did force Warner Brothers to put the 2021 movies (and WW '84) up on HBOMAX in order to compete, but had they just waited a few more months to a year to start HBOMax, allowing them to get a slate of properties up, I don't think they would have been off to such a bad start. The essentially said "Here, pay us $15 a month for all the stuff you have already seen, and in one year, or so, we will have a different version of Justice League for you to watch. Sound good?"  Cheesy
I mean the literally started their streaming service as the highest priced option with the least amount of new stuff. What did they expect would happen? Yes, their catalog is INCREDIBLE, but those of us that have had HBO for years and years, have seen almost everything they have already, so ...

I can't see AT&T dropping anything, yet, I just think they are forcing DC to move away from print and more to digital. Slowly, but yeah, that is what I see.

But I am sure I am wrong
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy

But that is crazy. Thanks for the info ...

Could Marvel (Disney) make another push for DC? They almost had it once ...  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS