HR Boards
June 13, 2021, 04:55:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Eternals premieres in theaters November 5, 2021!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At the movies?  (Read 15 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: June 09, 2021, 06:54:55 AM »

Just curious, since the pandemic restrictions are lessening, have you started going back to the cinemas? Are you now strictly home viewers?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »

Ive been going to the theater since Oct 3, 2020 when New Mutants came out.  Since then weve seen Tenet, the Croods New Age, Wonder Woman 1984, Monster Hunter, Godzilla vs Kong, and Tom & Jerry; all in the theater.  I know we could have watched all of them at home but we wanted the big screen experience.  Plus with the social distance rules it was really nice having all that extra space around us.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »

I won't go into a theater unless I have no other option. And usually that means going to see Horror or Comic based movies (Okay, by "comic based" I mean Marvel movies  Grin)

One thing coming out of Covid that I AM thankful for is that I was able to see the dreadful, god-awful, piece of trash that was Wonder Woman 1984 for free*, all while my butt sat comfortably on my couch. Allowing me to pause and rewind when I missed a piece of the horrible dialog ... or when I had to pee, wanted a snack or even when I just needed a break from what I was seeing in that movie.

The question I will soon have to face is whether I will pay Disney the required $30 they are asking of me, for the ability to stay at home and watch the Black Widow movie in comfort and with access to all amenities that said home provides or will I go back to the theaters and pay the $5 (x2 if the wife goes) matinee rate (after the first week-end's opening) plus another $20 for popcorn and a drink for that "crowd experience" of laughing over dialog or other damn people based distractions?
I know which way I am leaning.
 Grin
Although in all fairness the theater we go to has always had a total of 1 to 3 people in the room for every movie the wife and I have seen there so crowd noise has never been an issue there, and that was before Covid hit.
 Smiley

*My cable company provides HBOMax for free for those of us that had a subscription to HBO, but not really for 'free' as I do pay $5 a month for HBO so ....
 Grin

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS