HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:39:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eternals  (Read 2750 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 24, 2021, 07:33:41 PM »

Official teaser trailer.   I can’t li - I’m a little nervous about this one.

Thoughts?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »

I can't say I blame you for feeling that way.

The trailer ... excuse me, the "teaser" seems very muted on all fronts. I don't think the brown/tan/gold hue adds anything other than to create a doldrum. Not a lot of talking either. But I think both may be planned.

The comics are very, very, bright. It is Kirby after all, so going with this sand hue (while obvious to the desert scenes  Grin), I think is showing us (primarily) the first time the Eternals come to Earth. The use a great clip of Sersi creating water for the plants and  ... I forgot who it was now ... but they show the hand going over some vegetation much in the way Thanos (who is born from Eternals) slid his hand over the fruit he was picking in the last Avengers movie and this is pretty much showing us how, in the Marvel Univers, the Eternals helped guide us lowly humans. Helped us create a path of survival.

Most of the trailer is set early in the movie like that so I think that is a ploy. Surprise with the Kirby wild stuff as we go deeper.

I think they are also going to use Gaiman's Eternal story as a part of this movie. In his mini the Eternals had lost their memory, forgot who they were, thought they were just humans until ... something happened  Grin I think when we see Druig in that camp, he doesn't yet know he is an Eternal, but he still knows he has the power to control minds (I think that is why the people that pull the guns have glowing eyes) but he thinks he is just a cult leader or something. They are, at the opening, unaware of who they are. Also why one of them (Kingo) has become a Bollywood star
 Cheesy

I think at least. Seems like a smart way to introduce them to modern times and also explain why they didn't help with Thanos ... a child of two of their own.

I am interested in seeing the Black Knight ... as well as the Deviants and how they will play into the MU. Will Druig be the baddy at first (he is an Eternal that believes they helped humanity far too much), but sees the real threat and joins the group to fight the Deviants? Probably?
 Cheesy
And of course, extremely happy there is a chance to see MORE CELESTIALS!!!!

Oh, and we get a glimpse at would could be .... The Uni-Mind!!! (when three of the Eternals start to float)
 Smiley

Bottom line, yes, this will be a test at how far Marvel can go. This could easily go like The Inhumans (lots of similarities) or it could also surprise the hell out of people like TGOTG did. I mean a talking Racoon??

Love this group, this weird Kirby New-Gods 2.0, just hope it doesn't bomb. I can take an "Ant-Man" or a "Thor: Dark World" level of rankings (which I still find both of those movies more enjoyable than most, I think), but I do so fear another Inhuman travesty.  Least us forget that Inhumans was also a weird Kirby thing. But they had a shit writer/director/show runner, Scott Buck (Netflix's Iron Fist was his other Marvel shot), as well as horrible set and costume designers
 Tongue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 09:34:12 AM »

If interested, yesterday evening New Rockstars dropped the inside look at the trailer.

It is about 20 minutes long, but it is deep. There is also an ad at the 2:10 mark that lasts until 3:29 (so skip ahead if you need/want), but other than that this vid is filled with cool ideas that could be in this movie and some history of the comics version of The Eternals. Fair warning they do discuss some Eternals comic stuff ... if you want to go into Eternals without too much info beware, but there is some very cool stuff that may (or may not) play out in this movie. This is just think speak, no insider knowledge or anything so no true spoilers. Though I think it would be cool if some of it did make it in, for sure. Like, for one ... and you'll have to watch the video for the rest ...
Could these Eternals be from Atlantis? Could this be the "disturbance" that we were told about in Endgame? And not really in the vid, but they touch on it, could Namor be introduced in this movie?

Man, I wish they would have kept the look of Gilgamesh from the comics !!!!
 Grin

Anywho, check it out HERE

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »

I checked out the video. Very interesting.  Could be a lot of ties to other movies in there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 04:13:06 PM »

Finally got the theater to watch this.

Coming out of the theater I gave it a B- . It’s a little too long and drags in a couple of spots.  Overall I liked it but it doesn’t meet its potential.  It had some moments and characters that could have been great but they didn’t give it that extra little push to get there.  Also too much standing around talking about the same things over and over.

Two after credit scenes and the first one has me worried as the CGI character looks too much CGI.  Second one has more promise as a tease and matches up with what the internet was hoping for.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 02:07:45 AM »

Still just waiting for this to hit Disney + soon. I hope! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 10:05:32 PM »

Finally streaming on Disney+.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »

Started watching it at 5:30 AM yesterday morning and didn't get all the way through it until 10  Cheesy Cheesy

Not that it was bad, but it is a long movie and the dog was all kinds of crazy yesterday
 Cheesy

I will just say, for now, that it was better than I had both thought would be and heard that it was  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 02:58:40 AM »

This was very boring, and on the whole, uninteresting.

It wasn't until the reveal that I thought they did something I wasn't thinking about!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS