HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:59:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 19, 2021  (Read 4464 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 04:30:37 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #1
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #2
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #3
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #4
Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1
Fantastic Four #28
Fantastic Four #29

Black Widow: Widows Sting #1
Spider-Man Noir #5
Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon #1
Eternals #1
Eternals #2

ComiXology Unlimited
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #1
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #2
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #3
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #4
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #5
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #6
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #7
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #8
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #9
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #10
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #11
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #12

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #70  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #71  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #72  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #73  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #74  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #75  - Joker War Tie-In
Catwoman #25 - Joker War Tie-In

Batman & the Outsiders #17 - Series Final Issue
Batman #101
Batman #102

---------------------------------------------

Batman & the Outsiders #17 - Series Final Issue - Decent wrap up for the series.  I like that we got to know where everyone is going as the team breaks up.  Hopefully we’ll see these characters pop up again but not as this team anymore.  I feel like there is no more reason for them to be a team and it ended perfectly.

Batman #101 - the transition issue.  Final epilogue to Joker War and a resetting of the Batman world.  I like the new direction and will be interested in seeing how it plays out.

Batman #102 - the new arc starts out with a bang and a new villain from Batman’s past?  The villain himself seems a little lame but his origins and connections with Bruce’s past could make up for it.  I like seeing Barbara back as Oracle, Harley as an ongoing cast member, and I even like the Clownhunter. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »

Perry (or anyone) is Nightwing 80 the place to really start?

Like Jeff mentions above, #78 is the new creative team kick-off point, but hey, I say if you want to dip your toes in, between the beginning and the ending, much like we use to do when we were younger (before the renumbering agenda) and we were thrown into a story not knowing what was going on (damn I kinda miss those times, the trying to get up to speed  Cheesy) I say go for it at #80. To give a try to see how it hits for ya. You may think totally different.

Of course it will also be on DCI in about another 3 months, so if you want to go that route that's cool also.  Smiley

I just couldn't wait.

Also, I'm now thinking about picking up Batman again. I have said I wanted to grab one more day of release DC title and Jeff has been making me miss good ole' Bats, so maybe I will start at that #102 he mentioned (new arc start) and see how I end up. Maybe I can just wait and read on DCI though ... I don't know.
I had seen the cover of a few recent issues, so I know what that new character looks like and once I got over the "Hammer, don't hurt em", parachute pants looking memory jolt, I kinda dug it.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »

Hey Perry - pick up the Joker War issues of Batman.  It’s really pretty good.  Much better than I expected.  Just don’t get any of the tie-ins. They’re not needed and they sour the story.  Plus you can read it on DCUI.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 01:57:24 PM »

Hey Perry - pick up the Joker War issues of Batman.  

I read that prior to joining DCi ... of DCU as it were back then  Smiley I enjoyed it for the most part

EDIT - I think I am wrong ... I think I am thinking of that Joker/Riddler War by Janin? I think?

Edit ... while still here so not really a true edit  Cheesy, no, okay,  did read both, yes, I was partially right the first time. That is what I was reading when I stopped getting Batman, but that wasn't by Janin.
And when I say "That is what I was reading when I stopped betting Batman" I mean I had planned on stopping anyway ... not that that arc made me stop.  Grin I did enjoy it, for the most part, but remember not caring about the "money" aspect of it.
The Batman is now poor thing.
Like most things I read, I'll have to look it over to remember much more than that  Embarrassed so maybe I will check it out, flip through, before getting to #102
 Smiley

EDIT 2 (true edit this time)
 Grin
I am kind of surprised you liked it though. I was just thinking about how you were so over the Joker stories for a bit. I think that is why I don't much remember it (ha! Yeah, sure, that is why). I know I was feeling the same as you about the Joker when it hit, so maybe I pushed it away from the old brain for that reason. But that was well over a year ago now, so...
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:08:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 11:48:10 PM »

May have just found my second DC title after all !!!!!

Oh Boy ... oh boy ... ohboyohboyohboy!!!
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2021, 01:18:44 AM »

You are correct - Joker was being so over used that I was tired of him.  That’s why I had dropped Batman.  BUT it’s been over a year for me now so enough time has gone by that I could read a good Joker story and enjoy it.   Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2021, 01:19:39 AM »

May have just found my second DC title after all !!!!!

Oh Boy ... oh boy ... ohboyohboyohboy!!!
 Grin

All I had to do was read the title of the article and I was in. 100%!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2021, 03:11:02 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #1
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #2
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #3
Fantastic Four: Antithesis #4
Fantastic Four: Road Trip #1
Fantastic Four #28
Fantastic Four #29

Black Widow: Widows Sting #1
Spider-Man Noir #5
Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon #1
Eternals #1
Eternals #2

ComiXology Unlimited
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #1
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #2
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #3
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #4
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #5
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #6
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #7
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #8
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #9
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #10
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #11
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #12

DC Universe Infinite
Nightwing #70  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #71  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #72  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #73  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #74  - Joker War Tie-In
Nightwing #75  - Joker War Tie-In
Catwoman #25 - Joker War Tie-In

Batman & the Outsiders #17 - Series Final Issue
Batman #101
Batman #102

---------------------------------------------

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #1-12 - Whoa.  Kyle Raynor.   Shocked  This one is as good as the first one and very Green Lantern centric with the Guardians taking exception to what Super-Man is doing.  It’s definitely hard to put down and I’ll be done with all 24 issues quickly!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2021, 09:13:58 AM »

... BUT it’s been over a year for me now so enough time has gone by that I could read a good Joker story and enjoy it.   Grin

Ha, exactly. Right on!

Finishing the week and throwing up stuff I read -

Immortal Hulk #20
Immortal Hulk #21
Immortal Hulk #22
Immortal Hulk #23
Immortal Hulk #24
- And Jeff was bang on! He had told me that certain character I saw THIS time I read issue #20 (or was it #21  Cheesy) would be more explained later and yeppers, all was made clear. I have no idea how I missed it, or don't remember that from my first time through ... okay, yeah I have an idea how I forgot  Smiley... but only further pushes the idea that I need to read comic more in a collected form to capture certain things in the membrane, 'casue I'm crazy insane, got no brain (Thanks to Cypress Hill for the wording there)  Cheesy Cheesy

Strange Academy #8 - So a talky-talky issue discussing the stuff that went down over the last two issues. Good issue for fleshing out a couple of the characters here. I enjoyed it and the art is much better than Bachelo
 Cheesy Wink

Morbius: Bond of Blood #1
Eternals #2
Taskmaster #3
Captain America #158 (1973)
Fantastic Four #131 (1973)

Black Hammer: Visions #4
Sea of Sorrows #5

Nightwing #80

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS