HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:20:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loki on Disney+  (Read 3628 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 15, 2021, 05:43:33 PM »

Coming soon to a TV near you...

https://youtu.be/nW948Va-l10
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 03:51:29 AM »

I just want to watch this so bad ! and now!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »

So Disney is killing me right from the start. One freakin' episode? Only one episode to start the season?

Yeah, I know, Falcon and WS had the same start, but dang it, I miss the two or three episode jump starts. Wanda and Vision had it, because it needed to have it, Loki doesn't because it doesn't need to have more than that. Plus, with only 6 episodes in total, its kind of hard to throw out a third of the season all in one go, but dang it, I still want more.

Man, I wish Netflix would get some good comic properties. I do love the option of watching one, two, three or the entirety of a season in one sitting, but I get with most streaming services that they want to get at least 2 months of subscription time (money) out of everyone.

Looking ahead I may end up canceling Disney+ for a month or two after Loki drops its last episode and the Black Widow movie airs. Take a little break. Heck, it will be time for Ted Lasso's return on Apple+ by then
 Grin

As for this one, starts out pretty well done. I will not say much until others have seen it, but I will hint at some spoiler stuff here so beware ...
I am not sure I like the direction they are taking Loki as a character. Look, I love Hiddleston as Loki and funny yet "stern and gloomy but over-all a kind heart" Loki is what he brings to this character so I get WHY they want a more friendly version of the character, but the comic me, the one that is diving into the old mid-seventies comics ... I kind of want the more evil or totally self serving Loki.

Ya know what I mean? Part of me loves the -

"I tried and failed to kill Thanos and I also cried for my parents, OH, and I do love my brother Thor" Loki

while the other part of me truly misses the -

"I will kill this guy and then with you ... I will take your F'n eyes to get what I want" Loki

But hey, maybe we kind of get that here? Maybe?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 01:42:04 PM »

Finally watched the first episode. I love the singing clock and his/her explanation of a time variance.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 08:23:53 PM »

Halfway done and still kinda wondering WTF. This is not as good as WandaVision or Falcon & WS, but better than watching Fox News.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 12:03:53 AM »

Oh I agree.

I sent out a little something earlier saying how worried and sad I was about the way this show is going. Started out fine, although a little too odd, but that's okay ... it was original at least, but then the second episode just seemed "off" and now ...

Episode 3 spoilers

When they were running through all the moon debris that was blowing up around them and then, a scene later, suddenly they just started walking and the amount of debris was suddenly lessened and now only in the background, away from them?
 Roll Eyes

There is some major problems with Marvel TV and it isn't all ABC's fault, as this proves.

Wanda/Visions took forever to kick in, got good and then sucked the last episode
Falcon/WS was never better than an NBC 8:00 family drama that ended with a very uncomfortable speech
and now this has steadily been declining? Hope it turns around, waste of talent mostly, so far

Maybe all their live action series should only be a mere 3 episodes long, so they stop trying to force more minutes out of something, drowning out what good is actually there. Sort of like they're writing for the trade. They have a three issue story but they want to make more money on the back end so they are stretching it into more and it falls flat as shit
 Sad

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 11:56:07 AM »

And just like that, this show redeems itself!!

Episode 4 was, aside for a bullshit fight scene that looked straight out of network television, an absolute amazing thing to watch. Dialog was perfect, acting top notch, pacing superb and story moves forward just enough to make you want to see the next episode immediately; like if you were to watch this series for the first time, after it was complete, and you just finished this latest episode at one in the morning AND you had to get up at five for the most important meeting of your life ... you would still watch episode 5 straight away. That is how this ending left me. Totally washed away the bad taste of the previous episode. An episode that, to me, was total bullshit and totally unnecessary ... aside for one small aspect

Anywho, do yourself a favor and make sure you have no distractions when you watch this episode. Not that you need to pay close attention or you'll miss something, but only that you will want to make sure you do not miss anything
 Grin 

Also, just an alert, we do get our first (that I have come across at least) after credits scene after this episode, and HA, what a scene it is!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:51 PM »

Halfway done and still kinda wondering WTF. This is not as good as WandaVision or Falcon & WS, but better than watching Fox News.

LMAO!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 12:40:07 PM »

And one of my hometowns, Oshkosh Wisconsin, was in ep 2? Just because of Mark Gruenwald? That's great!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 07:53:37 PM »

And one of my hometowns, Oshkosh Wisconsin, was in ep 2? Just because of Mark Gruenwald? That's great!!

Episode 6 featured Fremont OH, near my family farm.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 02:04:13 PM »

My thoughts on it finishing...so I will put it in SPOILERS

I'm ...irritated at the Disney show formula. Much of this does stand on it's own, but when the Big Ending comes to fruition, we are told to Just Wait for the Movie! instead. At least Falcon/WS had an ending of it's own that the other 2 shows didn't replicate.

I really HATED how Loki's powers/strengths/durability was written as needed for the scene. I remember this guy physically fighting frost giatns, first scene of the first Thor movie, but he gets manhandled by train guards on the dying planet? That will become destroyed soon...so they WALK to the site of the shuttle to leave!

Why? Because they needed Loki and Sylvie to connect more. That's why. That's exactly why.

Speaking of the train, when Loki had his magic, he's a buffoon and can't manage to get on the train on his own. Yet, again, first Thor movie, he gets into the Shield facility where locked up Thor is to do as he wishes. That bugged me so much throughout the series.

I'm certainly intrigued of whatever new reality Loki finds himself in with the TVA at the end of the season. I like everyone hoping it was Kang they were talking to....maybe one of the others becomes Kang...

I think in the end I was entertained by Tom Hiddleston, and for that, I'm happy enough.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 03:03:07 AM »

So I got to binge watch this since all of the episodes were already out.  I watched an episode a day until I got to ep 4.  Then I had to finish it in one sitting.

I loved it!  I had issues with some of it -mostly the same ones you guys mentioned- but overall it was my favorite of the three series so far. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS