HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:38:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix)  (Read 2412 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 07, 2021, 08:07:58 PM »

Oh brother. This is gonna be rough.

I just watched the first 8 minutes of episode one and had to walk away. This one is gonna be a rough one. At least for me. Waaay too much like a CW show with super bright lights, music that they must have pulled from Fair Use sites and acting that already seems worse than some daytime dramas (Although I loved my Days of Our Lives when I was younger ...  Cheesy)

No way I am sitting through this tonight and may not make it back anytime soon. But if anyone else wants to jump in, watch the first few episodes to let me know if it gets watchable ... I mean MORE watchable  Wink, let me know

I really did enjoy the comics. This is not that.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »

Never read the comics and just finished episode #4. It's definitely not the Boys or Invincible. I really want to give the Utopian a shampoo and haircut. My favorite character so far is Uncle Walt.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 03:52:04 AM »

gonna update Perry? Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »

gonna update Perry? Grin

Grin
Well as you may know  Grin I finished the series in about 2 days, after Jeff told me I should try past the 8 minutes that I had seen
 Grin
I was, most chances, going to get back to it ... eventually ... maybe ... hahaha... but Jeff's enthusiasm for the show (which was not a "Oh, you have to watch this!" level, but a mere, "I think you should give it more time" level) made me curious to dive back in a heck of a lot quicker than I would have.

Are there issues that I have? Oh yeah! Is it much better than I had originally thought it was going to be? By a large percentage!
The "brightness" of the show was tamped down, almost immediately after the first credits roll and the further you guy the more use of shading comes into play. The "CS" look didn't permeate my eyes as I feared it was going to ... it softened quite a bit. Thankfully

If Jeff would not have said anything, I would have walked away, for a good bit, and graded this show (based on the 8 minute opening) a piss-poor D-, but after watching the entirety of it, I give it a solid B

Still not something I am going to push my (non-comic reading) brother to watch, but I did retract what I had told him -
"Avoid this shit like the plague"
and gave him an updated -
"So, hey, I watched the whole thing and ... okay, it may not be for you, but it may, so if you're bored, I think you could enjoy it"
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »

I agree.  The first episode wasn’t great up until the battle at the end.  Then the rest of the series got better with each episode.  I really enjoyed the pieces that took place in the past the most and it did make me look forward to a 2nd season.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 06:35:33 PM »

I agree.  The first episode wasn’t great up until the battle at the end.  Then the rest of the series got better with each episode.  I really enjoyed the pieces that took place in the past the most and it did make me look forward to a 2nd season.

Is there gonna be a second season?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 11:44:58 PM »

Nothing officially yet, but when they bought all of MillarWorld ... everything, I figured everything was getting at least two season automatically. Even the stuff that didn't need it
 Cheesy
(This show certainly not being one of those  Cheesy)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:02:03 PM »

Well, looks like I just should have only watched those 8 minutes
 Angry

Here

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »

Well that sucks.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS