HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:18:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Phase 4  (Read 1542 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 03, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

“The world may change and evolve, but the one thing that will never change: we’re all part of one big family.“

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »

Ahhh, so warm inside.
 Smiley

I think the Eternals will be the one that dictates ... that shows the world ... what we (the audience) are still excited for. If we are still into comic movies or if we have reached the plateau.

Much like the first Guardians, it will be one of those deciding movies that will tell us how far we are willing to let Marvel take us. Guardians proved you don't need Spider-Man or well known comic properties to entertain and that the cinema world can be so much more ... so, much, more, but damn do I hope Eternals is good.

Right now, I just have fear. Fear that it will be The Inhumans all over again. Another grand idea that I love, shattered by the inept storyline and the ridiculous directing, set design, lighting, costumes, etc ...

Please Marvel, don't let The Eternals be the one that falters. I would much rather have ... say the Guardians fall short (an established and still loved property) than having another "who are they?" movie that comes close to being what the Inhumans turned into.
 Undecided

So far the theater side of Marvel has not truly faltered, I hope Eternals is not the one that breaks that streak.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:44:59 AM »

And for this lifetime comics fan...I don't give 2 cents about Eternals. At all. Ever. So this is a hard sell even for me.

Make me love it, MCU! Because if you can't get me...the comic going public won't at all!!!

...or maybe I have that backwards...Wink

The rest of all that makes me happy for the future though!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS