HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:41:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Crime Syndicate Thread  (Read 2776 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:13 PM »

Anyone else enjoying this twisted take on the Justice League? I love the array of characters. Reminds me of Marvel's first Exiles series.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »

the solicitations for issue #5

The Crime Syndicate crosses the line for the last time…and Alexander Luthor demands justice! Earth-3's Luthor, Savanna, Venus, Power Tower, Red Hood, Lonar, and Thaal Sinestro band together to form the Legion of Justice and defend their world at all costs. Will the looming threat of the Legion stand in the way of Owlman, Superwoman, and Ultraman's quest for global takeover? It all builds to a cliffhanger that will leave you on the edge of your seat!
Question of the month: Who is Luthor's secret weapon?
Also, in this issue's backup, witness the origin story of Johnny Quick, illustrated by Bryan Hitch!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 03:40:07 AM »

I’ll have check this out when it hit DC infinite.  Looks good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:41:10 AM »

'm super onboard for this!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:08:31 PM »

what are your thoughts?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »

what are your thoughts?

That I need for it to show up on DCI!!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 12:44:29 PM »

So! It hit the DCI and I almost missed it; cuz 2 books were waiting for me!

I enjoy the small subtle changes from the past Crime Syndicate knowledge. Although, I do miss some of the changes; I didn't need Ultraman to be an actual evil Kryptonian, I liked that he eat anti-kryptonite (right??) to get his powers. I don't think Superwoman is Lois Lane, Power Ring being different doesn't phase me in the slightest. I...can't remember Owlman's origin, but he's always the most fascinating of characters!!

And ever since the cartoon movie, I can simply NOT hear James Woods' deadpan voice as Owlman. It's perfect!

Now I'm sad it's only 6 issues!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

I like that Donna Troy is Superwoman.  Adds a new flavor to it.  I’m enjoying this as well two issues in.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS