HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:56:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sweet Tooth  (Read 1888 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 29, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »

Coming in June!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 06:35:15 PM »

Yeah man, that looks quite good.

No way I'm ever going to get to that series, to read it, like I had planned (been "planning" for years  Roll Eyes), before it hits, so I am just gonna sit back and enjoy this ride.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »

We’ve watched the first four episodes and I like it so far.  My only complaints would be how it’s different from the comic.  They’re revealing things way too early in the series.  You don’t meet the other characters until Sweet Tooth does in the book.  And therefore the revelations in those arcs aren’t known at the beginning.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »

We've been through only 3 episodes ourselves. I like it, and more importantly so does the wife ... which is a good thing as she has had no interest in the last two Disney+/Marvel shows nor any of the Netflix comic stuff.

No idea why they are rushing it, but it may be they're just trying to get through the comic material to get it our there and done? That way if it doesn't hit, like freaking Jupiter's Legacy, they can say they gave it the best effort for fans of the material.

I never read the comic, so not sure if it ended in a manner that they could extend the story anyway though

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS