HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:11:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hickman off X-Men  (Read 1914 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 16, 2021, 08:35:50 PM »

So damn, Hickman is leaving the X-Men.

Well, leaving the X-Men title
 Wink

Uh-Oh

I like Duggan and all, but honestly, he is no Hickman, but hey ... I'm hoping Hickman's new title will be one I want ... 'cause I'm going to read it regardless.  Cheesy
I will also stay on X-Men proper, regardless, even if unhappy about its direction or who is on the team. I don't ever want to be as far removed from the mutants as I felt just a few months ago. I still don't know a 16th of the peeps I am reading about. Will stick with X-proper just to stay in the loop for the foreseeable future.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »

Duggan did write some pretty darn good Hulk, and he wrote Deadpool for 10 years, which I would HIGHLY recommend to read. I loved it. It's a great read. It's good stuff. Its not inane dumb silly Deadpool-I mean, Wade is still Wade, but it was great comic reading.

Hickman gone? Okay. I mean the table is set, all is there. Although, if he was the main architect for X of Swords, I would say that I've soured a bit on the X titles. I've got them in MU Post XoS....and I'm going to have to force myself to restart reading X men again.

This sounds like I'm crapping on Hickman-but I'm crapping on Swords. His restart of X men was brilliant! Loved it! Way to give it something to do! But I still have catching up to do to see where it all goes now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »

I am putting in my memory, forcing it into my mind, that X of Swords, while under Hickman' watch, was not really Hickman's baby. I am going to tell myself that he had the idea of putting the two island's inhabitants against each other in various contests and what the outcome would end up being (ya know, the basic outline), but I can't image, I won't accept Hickman being responsible for things like
Wolverine's Catwalk contest.

Sticking my fingers in my ears if I hear differently.
 Tongue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 06:57:11 PM »

Not sure how I missed this post!  I was hoping Hickman would tighten the reigns on this world more than letting them widen.  I’ll stay with it since the mutants are my favorites but I hope we don’t get more things like X of Swords.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS