HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:10:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respawn To Appear In Robin #1 – Another Kid Deathstroke?  (Read 2803 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »

Josh Williamson tweeted out news of a new character appearing in Robin #1, Respawn. And who seemingly has a connection to Deathstroke, Slade Wilson, who has been in the news a bit this week. Williamson wrote "The new mystery character in the ROBIN ongoing series is named RESPAWN. A NEW deadly force in the fight tournament, their real identity will be a major mystery in our Robin story. Art by Gleb Melnikov! Robin #1 is Respawn's first appearance! Pre-order this week!"

Of course, he also said that Flatline's first appearance would also be in Robin and we saw how that happened with Detective Comics. Respawn isn't the only Kid Deathstroke on Lazarus Island of course, in combat against each other, seemingly with the theme that people have been revived by the Lazarus Pits. Hence "Respawn" I guess. Ravager is also there, and many others, a number of which will be making their first appearance, all under the eye of Mother Soul.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 03:38:35 AM »

Maybe it’s Jericho and Ravagers brother brought back by the Lazarus pit?  Just a random guess. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 12:45:11 AM »

Maybe it’s Jericho and Ravagers brother brought back by the Lazarus pit?  Just a random guess. 

That's an interesting theory. Has Wade been seen since Rebirth/Flashpoint/Infinite Frontier?

It was a fun first issue and I love the new characters. I did not know that King Snake was the deceased Bane's father. I wonder if Bane's daughter will make an appearance.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 01:03:27 AM »

So after Nightwing hit me with such gusto, I figured I would give this Robin relaunch a go. I am on the side of the coin that likes Damien (it seems you either like him or hate him), so I was interested to see what I would get. I got a pretty decent issue. Enjoyable, though I had just watched the recent Mortal Kombat on HBO so I was in the mood  Cheesy Good last panel as well (although we can see where this is going based on where this takes place  Wink), but I think I can wait the 6 months for this title.

Oh, and I will also add the art looked better than I thought it would, going by the preview pages that I had seen.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS