HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:57:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 24, 2021  (Read 3016 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:42 AM »

Really diggin' hitting the older Marvel stuff so gonna try and keep the train going as long as I can, by working on more of Marvel's September 1972s offerings. I also totally forgot one, more recent issue I should have read last week that I will certainly be getting to with this weeks stuff

MU Stuff
Amazing Spider-Man #112 (1972)
Avengers #103 (1972)
Captain America #153 (1972)
Daredevil #91 (1972)
Thor #203 (1972)
Immortal Hulk #41 (Current)

Other
Thor #13 - Not sure how, but yep, missed this puppy last week
Alien #1 - Have to try Marvel's go at this

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:45:36 PM »

This week:
Detective #1034...not a big fan of Damian but curious about his new series.
Excalibur #19
Power Rangers #5
Teen Titans Academy #1

Back issue bins:
Cyborg #22
Red Hood #52
Teen Titans (2016) #6
Trinity (2016) #7

I was hoping to get Batman/Superman #16 but it was already sold out. GRRRRRR.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 04:23:07 PM »

Rolling along with this list before adding anything new.

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50
West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien Red Planet #4
Black Hammer: Visions #1
Snow Angels #1
Snow Angels #2
Something is Killing the Children #14
Stillwater #5
Stillwater #6

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 01:44:11 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50

West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien Red Planet #4
Snow Angels #1
Snow Angels #2
Stillwater #5
Stillwater #6

Moving a little faster this week.

West Coast Avengers #48 & 49 - enjoyed this story as we maybe getting the reason for Wanda’s future breakdowns.  Plus another appearance by the Great Lakes Avengers and they don’t suck!

West Coast Avengers #50 - the return of the Human Torch! This was cool.

Flash Forward #4 - Moving the story along and not terrible.  Or maybe my expectations are so low that I’m not hating it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

Flash Forward #4 - Moving the story along and not terrible.  Or maybe my expectations are so low that I’m not hating it?

are you going to read the Flash post-Infinite Frontier? The title swaps out Barry for Wally.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 09:11:04 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

are you going to read the Flash post-Infinite Frontier? The title swaps out Barry for Wally.

Most likely.  I like to keep up with the Flash world as much as I can.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 09:39:18 PM »

MU Stuff
Amazing Spider-Man #112 (1972)
Avengers #103 (1972)
Captain America #153 (1972)
Daredevil #91 (1972)

Thor #203 (1972)
Immortal Hulk #41 (Current)

Other
Thor #13
Alien #1

ADDED -
Marvel Team-Up  #4

Marvel Team-Up #4 - Man, how in the hell did I like the look of Morbius when I was a kid? His costume just makes no sense at all  Cheesy And these X-Men? Woooo Jean was waaay too sexy during this time. I guess to make up for that early outfit.  Smiley

Amazing Spider-Man #112 - A lot of nothing really, but Spidey soon finds a "bad guy" working with some kind of harness wrapped around him and you know what that means, the og harness guy is here at the end ... Doc Oc!

Captain America #153 - So Nick Fury admits to being too damn jealous of Cap, finally realizing that Cap doesn't want to "salute" his girl and they all agree to terms before things get too out of hand ... only for Falcon to later see his girl on a balcony with someone and turn around get all jealous himself. Maybe Conway was going through a cheating girlfriend phase?  Grin

Avengers #103 - Yeah, I just got too tired to care about this issue. Avengers face off against a sentinel and a mutant that sees the future

Daredevil #91 - Okay, seems I was mistaken on the first appearance of Mr Fear. Not sure how I got that last issue but they discuss the first Dr. Fear was back in DD 49 (I think), so ... ooops. Funny side note, Dude tells DD that Black Widow bolted, left San Fran, the issue prior to the title being named DD and Black Widow?  Grin

Thor #13 - Yeah, I'm not saying anything about this one. Hee Hee. Couple great things and a sweet ass last page prove that I am not yet ready to add this to MU only.
 Grin Grin

EDIT - So I went to add some more '72 Marvel to my Downloads and noticed I screwed up with the Cap writer. Gerry Conway is writing almost everything I am reading right now, but forgot Englehart was doing the writing on Captain America. Sorry Gerry, I am sure you and the Mrs were fine
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 11:37:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 03:31:02 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50

West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien Red Planet #4
Snow Angels #1
Snow Angels #2
Stillwater #5
Stillwater #6

West Coast Avengers #51 & 52 - the secret revealed about Wanda and Visions kids. I thought this was the end of the Wanda breakdown storyline but it has a few more issues to go.  Love John Byrnes work here. So many plot threads running simultaneously.

West Coast Avengers #53 - little bit of a detour with the Acts of Vengeance crossover.  Still a decent read.

Flash Forward #5 & 6 - glad that’s over but it wasn’t as bad as I thought.  Still not great and looking forward to see how this gets undone.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 04:18:51 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50

West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien Red Planet #4
Snow Angels #1
Snow Angels #2

Stillwater #5
Stillwater #6

Barbalien Red Planet #4 - finally got better towards the end of the issue.  Not enough to salvage the series but bodes well for the finale next issue.

Black Hammer: Visions #1 - Not a bad issue.  I think I enjoyed it more than Perry. Which is ok. Golden Gail is one of my favorite characters so that could have something to do with it.

Snow Angels #1 & 2 - Nice! I like this Jeff Lemire series already.  Whole new world in an arctic trench complete with a rich unknown history & mystery. Thumbs up!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 09:37:38 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50

West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien Red Planet #4
Snow Angels #1
Snow Angels #2

Stillwater #5
Stillwater #6

Yea! I did it! I finally finished a list on time!  Grin

Something is Killing the Children #14 - This is a great story BUT it is dragging out a little too long.  Fortunately we seem to be very close to the end and the upcoming battle should be be good.

Stillwater #5-6 - And things go literally up in smoke!  The big confrontation is finally here and definitely did not go the way I was expecting.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 12:00:38 AM »

Black Hammer: Visions #1 - Not a bad issue.  I think I enjoyed it more than Perry.

My problem was one of confusion ... mainly (although, yeah, I wasn't blown away), but I mean,
how did all this happen with Gail while in this "town" when I thought the "town" was shown only to be a fictional world created for when the heroes were in a coma after their fight with Anti-God? Ya know, when they were really on that ship and in stasis? Am I misremembering?
Which, yeah, I am sure I probably am
 Grin Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 05:13:02 PM »

No your remembering correctly.  I just took it like this...
I figured this all took place in the stasis.  I think the experiences there were real to the characters and maybe the stasis had to create backgrounds for the unreal people living there?  Honestly, I’m trying not to think about it too hard.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 09:00:14 PM »

Grin
Okay, yeah, let's do that
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS