HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:13:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 10, 2021  (Read 2458 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: March 10, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »

Children of the Atom #1
Joker #1
Mighty Morphin #5
Superman #29
Wonder Woman #770
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »

Gonna shoot for these on the ride back to Texas tomorrow.

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #42
West Coast Avengers #43
West Coast Avengers #44
West Coast Avengers #45
West Coast Avengers #46
West Coast Avengers #47
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50
West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53 - the 12 issue arc that is the basis for WandaVision.  Gotta check it out.

ComiXology Unlimited
Fire Power #1
Fire Power #2
Fire Power #3
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #1
Flash Forward #2
Flash Forward #3
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »

Going to try and concentrate on more MU and DCI stuff this week. So yeah, here is what I am shooting for:

Fantastic Four: Road Trip One-Shot - Well, yeah.
Modok: Head Games #1
Star Wars (2020) #1
Star Wars: BOunty Hunters #1
Star Wars: BOunty Hunters #2
Darth Vader (2020) #1
Doctor Aphra v1 (2016) #1
Daredevil #6
Avengers #256

Kick-Ass #3
Kick-Ass #4

The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8
The Green Lantern #9

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:19:23 PM »

Fantastic Four: Road Trip One-Shot - Well, yeah.
Star Wars (2020) #1
Darth Vader (2020) #1
Daredevil #6
Avengers #256

Kick-Ass #3
Kick-Ass #4

added-
Kick-Ass #5
Kick-Ass #6

The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8
The Green Lantern #9

ADDED-
Black Hammer: Visions #2

Kick-Ass 1-6 - Okay, so yeah, I got hooked, what of it? So what? After I read #4 I added the damn entire lot.   Grin
(and now I have to try Hit-Girl too? Damn you, Jeff.  Grin I hope you had a freakin' nice time on your trip  Smiley)
7 outta 10

Fantastic Four: Road Trip - Art was pretty scratchy and rough at times, but I still enjoyed the look for some reason. I suppose because it wasn't non-descript Grin it certainly had a style to it. The story was decent enough for an MU tale (may have been mad if I paid for it) so I walk away happy. I kind of want to read the old issue of FF #18 (I think it was) that this was based around ... or involved with, somehow. I forget  Grin
7 outta 10

M.O.D.O.K: Head Games - Ha, yeah, I really enjoyed this one. Perect as a last read of the night. Settled me in with its humor and made me want to read the next issue of this 5 parter. I say add this one to your MU list as well if you want a little bit of humor to go along with your massive ego  Cheesy
8 outta 10

BH: Visions #2 - *sigh* Man I really wanted this to be a good one, especially after the lack luster (IMHO) issue #1 left me wanting. But even the talents of two very good creators, two that I really enjoy even, this issue was yet another dud in the seemingly non-stop slide of Black Hammer issues. Written by Geoff Johns with art by Scott Kollins I just knew this was going to be a winner, but what I read was just another "yawn" of a side story. Maybe this is why Back Hammer creator Jeff Lemire decided to stop having other people tell stories from his world. It seems only he can master it.  Undecided
4 outta 10

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 12:33:56 PM »

So Rodney, how was that Joker comic and is that the new writer on Superman? And if so, how was that one? And heck, as you may have missed it last week, let me ask this one again ...

So Rodney, how was that Suicide Squad #1? I know you didn't like or dive into the last incarnation, so wondering how this one hit for ya

Grin

Only hit a couple more last night.

Fantastic Four: Road Trip One-Shot
Star Wars (2020) #1
Darth Vader (2020) #1
Daredevil #6
Avengers #256

Kick-Ass #3
Kick-Ass #4

Kick-Ass #5
Kick-Ass #6

The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8

The Green Lantern #9

ADDED-

Green Lantern #7 & #8 - Two decent stories, one more poetic in nature with
Hal being stuck inside his ring and the other another homage to not only the GL and GA team-up that was so cool back in the day, but also a GL and GA team-up of another sort
... based once again on an old ass issue of GL.  Grin
I am going to grade these together as I read them back to back (and thus it felt like a double sized issue), but I did enjoy issue 8 a little bit more  Wink
7 outta 10
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:00:17 PM »

Star Wars (2020) #1
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #1
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #2

Darth Vader (2020) #1
Daredevil #6
Avengers #256

Kick-Ass #3
Kick-Ass #4

Kick-Ass #5
Kick-Ass #6

The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8

The Green Lantern #9

ADDED-

Bounty Hunters 1 & 2 - For some reason I just couldn't get into this. The art was, well, okay I guess, but some of the voices just didn't ring true for me, and I say that having never even heard of some of them Grin I get it if people like this, and I may try it again (sometimes a book doesn't hit for me because I shouldn't be reading a book at that time ... just not in the mood for reading and I tried anyway. It happens), but for now, yeah ... just a normal comic. Right in the middle. Fine overall, but didn't wow me
5 outta 10

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 01:38:29 AM »

Sad to hear that BH Visions book isn’t hitting for you.  I haven’t started them yet but was looking forward to them.  Maybe it will feel different for me.  Undecided

The Bounty Hunters I really enjoyed early on but it hasn’t gotten better.  It’s just ok now and I doubt I’ll keep reading if it goes another arc.  If your not liking it now, probably might as well cut it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 03:00:04 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
West Coast Avengers #42
West Coast Avengers #43
West Coast Avengers #44
West Coast Avengers #45
West Coast Avengers #46
West Coast Avengers #47
West Coast Avengers #48
West Coast Avengers #49
West Coast Avengers #50
West Coast Avengers #51
West Coast Avengers #52
West Coast Avengers #53 - the 12 issue arc that is the basis for WandaVision.  Gotta check it out.

ComiXology Unlimited
Fire Power #1
Fire Power #2
Fire Power #3
Fire Power #4

Fire Power #5

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #1
Flash Forward #2
Flash Forward #3
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6

---------------------------------------------

Fire Power #1 - 5 -  I think I’ve found Mr Kirkman’s next great series.  I really enjoyed these first 5 issues even more than the OGN.  Is it the next Invincible? The next Walking Dead?  It’s still too early to say for sure but I think it could be.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 12:56:37 PM »

Fire Power #1 - 5 -  I think I’ve found Mr Kirkman’s next great series.  I really enjoyed these first 5 issues even more than the OGN.  Is it the next Invincible? The next Walking Dead?  It’s still too early to say for sure but I think it could be.

It is certainly leaning that way, but sadly I think we are drifting apart on our "likes and dislikes" Grin
Okay, that isn't the case. I don't dislike this series even though I think I made it to issue #6 before declaring I'm walking away for a few. I'm just struggling trying not to compare it to Iron Fist as it is an easy connection to make, but with each issue it seems to push me along that exact same path. It isn't a bad comic, and that is why I agree with you on what could be instore for this title, but I have to try and separate the this title from another very similar one and I haven't been able to do it.

Not sure why it is even bothering me, as normally that "very close to another" kind of stuff usually doesn't (See Black Hammer for a fine example of my enjoyment of things being close to other things  Grin) but it has been. I'm going to keep getting it until issue 12, as I do see it being one that can last and the art is certainly better than Oblivion Song *shivers* and his other title Outcast has shown not to be a pure crowd pleaser, plus I do love me some damn Iron Fist, but I decided to step away for a bit and hopefully let my comparison anger slip away  Grin
I will give the next arc a try and cross my fingers.
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 03:25:55 PM »

Star Wars (2020) #1
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #1
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #2

Darth Vader (2020) #1
Daredevil #6
Avengers #256

Kick-Ass #3
Kick-Ass #4

Kick-Ass #5
Kick-Ass #6

The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8

The Green Lantern #9

ADDED-

ADDED (part 2  Grin)
Captain America #152
Marvel Team-Up #3

Captain America #152 - So I gave up on the rest of the Star Wars stuff for now and man I'm I glad I did. I really enjoyed this crazy issue. I mean, Fury being pissed at Cap because he thinks Cap was trying to roll with Fury's "gal". Ha, awesome. And it looks like they really go at it next issue. DAMN FEMALES!!!

Marvel Team-Up #3 - Another wacky story featuring Morbius. Ha, not really a good issue, but as I remember loving this title back in the day, I'm sticking with it for now
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS