HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:28:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 17, 2021  (Read 2053 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: February 15, 2021, 10:19:07 PM »

Who knows if Jeff has power in Texas right now? Probably not, but let's help a guy out and put this up!

Unlimited

Taskmaster 1 - I'm glad to see his continued snarkiness is still prevelant. I enjoyed reading this.

Marauders 15, Excalibr 14, Wolverine 7 - I did NOT enjoy reading any of this.

Iron Man 3 - I like seeing the cadre of assembled villains here!

Amazing Spider-man 52 and 52.1 -is this done yet? At all? 9 issues of just random fighting destruction is boring. There's no description of a story; it's just events of punching in different venues. that's boring

Warhammer 2 - Guilty pleasure reading.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:08:18 AM »

Can I get an "amen"? Usually a fan of Excalibur but this mega-mutant crossover event sucked balls.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 02:49:49 AM »

Can I get an "amen"? Usually a fan of Excalibur but this mega-mutant crossover event sucked balls.

AMEN!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 06:17:58 PM »

Batman/Catwoman #3
Deadpool #9
Marauders #18
Spider-Woman #9
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »

Finally got consistent power today!  What a crazy couple of days it has been.  Still don't have hot water but at least the toilets flush.  (TMI?)  Weather's not supposed to get better until Saturday so maybe I'll just hunker down and get some reading done!

Marvel Unlimited
Marvels Snapshots Spider-Man #1
Marvels X #5
Marvels X #6
Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place #1 (by Jeff Lemire)
Immortal Hulk #38
Strange Academy #3
Black Widow #2
Thor #8
Amazing Spider-Man #49
Amazing Spider-Man #50
Amazing Spider-Man #50.1

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien: Red Planet #3
Family Tree #10
Fire Power #1
Fire Power #2
Fire Power #3
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Fire Power #7
Kick-Ass vs. Hit-Girl #3
Rorshach #5
Seven Secrets #6
Stillwater #5

DC Universe Infinite
Batman & the Outsiders #10
Batman & the Outsiders #11
Batman & the Outsiders #12
Batman & the Outsiders #13
Batman & the Outsiders #14
Batman & the Outsiders #15
Flash Forward #1
Flash Forward #2
Flash Forward #3
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6
Green Lantern: Blackstars #1
Green Lantern: Blackstars #2
Green Lantern: Blackstars #3

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 04:17:29 PM »

And so far I’ve read nothing on my list. Meanwhile my kid was forced to read for entertainment and read all 5 of my Chew Ominbus’. A feat not even I had accomplished.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »

Meanwhile my kid was forced to read for entertainment and read all 5 of my Chew Ominbus’.

Congrats!! Nice job, indeed  Cool

A feat not even I had accomplished.

Well, and not trying to belittle the accomplishment, as it is a good one, but she is a young one that was without power to be on her 'life force' ... I mean her phone for awhile
 Cheesy Cheesy
But still, I have power and it took me what, years to get through Invisible and Saga?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
So good on her!!!!
 Smiley

I actually found my 'comic mojo' a couple days ago thanks to Thor!! In fact, all my Marvel buys came out this past week. Or did they? I forgot I didn't really read anything from last week, so maybe not. Heck, I only have four of them I keep up with anyway, but sometimes I think I need to cut that down to two. I have a feeling one will be gone after next month anyway.
 Grin
I didn't feel like I got through much for the week, but for only reading the two nights, I guess I did pretty well
 Grin Grin

Black Hammer: Visions #1 - This issue left me totally confused. Have to wait for Jeff to read it to confirm something, but yeah, I'm scratching my head about a major aspect of this story. Maybe I missed/forgot something about Black Hammer? Ha, damn sure could be. Even if I wasn't confused by this, I still thought it was barely okay. Nothing to write home about. Let me know when you get to it Jeff!

Department of Truth #3
Department of Truth #4
Department of Truth #5
- The day after they announce this has been optioned for a series I read this and think that I am no longer enjoying it as much as I use to. Much like Jimmy feels about Iron Man (I get it), this story is just leaving me ... just kind of tired after I get done. No grabbing me as much for some reason. Maybe I will just wait for the tv series and save some money? Is it just me, Jeff? Maybe I will give one more issue a shot.

Iron Man #6 - I've mentioned that I feel the "stretch" in this title, that it seems they have not moved from issue #2 or 3 too much at all, well this is no different. Came really, really close to just throwing this aside and move it to the MU pile of "to reads", but the last few pages dialog won me over. Going to give it one more issue and if nothing wows me, its gone from my instant pile, over to the wait the three months pile

Eternals #2 - This should be nothing but an MU title for me, it just started after Marvel announced they were going to a three month wait instead of six, but I had to try it and now I can't stop getting it. Love Ribic's art, even when it is rushed or bad, just can't help it. And even though this is very similar (too similar?) to Hickman's style (info boxes telling some of the story), I still can't look away. I like it. Damn it.

Immortal Hulk: Flatline #1 - Should've waited on this. An okay story written and drawn by Declan Shalvey, but nothing I had to read. Decent enough though, just would have enjoyed it more on MU I think. Ya know, cheaper? Ha

Thor #12 - So I see where a Bleeding Cool reviewer hated on this ... I think he is out of his F'n mind!!! True, lots of stuff here that is essentially not needed, but this was done to perfection!!! I mean, I think "Mr. reviewer" (not giving him name status  Grin) is just hating on the main character involved, and I get SOME of that hate, but ... no ... ya know what ... screw that guy and his review.  Grin Cheesy Wink
I loved this!!!

Jupiter's Legacy v1 #1
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #2
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #3
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #4
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #5_
Jupiter's Circle v1 #1
Jupiter's Circle v1 #2
Jupiter's Circle v1 #3
Jupiter's Circle v1 #4
Jupiter's Circle v1 #5
Jupiter's Circle v1 #6_
Jupiter's Circle v2 #1
Jupiter's Circle v2 #2
Jupiter's Circle v2 #3
Jupiter's Circle v2 #4
Jupiter's Circle v2 #5
Jupiter's Circle v2 #6_
Jupiter's Legacy v2 #1
... then ...
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #1
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #2
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #3
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #4
Jupiter's Legacy v1 #5
again.
 Cheesy Cheesy
I couldn't remember who was who well enough when I started reading the second volume of Legacy, so I jumped back in and quickly reread the first series again, mostly just scanning, but it gave me a refresher with the names
 Grin
But yeah, Jeff, I'm through the first three minis at least. Pretty good stuff, really enjoyed them all, but glad I'm back for the Quietly art in this "last" one. Seeing as how that was my sole reason for trying this thing
 Grin
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS