HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:55:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 10, 2021  (Read 1523 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 10, 2021, 05:34:02 PM »

Wahoo! New Comic Wednesday!

DCeased Dead Planet #7 (back issue)
Excalibur #18
Mighty Morphin' #3 & #4
Radiant Black #1
SWORD #3
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »

Going to hit that Jimmy Olsen list first and try to finish that series.

Marvel Unlimited
Marvels Snapshots Spider-Man #1
Marvels X #5
Marvels X #6
Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place #1 (by Jeff Lemire)
Immortal Hulk #38
Strange Academy #3
Black Widow #2
Thor #8
Amazing Spider-Man #49
Amazing Spider-Man #50
Amazing Spider-Man #50.1

DC Universe
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #6
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #8
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #9
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #10
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #11
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #12

--------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »

Hate to start off the week on a "poor ole me" post, but when it comes to entertainment (outside of television or movies) I've been having a rough time as of late getting into or "feeling it" for anything. I am just in a hum-drum mood lately so every issue of a comic I start, I end up putting back down (or swiping away as they are almost always digital  Grin). Can't find a good audiobook to listen to (or read  Tongue) and I have started a few; from Star Wars' Heir to the Empire to my man Joe Abercrombie's stuff (whom I always find an incredible listen) to one of my classic pulpy Doc Savage stories to The Dresden Files #5 (or #6 ... don't remember now), nothing seems to be what I want to read or listen to. Hell even Podcasts aren't doing it for me right now. I even put down an issue of Back Issue and that always gets me fired up, reading about the past Marvel Bullpen stories.
Just nothing hittin' for me.
Not sure what's going on but like Jimmy said, just wait it out, don't push it, so that is what I'ma gonna do.  Smiley
(sucks though, especially when I'm out walking the dog. That is when I get some good "reading" in)
 Undecided

That said I did finish Saga a couple days ago  Grin WOO-HOO for me!
Can't believe it took me this damn long.

Saga #47
Saga #48
Saga #49
Saga #50
Saga #51
Saga #52
Saga #53
Saga #54
- I wasn't spoiled on the ending, luckily, miraculously, but I knew ... well ...
I did hear it was sad, so I figured that one of the parents had to die. Makes sense it was the guy that didn't want to fight.
I still can't believe BKV and Staples have yet to return to this. It has been a long time to say the least. I did read where, back in January Vaughn said they are working on it and it won't be long, but jeez.

Whatever the reason, I know it was stated as just an extended break, I hope Fiona was not going through anything too bad. It is usually the artist that slows the stuff down as they have so much more to do that even a few months off can set things back further than a writer taking a year away.

Anyway, hopefully soon ... and then I will have to wait another 6 months or so to start reading it  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:28:37 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Marvels Snapshots Spider-Man #1
Marvels X #5
Marvels X #6
Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place #1 (by Jeff Lemire)
Immortal Hulk #38
Strange Academy #3
Black Widow #2
Thor #8
Amazing Spider-Man #49
Amazing Spider-Man #50
Amazing Spider-Man #50.1

DC Universe
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #6
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #8
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #9
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #10
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #11
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #12

--------------------------------------------

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4-12 - Finally finished it!  Good series.  It took me awhile to get into it but it got really good midway through and ended really fun.  Jimmy Olsen in a whole new light!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS