HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:40:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wanda Vision  (Read 3601 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 18, 2021, 12:53:01 AM »

Episodes 1 & 2 dropped this weekend.  What  did you think?

Episode 1 - This was so jarring for me since I had just watched Avengers Infinity War and Endgame the night before.  My initial reaction was that I didn’t like it.

Episode 2 - This was a better episode and I started getting used to it.  The mystery finally creeped in and now I’m intrigued.

The jury is still out on this for me.  I’ll keep watching and see how the payoff is.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:21:02 AM »

I had the same feelings...ep 1 kinda of meh, 2nd ep picks up a bit but still not a lot there.

I like the in-shows ads and it will be fun to see if/how they play a deeper role.

would like to see
Mojo
be the ultimate villain here but that's a longshot.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 03:21:55 PM »

would like to see
Mojo
be the ultimate villain here but that's a longshot.

Ba Dum Bump  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 03:24:41 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 03:27:24 PM »

I like the fake commercials too.  Very clever and hilarious.  Nice wink and nod to us Marvelites.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 02:34:59 AM »

if you haven't watched episode 5 yet; stop whatever it is your doing because this is infinitely more important and GO WATCH IT!  like NOW!

The last 3 minutes more than make the show worthwhile.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »

I'm with JC

This show has just been AWESOME the last 2 eps!!! I'm whole sale SOLD and onboard!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 10:39:00 AM »

Show is great, but I do wonder how many "non-Comic" peeps (or those not too into the Marvel Cinematic Universe) stayed around after the first two episodes. Even I, a fan who knew what they were (basically) doing, tired of the method early.

I do think "they" were smart in giving us the two episodes back to back from the get go as ... yeah, it was a rough start, save for some interesting drops here and there like "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" and the creepy "For the children" harmony, but it has gotten much better. Really found the drive midway through episode 3. Thank goodness.

Oh, and I am wondering if those two people in the commercials are suppose to be Wanda's parents? Adopted or otherwise? One thing I think is very, very cool that I totally missed but so glad I heard was when, and it may not be true, but I was watching a Youtube thingy and one commenter (sorry, forgot who) brought up the fact that each commercial showed us
the properties of the Infinity Stones ... umm, Gems.
The Toaster in Episode One had the look of Vision with the Mind Stone in the center of it
The Watch in Episode Two could easily relate to the Time Stone
The Soap in Episode Three floating in the bubbles had the look of the Tesseract
And the way the red liquid ran amok in Episode Five had the look of the Aether/Reality Stone
I think that is so damn cool!!!
 Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:18:26 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 01:55:11 AM »

agreed...eps 4&5 really picked up the pace an intrigue.  very much enjoying this show.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:49 PM »

Enjoyed episode 6, but I take exception to the comment about Vision's "costume" and it looking ridiculous!!!

Grin Wink

Sure, THAT one did, but ...   Cheesy Cheesy

Of course
I loved the look/nod to Wiccan and Speed (Hulkling's old AND MUCH BETTER name) even though they just copied Pietro's llok for Speed.
Oh and I think we are at the spot where the mutants will be "becoming", after Wanda spread her "hex" out further!!!

Also see where ... how ... someone is going to get powerered up  Grin

EDIT - Also wanted to ask, because I can't think of how,
if anyone could come up with what stone that commercial in this episode was suppose to represent because I am now thinking that idea may not be a thing? The only stones left are the Soul stone and the Power Stone and I can't make a connection with either to that shark, hungry kid commercial and to the stones, unless it could be a Soul Stone (dying) connection? But that is weak.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:43:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »

Final episdoe tonight and dying to see the white Vision in action. Who is the mysterious Avenger cameo? Wonder Man? Dr. Strange?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 01:14:19 PM »

Thought the finale was ... okay.

Overall enjoyed the series but it got a little ... TV'ish with this last episode.

Lots of decent action and fan service images though, like
Wanda creepy face looking like she did back when C'thon took her over on Wundergore Mountain!
but still, not the greatest last episode.

Be sure tow atch both after credits scenes however, not just one this time!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 09:11:36 PM »

I enjoyed the finale and the series as a whole.  They left it open for another season so hopefully we’ll get that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS