HR Boards
January 27, 2021, 04:10:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Untitled "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" sequel premieres in theaters April 8, 2022!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 6, 2021 Happy New Year!  (Read 103 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 06, 2021, 09:08:03 AM »

Going to work on finishing last weeks list.

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Batman & the Outsiders #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

Marvel Unlimited
Thor #7
Iron Man #1
Immortal Hulk #0
Immortal Hulk #37
The Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn #1
Spider-Woman #4
Spider-Man Noir #4
Maestro #2
Immortal She-Hulk #1
Daredevil #22
Darth Vader #5
Bounty Hunters #5

———————————————————————-

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:54 PM »

Getting a step up on Jeff!

(But best well wishes to you and your family Jeff; keep covering well!)

I did
X-force 4 (yeah 22 issues of X of Swords is gonna be long)
Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place, see HERE I loved Del Mundo's art; not on Thor! Cool issue. Deadly issue!
Shang Chi 1 -ok, I read it. All of everything presented here is new to me. But uninteresting, honestly
Namor 10-18 - oy, that was hard, I mostly scanned the pages and didn't read everything written down. However, John Byrne was a great writer; he had cliffhangers, he had minutae continuity, he had callbacks, he wove stuff so finely. His plotting was supreme!

IN my Unlimited, I ONLY have Captain Marvel (latest volume, all of it....), Thunderstrike (because I was very curious on this character), Thing #1 from 1983 because Perry loved it Wink and Avengers 84, from the original numbering back in 1963 (and yes, I read/READ all of those issues up to that point too! Didn't realize how much of all that Wanda/Simon/Vision stuff was before that point!!!)

BUT THAT'S IT IN MY PULL LIST!!!

Oh yeah,

DC Universe

Flash 50-52 - oh boy, new stuff with the Strength Force, and man, I love Wally West. Best Flash out there!! I think what I do enjoy of Barry is that he knows that...the best of him...is that he made Wally into something greater he(Barry). And Williamson, and Geoff Johns, and near everyone, always wrote that way. But now I have to reread Heroes in Crisis in one sitting, since that takes place after Flash 51, and also because I'm reading Flash Forward now too.

Batman 26 -37: War of Jokes and Riddles: This was brutal, I mean good, but man..there was so much wanton killing, just killing..and that gets to me, it does!  Rules of Engagement (Selina v Talia; good stuff!) and the double date with Lois & Clark. I've enjoyed reading this! As well as Annual 2, about Bat & Cat's first dating and final days

Detective  943-947- The Victim Syndicate along with the First Victim and Tim's death fallout. Damn, this is cutting stuff!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 08:37:28 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:42:12 AM »

Dark Nights Death Metal #7
Generations Shattered #1....LONG OVERDUE
Spider-Woman #8
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 01:38:33 PM »

Generations Shattered #1....LONG OVERDUE

How is it?

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 01:53:57 PM »

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82

The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

Marvel Unlimited
Thor #7
Iron Man #1
Immortal Hulk #0
Immortal Hulk #37
Spider-Woman #4
Spider-Man Noir #4
Maestro #2
Immortal She-Hulk #1
Daredevil #22
Darth Vader #5
Bounty Hunters #5

———————————————————————-

Metal Men #2 - I didn't even finish this.  It's not necessarily bad because the art is good and the story is probably interesting to some.  But I just couldn't get into it.  This is probably of a case that it's me not you.

Flash #82 - King Cold!  Loved it and especially the cringe worthy ending.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 07:55:38 PM »

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82

The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12

Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

Marvel Unlimited
Thor #7
Iron Man #1
Immortal Hulk #0
Immortal Hulk #37
Spider-Woman #4
Spider-Man Noir #4
Maestro #2
Immortal She-Hulk #1
Daredevil #22
Darth Vader #5
Bounty Hunters #5

———————————————————————-

The Green Lantern #10, 11, & 12 - loved these trippy multiverse Green Lanterns.  The hippy one was funny. Nice wrap up to this series which continues in Green Lantern Blackstars before returning for “season 2”.  I’m enjoying the Morrison weirdness.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS