HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:13:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 30, 2020  (Read 2236 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 30, 2020, 04:24:40 AM »

I’m going to concentrate on all things DC this week and then hit my MU list if I can.

ComiXolgy
Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Superman: Endless Winter Special #1
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58
     Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1
     Justice League Dark #29
     Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1
     Justice League: Endless Winter #2

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Batman & the Outsiders #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

Marvel Unlimited
Thor #7
Iron Man #1
Immortal Hulk #0
Immortal Hulk #37
The Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn #1
Spider-Woman #4
Spider-Man Noir #4
Maestro #2
Immortal She-Hulk #1
Daredevil #22
Darth Vader #5
Bounty Hunters #5

--------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 04:06:38 AM »

Killing it on DC Universe!!

Batman Superman 1-5, the Infected King Shazam, Scarab, Deathbringer, The Commissioner

Flash 30-35 'It's so hard to stop reading this once I get going.

Aquaman 55 -this is cancelled in 4 issues? Or is it 14?

Justice League 32-35 Part 7 of 12!!!.....But I'm essentially current with this in 3 issues where it meets up with the current Batman Superman issue 5 and with Hell Arisen Villians title/one shot? In any case, I'm feeling better about time lines

He-Man and Masters of the Multiverse 2 Its junk, but its my guilty pleasure

Shazam 9  Crap, I still do so enjoy this

Flash Forward 4 I want Wally to have his life back! Clark Kent got his parents back! They get to be Grandparents !!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT THEY ARE GRANDPARENTS TO JON THAT IS SO DAMNED COOL!!!!!!! I just know what my kids mean to their grandparents and vice versa. YAY FOR THAT BEING RETURNED!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:10:37 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 11:36:06 PM »

Over to Marvel!!!

X of Swords Creation : Part 1 of 22?!? OH lordy! That said I love the artist. Ramon Perez did the last volume of Uncanny Avengers, and I dig his strong defined lines and forms

Maestro 2: THAT was an ending I didn't think I'd see!!!

Daredevil 22: A good build. An enjoyable build. Nothing slow or meandering. That's how you do some drama!

Immortal She Hulk 1 - a great companion to the Immortal Hulk story!!!

Spider-woman 4: This story is crazy! That's what I gotta say!

Juggernaut 1: Okay, I read. I'm intrigued. I'll read the next issue. Ron Garney is getting even looser in his style, and I'd rather have an inker tighten it up a bit.

I still have the last 3 Starlin Infinity Thanos books yet; been slow to get to those, but I can now! And Maybe this volume of Captain Marvel, because I keep trying to like her! But it's real hard. Her soldier asshole, line in the sand, my way or the wrong way just doesn't cut it for me. I miss Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel volume of her from the Secret Invasion era.

Back to DC!!!

Detective 934-all the way back to Rebirth on this title!! Eddy Barrows! Love his work too!!

The GL: Darkstars 2: Okay, even I can't figure my way out of this Grant Morrison nonsense. Sad

Justice League 36-39, Hell Arisen 1: I'M ALL CAUGHT UP ON DOOM DOOM DOOM STUFF!!!!

Now to see if there is a HUGE comic dump after the first of the year when comics are caught up to 6 months behind publishing date!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:39:32 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 03:19:29 PM »

Flash 36-40 & Flash Annual 1: a bit more Wally coming into these stories. I guess I am liking to read more about how Williamson made Barry into more than a goody two shoes character; someone with some complexities. His guilt about his lies, and about how that really breaks him down; about how he has such walls around himself, and how he ...runs away from it all.

Detective Comics 935-940: Huh, Eddy Barrows didn't last 2 issues until needing help before coming back for part 6. This was Tim's "Death" at the time. Love the stuff with Kate and her dad.

Then, it's the Monster Men arc between Detective(941-942)and Batman (7,8) This was utterly dumb

Batman 9-13 was the 'I am suicide arc' can't say I enjoyed it. Pacing was disjointed, didn't feel very good, and it was a distracting, nonsense bit. Not a winner by King.

Batman 14-15 is 'Rooftops' with Bat and Cat's love tryst through the night and being playful with each other. It was fine.

But so far...early on...I don't find much to write home about with King writing Batman.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 08:26:19 PM »

Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Knightfall, Death of Superman, Blackest Night, Infinite Crisis, Judas Contract. Each got less interesting to me as I read them. I enjoyed Knightfall and Death of...though. I like the idea of Tempus Fuginaut's though...if such vile evil comes from the Dark Multiverse...is there a chance a hero of great light rises up to battle them? He must look! I like that idea.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 03:42:48 AM »

I apparently cannot be stopped!!

Marvel:

Thanos: Infinity Siblings, Infinity Conflict, Infinity Ending: I love Alan Davis/Mark Farmer art. I have to see if all those Jim Starlin Thanos books are for purchase. I got the first 3...then lost track of them. I would love for him also to only control Adam Warlock! So glad I read these.

Namor 4-9: This is John Byrne's work on the title back in the 90s. Back when Byrne seemingly could do no wrong. I had to quit collecting then, and I've long had this in my queue; just decided to get after it! 9 more issues of his work!!

After this queue, it's only NEW RELEASES, Captain Marvel this volume (I can barrel through this!!) Avengers back at issue 84 (just doing my history with the title!), and Thunderstrike! Because I was always curious about this time period with Thor.

DC:
Flash 41-49-So much Zoom! So much Reverse Flash! So much Wally! Been loving going through this. Thank you Williamson! Even if I still think the Negative Speed Force is helladumb

Batman 16-25: Better. Love the entrance into the books reading Finch's art. King's stories...there's a lot of writing, and some times, it's highly unnecessary. Like, a lot of the time. I am Bane was fine, stuff with Selina was good, Now onto the 'past' story of the War of Jokes and Riddles. Waiting for someone to come in and say 'Jim, you're nuts; this was some of the best times EVER for Batman' or to just say 'yeah, I liked a it a bunch, but it wasn't greatest of all.'

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »

I only got through Endless Winter due to illness.  I’m going to have to up my reading levels to catch up!

ComiXolgy
Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Superman: Endless Winter Special #1
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58
     Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1
     Justice League Dark #29
     Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Batman & the Outsiders #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

Marvel Unlimited
Thor #7
Iron Man #1
Immortal Hulk #0
Immortal Hulk #37
The Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins of Norman Osborn #1
Spider-Woman #4
Spider-Man Noir #4
Maestro #2
Immortal She-Hulk #1
Daredevil #22
Darth Vader #5
Bounty Hunters #5

--------------------------------------------

Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767 - decent enough issue carrying the story along.
     Superman: Endless Winter Special #1 - ugh. This art was terrible.
     Aquaman #66 - good story. Explains why Aquaman is missing.
     Justice League #58 - Lots of John Stewart.
     Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1 - shoehorned in just to get a Teen Titans book out. It’s the only issue these characters appear in.
     Justice League Dark #29 - fun book. Brings us closer to the big ending.
     Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1 - Lots of cool Black Adam and Hippolyta stuff here.
     Justice League: Endless Winter #2- pretty good ending.

Endless Winter was a decent Justice League mini event.  Sits quite well on its own and is not necessary to read because it’s “going to change everything!”  Because it’s not and doesn’t plan too. It’s a story on it’s own and I like that.  We need more of these.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:04:51 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 12:24:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS