HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 10:59:33 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Omnibus and HC on your bookshelf  (Read 2284 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 26, 2020, 02:34:10 AM »

I was glancing through my bookshelf this afternoon and noticed I still have that Big Damn Sin City gigantic hardcover that I bought in 2016 sitting on my shelf...still in the shrinkwrap!  Not to mention 5 HC volumes of Chew, 2 Omnibus' of the Legion of Super-Heroes, the Absolute Authority (2 volumes) and all of those DC 75th Anniversary HC's.

Some I've read.  A lot I haven't.  But I still love having them on the shelf.  They look great.   Grin

So what Omni's and HC's do you guys have on your shelves?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:36:08 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »

Well, I guess I should say that I no longer do the Omnibus thing. I love the look of them, I love that they hold as much as they do and I truly wish I could enjoy them, but they are way too bulky for me to read. I don't usually lay a book on a table to read as my neck gets all kinds of cramped and tired (a big reason I like digital by the way ... I can hold it anyway I want) so Omnis (or omni?) kind of end up just staying on the shelf looking pretty ... just like my copy of the Big Damn City  Grin

And also, I must admit that I have started trading most of my hardcovers away  Shocked Shocked

In-fact, I don't think I have one single Marvel or DC hardcover any longer. I started trading them into a few of the used book stores around here as to:

A - spread the love to (hopefully) new, young readers. As I never read them anyway and find digital so much better for me, I will always choose the digital version if I want to read older stuff. The main reason I decided to join Marvel and DC Unlimited (it's just easier calling DC's version the same thing) was to start getting rid of the big two books I never, ever open.

B - To get my novel collection going again. Even though I only go with the paperback option and thus have no true "collector's value", I find I enjoy having books on my shelves more than HC !!  Shocked Plus, Marvel and DC's pricing is so damn ridiculous for F'n reprint material that I traded one Wolverine HC (which when you trade in something it only garners a return of a quarter the cover price, so they can sell it for half the cover) for the first two paperbacks of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive ... which of course I will never open as I will listen to the audiobook instead  Cheesy Cheesy

So yeah, I don't have much left at all really. A few things that I just can't seem to trade in like
the aforementioned Big Damn City (which I tried to trade once and one store said no ... curse on the cover  Roll Eyes)
the first 11 HC's of Walking Dead (12 comics each)
the first 10 of Invincible Ultimate Collection (12 comics)
a good bit of Warren Ellis stuff (Authority, Planetary, Global Frequency, Ocean etc ...)
Criminal (just a couple)
All of Terry Moore's NON-Stranger in Paradise stuff (nothing wrong with that SiP stuff, I just never bought it)
Saga v1 (I do want v2 but I keep forgetting to order it  Cheesy)
Hickman's Manhattan Projects stuff ... and maybe one more? Red Wing? I think? Its not here but I think I have it?
a couple more, spattering here and there that friends are currently "reading"  Roll Eyes that I can't think of. I know my boy Dave did enjoy my Preacher stuff, and he isn't a comic guy, so that made me happy. And hey ... he still has that shit!!!
 Angry

But yeah, not a lot at all. Heck, eventually I think I will get rid of them all anyway. Well .... except for Saga, the Ellis, Moore and the Hickman stuff ... and possibly the Brubaker stuff and ... if I ever get any, some Remender stuff
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 01:28:49 PM »

As far as 'forgetting' HC, I have Snyder's and Jock's Black Mirror...all in Black and White. Not what I thought was buying. Oops. Haven't read it!

Omni's are the full 13 Invincibles, 3 Morning Glories (I regret), first 2 X-0 Manowars, Rai, Hickman's Avengers(only the first, I better find the 2nd before it's impossible to!), Saga!!!, and Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I've also got the entirety of Geoff John's GL in their hardcover trade dressing (not a great format of trade build/design, but they are larger than the other tpbs, so I'll take them), as well as the hc of all Aquaman from new52, Snyder Batman, Wonder Woman, and Morrison Superman.

I'm mostly all tpbs on my 12 shelves of trades.

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »

MoKF Vol. 1
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 12:42:42 PM »

MoKF Vol. 1

Right on !!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS