HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:33:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Post-Aaron Thor  (Read 2003 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 17, 2020, 08:36:36 PM »

Ok, I'm kicking some stuff out. SPOILERS FOR ISSUES 1-5

I'm...at one point, I was going to start discussing this book by how much I enjoy that Thor...changes. Which is odd, considering he's an immortal god stuck in the form and function of God of Thunder. But, losing his arm, losing his eye, losing Mjolnir, gaining it back with part of the living tree handle, all this has been one amazing journey over the last decade and more. And I loved that it all stuck!

Until the last page of the first issue when Herald of Galactus Thor action figure has his eye return, arm fixed, and regular looking Mjolnir there.

It felt...like a gut punch. I mean, the eye was lost to gain wisdom and power. Why should that remain? Is Galactus stronger than that? I guess. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Destroyer's arm fall to the side. We've always seen that there are some intractables in comics (Superman this, Spider-man this, Batman that, Cap's shield, Logan's claws, Thor's hammer), so I guess seeing it returned to near normal is okay...it just was a gut punch.

I consider some of the actions over the next few issues questionable (Thor and Bill's fight...eh...but Sif's reaction was spot on. Galactus' revelation of being a Herald for the Black Winter from before...ok, I'll read it.

I won't lie the big end of all existence story seems a bit big, and even a weird kind of 'weren't we just here?' feel, but I'm down with it.

I've been loving reading Thor comics for probably over 15 years now. Like, it's been a perennial favorite nearly the whole time. I can see that still continuing here.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »

Football Sunday is a bad time for me to try and respond, even though I am going to say nothing, really.
 Grin

Will hit back

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS