HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:20:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Doom Patrol  (Read 4732 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 17, 2020, 02:16:26 AM »

Finally got started on this and I’m three episodes in.

Holy crap what a mind frak show!  This is sooooo Grant Morrison Doom Patrol.  I’m way hooked on this show.

My only complaint is having Cyborg in this.  He’s not needed and takes them out of the weirdness too much.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »

Finally got started on this ...

About time
 Smiley

I do think season two started to wear a tad thin for me, but I did watch a butt-load of episodes back to bac, so I am thinking that was the issue. That or S2 just wasn't as good.
 Grin

Regardless, happy to see season 3!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:40:56 AM »

Just finished Episode 7

OMG! This show is AMAZING!!!  How did I not know this before now?!?

The next episode is called “The Danny Patrol”.  Are we really about to get Danny the Street in this show?Huh

And from what I’ve seen so far they can pull it off.  This might be my favorite watch of the year.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 03:23:37 AM »

Finished Season 1 today.

What a great amazing crazy weird show!  This has turned into my favorite thing to watch this year.  I would have never believed that you could bring the grant Morrison version of this team to the screen. They did it and did it well. If you haven’t watched this I highly recommend it. Looking forward to diving into season two as soon as possible!

I recommend watching only a few episodes a week and dragging it out. Too much at once could burn you out as it’s pretty out there.  I did the slow burn and have loved it for it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »

Premier’s on September 23!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 12:37:31 AM »

Official trailer….only 19 more days!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 11:44:40 PM »

Not looking
 Tongue

Tired of being spoiled by these darn trailers. Taking time off from all trailers from the shows/movies that I know I am going to see.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 01:19:20 PM »

Started watching this over Labor Day weekend. Not too bad. Just started season 2 and was hoping for more Titans to appear.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 04:17:24 AM »

I just finished Season 3.  I liked it.  It matches the greatness of the first two seasons.  Also really fun seeing the Brain and Monsieur Mallah on the screen!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 01:35:33 PM »

I just finished Season 3.  I liked it.  It matches the greatness of the first two seasons.  Also really fun seeing the Brain and Monsieur Mallah on the screen!

This is on my binge list for this winter. Finished Season 2  and really looking forward to it.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »

SPOILERS!!!!
 Tongue

Just kidding  Grin
(I unfortunately saw them in the previews/trailer or whatever it was. Another reason I am no longer watching trailers for shows/movies that I know 100% I am going to see!)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 02:34:58 PM »

Sorry! I just assumed everyone already knew that since it was in the trailers.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 11:22:42 PM »

Sorry! I just assumed everyone already knew that since it was in the trailers.

Exactly, that is why I added the other part  Smiley Grin Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 10:12:09 PM »

Last 6 episodes coming in October!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS