HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:00:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC Future State  (Read 2709 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 16, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »

I don't know what it is, other than a bunch of two issue mini's (Edit - okay, some 4 issue mini's and some one-shots as well?), but I do know that I have no interest in it whatever it is.

FUTURE STATE HERE

No thank you.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:47:36 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »

So wait, The Next Batman, a four issue mini is going to be 64 pages each issue but also $8 each and every issue?
Jeez, if I had any plans on getting any of this stuff before, which I luckily didn't, that idea would be squashed out of both my brain and my wallet now. $32 bucks for 4 comics? Four comics that will not matter ... or matter even less than normal big two comics do ... in a month or so? NO!!! F.U

I hope that isn't accurate.

Actually, screw it, yeah I hope all of that is accurate. Lets just push the damn print comics even faster to extinction  Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »

Yeah, this weekend, DC released a lot of images and hype over this but it looks like crap. We dont need/want yet ANOTHER version of classic heroes. Aquaman's daughter was literally just born and now she's Aquawoman?!?!? No thanks! Isn't that why Lorena Marquez was created? And the new Wonder Woman is nothing more than an attempt at forced diversity.

I'm with Perry. Thanks but NO THANKS!!!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »

I think this is the 5G storyline that got Dan Didio ultimately fired.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 02:35:57 AM »

I think this is the 5G storyline that got Dan Didio ultimately fired.

What Jeff said. They are cramming that 5G plan of remaking the DC publishing world into 2 months of big hype *probably because all that work was done/near done, and no way were they going to sit on 30 titles of written and drawn work without putting them out.

Oh well, we may see small fruit from them with time travel stories, seeds sown that will affect current books futures, teases.

But nothing I'd ever 'buy.' I burned myself and made myself quite  floppies with 'Convergence.'

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS