HR Boards
October 22, 2020, 04:32:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Uncharted premieres in theaters July 6, 2021!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 21, 2020  (Read 45 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:00 AM »

Had to bring some over from last week but not a lot.  This week however, has a lot on its own!

ComiXolgy
X of Swords
   Excalibur #13 - Chapter 9
   X-Men #13 - Chapter 10
Juggernaut #2
DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #12
Something is Killing the Children #11
Undiscovered Country #8
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #4
Low #25
Hidden Society #3
Gideon Falls #25
Black Magick #14
20XX #6
Trillium Deluxe Edition (Collects Trillium issues #1-8)

Marvel Unlimited
Empyre #1
Empyre: Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four #21 - Empyre Tie-In
Guardians of the Galaxy #4
Immortal Hulk #35
Spider-Woman #2
Amazing Spider-Man #44
Dr. Strange #5
Strange Academy #2
Marvels X #4

DC Universe
The Green Lantern #1
The Green Lantern #2
The Green Lantern #3
The Green Lantern #4

--------------------------------------------

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 06:38:37 PM »

ComiXolgy
X of Swords
   Excalibur #13 - Chapter 9
   X-Men #13 - Chapter 10

Juggernaut #2
DCeased: Hope at Worlds End #12
Something is Killing the Children #11
Undiscovered Country #8
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #4
Low #25
Hidden Society #3
Gideon Falls #25
Black Magick #14
20XX #6
Trillium Deluxe Edition (Collects Trillium issues #1-8)

Marvel Unlimited
Empyre #1
Empyre: Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four #21 - Empyre Tie-In

Guardians of the Galaxy #4
Immortal Hulk #35
Spider-Woman #2
Amazing Spider-Man #44
Dr. Strange #5
Strange Academy #2
Marvels X #4

DC Universe
The Green Lantern #1
The Green Lantern #2
The Green Lantern #3
The Green Lantern #4

--------------------------------------------

X of Swords
   Excalibur #13 - Chapter 9 - Ugh.  I can't stand this book with Betsy as Captain Britain.  It's a shame this event seems to focus so much on the characters from this time in the X-Men's past.  I want Betsy back as Psylocke, plain and simple.  At least we got two swords out of this book so we can move along.

X-Men #13 - Chapter 10 - I was starting to get lost in all the detail in this book but Hickman pulled it together for me by the end.  This book I liked.

Juggernaut #2 - Battle with the Hulk = Like.  Sappy guilt trip laid on Juggernaut = been there, done that.  Now that MU is going to three months I'm going to wait on the last three issues of this mini and get them there.

Empyre #1 - Hmmmm.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.  Actually off to a good start.

Empyre: Fantastic Four - Oops.  I read this out of order.  This comes BEFORE Empyre #1.  But it was a nice little one shot Fantastic Four story.  I enjoyed it for what it was.

Fantastic Four #21 - Empyre Tie-In - Started out pretty cool with the origin of the Kree and Skrull kids from the above one shot.  Then went downhill fast.  Ugh.  The writing in this book has not improved.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:30:26 AM »

Batman #101
Excalibur #13... Sorry, Jeff, I really like this team. Although Captain Avalon is a lame name.
Justice League #55
Spider Woman #5
Teen Titans #46... really surprised this hasn't been cancelled yet.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:22:27 AM »

It has.  Grin Next issue is the last. 

But so has my beloved Suicide Squad and Hawkman!!!!  Angry Angry Angry

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:35:25 AM »

It has.  Grin Next issue is the last. 

But so has my beloved Suicide Squad and Hawkman!!!!  Angry Angry Angry

As much as I despise Damian as a Robin and a character, he carried the team.  Not shocked about the Squad. When the first issue starts with a bunch of newbies, it won't last a year.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:58:29 AM »

Excalibur #13... Sorry, Jeff, I really like this team. Although Captain Avalon is a lame name.

Im glad you like it!  Im sure my ire comes from my love of Psylocke and my disappointment that shes Captain Britain instead of Brian.  A lot of my favorite characters are on this team (Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee) so Im sure my expectations are too high.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:30:42 PM »

Not shocked about the Squad. When the first issue starts with a bunch of newbies, it won't last a year.

But it wasn't JUST new guys, and
a good many of those were killed in the first issue anyway
  Cheesy Cheesy But yeah, a lot of people see that list and decide not to try it. You're right. Sad as even with the new peeps, I think it was one of DC's best written books ... and the art was/is good too  Smiley

"I do not have OCD. I know. I've checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don't. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times"
David Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS